Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Mechanism"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Mechanism is the heart of chemical transformation, and this book is one of the best compilations of the "rules" of electron flow in organic reactions.
- A mechanism is needed to map IP addresses onto the addresses of the underlying network.
- A mechanism is needed to detect both types of intrusions - a break-in attempt from the outside, or a knowledgeable insider attack.
- Mechanism is then agreed upon to pay salaries to PNA employees and to give emergency humanitarian aid, but is not implemented.
- Some mechanism is required to break the SU(2) symmetry, giving mass to the W and Z in the process.
- This mechanism allows a user to cancel an article after the article has been distributed over the network.
- Another feature that is in practice strongly desirable is to incorporate a mechanism for removing entries from the ARP table of a network layer bridge.
- Note that a subnet mask of all zeroes causes the routing mechanism to assume that all hosts, whether local or remote, are on the local physical network.
- The mechanism(s) of action of carbamazepine in the treatment of bipolar disorder has not been elucidated.
- The mechanism of action of anticonvulsants used in the treatment of bipolar depression is complex and still not completely elucidated.
- This study verifies the current incidence, mechanism, presentation, and treatment of BDI occurring during LC in general surgical practice.
- CONCLUSION: The findings of the present study fail to support previous research concerning efficacy and mechanism of action for policosanols.
- These findings establish a function for endogenous BAD phosphorylation, and elucidate a mechanism by which survival kinases block apoptosis in vivo.
- Thus, findings at termination of tachycardia by ATP may be useful in the noninvasive diagnosis of the mechanism of a paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.
- Mechanism of autoxidative glycosylation: identification of glyoxal and arabinose as intermediates in the autoxidative modification of proteins by glucose.
- Pyridoxamine protects proteins from functional damage by 3-deoxyglucosone: mechanism of action of pyridoxamine.
- As a result of this mechanism, all proteins made by ribosomes are synthesized starting at their N-terminus and moving towards their C-terminus.
- This is a defense mechanism by the thyroid gland to keep up with the needs of the body for thyroid hormones.
- The body has a complex mechanism for adjusting the level of thyroid hormones.
- Zhang J, Lazar MA: The mechanism of action of thyroid hormones.
- In addition, the standard model postulates the existence of Higgs bosons, which give other particles their mass via the Higgs mechanism.
- Conventional thinking requires that some type of "mechanism" exist between the particles to synchronize this change.
- The mechanism for this interaction is unknown.
- An explanation for the mechanism of this explosion involves the interaction of material hydrodynamics and neutrino radiation.
- However, vigabatrin has been reported to lower serum phenytoin levels in some patients, an interaction whose mechanism remains obscure .
- Bone mass can be increased by intermittent parathyroid hormone (PTH) administration, but the mechanism of this phenomenon has remained unknown.
- This phenomenon is attributed to transmethylation, a direct mechanism of action that cannot be attributed to MTA metabolism as MTA is not a Methyl donor.
- The same phenomenon has been found in human T84 cells, allowing the mechanism of inhibition by the oligosaccharide to be studied in vitro.
- Although mechanism of action unknown, activity may be related to increased brain levels of GABA or enhanced GABA action.
- Serotonin may therefore be related to the mechanism of action by which hormones can affect cell proliferation of this brain region.
- The mechanism of narcosis is related to the solubility of nitrogen in the blood, occurring at elevated atmospheric pressures.
- The connecting hinge mechanism between the base of the skull (temporal bone) and the lower jaw (mandible).
- This mechanism is used for most of the vertebrate skeleton, including limbs, ribs, and part of the base of the skull.
- The pattern of injury, evaluation and treatment will vary with the mechanism of the injury.
- Consequences of TBI can be relatively subtle or completely devastating, related to the severity and mechanism of injury.
- The mechanism of injury is also important.
- Re-wiring the network: understanding the mechanism and function of anastomosis in filamentous ascomycete fungi.
- The mechanism of function is rather simple; it activates antithrombin III, a substance in our body that blocks thrombin from clotting blood.
- The rate of production of these hormones is based upon a feedback mechanism, like a thermostat regulates heat by adjusting the function of the furnace.
- This article reviews the structure, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics and possible antiparkinsonian action of zonisamide.
- Here, we summarize the evolution, structure and mechanism of serpin function and dysfunction.
- If the H and the leaving group cannot be brought into this position due to the structure of the molecule, the E2 mechanism will not take place.
- This has allowed studies on the mechanism of peptide bond formation at a level of detail that surpasses that for the classical protein enzymes.
- Bacteria use these enzymes as a defense mechanism because the can recognize and cleave foreign (virus) DNA.
- Enzyme kinetics is used as a quantitative analysis of enzyme activity and as a means of understanding the mechanism of chemical catalysis.
- Or there may be some other mechanism(s) by which inhibiting this enzyme stops the effects of certain types of infection.
- Although intensively studied, the molecular mechanism of proton pumping by this enzyme remains unknown.
- Efficacy and mechanism of action of turmeric supplements in the treatment of experimental arthritis.
- Despite its clinical usefulness, the mechanism underlying the efficacy of DBS is still unclear.
- Hypnosis and irritable bowel syndrome: a review of efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Our results suggest that the addition of dodecane to the double bond of fumarate is at least one mechanism of alkane activation under anaerobic conditions.
- Further studies will be required to confirm these results and to determine the mechanism of this effect.
- These results suggested that the mechanism of dopamine release caused by theanine is different from glutamate transporter blockers or glutamic acid.
- This specification describes a mechanism, XML namespaces, which accomplishes this.
- The specification will provide a standard mechanism for assembling service components into Java server applications.
- The actual mechanism for assigning these prefixes to a given Mobile Router is outside the scope of this specification.
