Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Memoirs"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- His memoirs was recorded in Sirat al-Sultan Baibars (Life of Sultan Baibars), a popular Arabic romance recording his battles and achievements.
- His memoirs were recorded in Sirat al-Zahir Baibars ("Life of al-Zahir Baibars"), a popular Arabic romance recording his battles and achievements.
- In his memoirs, the Baburnama, he mentions the Koh-i-Noor by an identifiable name, and states that it belonged to an unnamed Rajah of Malwa in 1294.
- In his memoirs, the Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser records that Guevara asked him how many people had left his country because of land reform.
- Yet his memoirs are marked by countless revelations - not least his role as the writer of a crucial speech for his friend from student days - Jack Lynch.
- He claimed that the book was the memoirs of Dmitri Shostakovich, as related to himself.
- Well, add "The Memoirs of Hector Berlioz" to that short list.
- A life on the fringe : the memoirs of Eugene Forsey.
- According to his memoirs, the pianist learned Franck ’s Symphonic Variations while on a train en route to the concert, without the benefit of a piano.
- What becomes clear in the memoirs of Hatim Kanaaneh is that many Palestinians in Israel hang on to their identity.
- Certainly the most bogus "memoirs" yet published are those of Adolf Eichmann.
- All about Self and society in Medieval France; the memoirs of Abbot Guibert of Nogent (1064?-c.
- The name