- Socialisation is important because it is the mechanism for transferring the accepted norms and values of a society to the individuals within the system.
- Communism cannot change into another system because class struggle - the mechanism that drives such changes - no longer exists.
- Since the system at such low temperatures is free from normal fluid and usual mutual friction, the mechanism of the free decay is unknown.
- Based on the catalytic results over these novel solids a plausible reaction mechanism for the acylation is proposed.
- The reaction mechanism involves the acylation and activation of the acid 1 to the mixed anhydride 3.
- The mechanism of acylation is very similar to that of alkylation.
- The autonegotiation standard contained a mechanism for detecting the speed but not the duplex setting of an Ethernet peer that did not use autonegotiation.
- Scheme 1. Mechanism for the benzoin condensation as proposed by Breslow.
- In metallic materials, the plastic deformation is a well understood mechanism that stems from the atomic structure in crystalline structures.
- Based on the results of the current study, we offer a working model accounting for a potential mechanism for H. pylori -induced hypochlorhydria (Fig.
- Thus, a straight chain alkane would lose an internal hydrogen in the generic mechanism (Fig.
- In the paper we also proposed a mechanism that links the formation of the supercontinent to the subsequent formation of a mantle superplume beneath it (Fig.
- A catalytic cycle in chemistry is a term for a multistep reaction mechanism that involves a catalyst.
- A rotary car dumper is a mechanism used for unloading certain rail cars such as hopper cars or gondolas.
- Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) is a mandatory access control (MAC) security mechanism implemented in the kernel.
- The main aim of LinSec is to introduce Mandatory Access Control (MAC) mechanism into Linux (as opposed to existing Discretionary Access Control mechanism).
- A database management system, in its access control mechanism, can also apply mandatory access control.
- This mechanism can only be activated by the person or the Trusted Computing Base and cannot be imitated by untrusted software.
- The mechanism of the antihypertensive effect of thiazides is unknown.
- The mechanism of this reaction is electrophilic substitution.
- Understanding the mechanism of this process can be very beneficial for medicine, and this is an on-going research of the Russian biochemists.
- For the mechanism of this type of process, look at the Michael addition of a simple enolate.
- In order to omit these states from the description of every physical process, a mechanism called gauge symmetry is used.
- In 1859, when Darwin published his theory of natural selection, the mechanism behind the inheritance of individual traits was unknown.
- Natural selection is by far the main mechanism of change; even slight advantages are important when continued.
- Charles Darwin was the first to rigorously argue this idea, which he did with his proposal of natural selection as an evolutionary mechanism.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends.
- The Dirac Sea provides a mechanism for time-travel in Geoffrey A. Landis ' Nebula Award -winning short story "Ripples in the Dirac Sea".
- The mechanism by which Aza C produces its effects is most likely multifactorial.
- The mechanism of the interaction between amiodarone and warfarin in humans.
- Humans are sensitive to humid air because the human body uses evaporative cooling as the primary mechanism to regulate temperature.
- While it is known that humans serve as the natural host of H. pylori, the exact mechanism of transmission is still unclear.
- The mechanism of action of reelin at the molecular level has been the subject of several hypotheses.
- Despite its action at the molecular level, the evolution of TTX in some organisms is viewed by ecologists as a defense mechanism.
- On a molecular level, impaired iron export has been demonstrated to be the principal mechanism of iron accumulation in fatty liver disease.
- The mechanism for the hydrolysis of 2-bromo-2-methylpropane occurs by a unimolecular nucleophilic substitution, or SN1 reaction.
- The reaction mechanism for this chemical reaction is an SN1 reaction.
- Types of organic reactions, & Mechanism of nucleophilic substitution reaction.
- Nucleophilic substitution via the S N 1 or S N 2 mechanism does not generally occur with vinyl or aryl halides or related compounds.
- These drugs differ with respect to mechanism of action and to the degree and type of lipid lowering.
- For each of the drugs, the mechanism of action, usual dose, common side effects and recommendations for treatment are also discussed.
- Apart from the successful treatment of Parkinson's disease Arvid Carlsson's research has increased our understanding of the mechanism of several other drugs.
- DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Alfuzosin belongs to a class of drugs called alpha-blockers.
- DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Calcium is the fifth most abundant element in the body.
- DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Topiramate is an oral drug that is used to prevent the seizures of epilepsy.
- An explanation of the terms electrophile and electrophilic substitution, together with a general mechanism for this sort of reaction involving benzene.
- Nucleophilic addition to the carbon-oxygen double bond: general mechanism for the addition of strong nucleophiles and addition under acid-catalysis.
- An explanation of the terms electrophile and electrophilic addition, together with a general mechanism for this sort of reaction.
- Mechanism and synthetic applications of electrophilic aromatic substitution.
- Let's finish up today by looking at the general mechanism for the characteristic reactions of aromatic compounds -- electrophilic aromatic substitution.
- Mechanism of aldol condensation, Claisen condensation, esterification and ester hydrolysis, Cannizzaro reaction, benzoin condensation.
- Many condensation reactions follow a nucleophilic acyl substitution or an aldol condensation reaction mechanism.
- Negative feedback mechanism can effectively adjust the rate of synthesis of intermediate metabolites according to the demands of the cells.
- The second mechanism by which the body regulates protein stores is through alterations in protein synthesis and breakdown.
- Second mechanism, he mentioned is diversion of hepatic cholesterol for bile acid synthesis.
- Nature > Life > Behavior > Action
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Systems > Mechanisms
* Authentication Mechanism
* Clean Development Mechanism
* Control Mechanism
* Electrophilic Substitution Reactions
* Exact Mechanism
* Higgs Mechanism
* Important Mechanism
* Precise Mechanism
* Proposed Mechanism
* Seesaw Mechanism
* Similar Mechanism
Books about "Mechanism" in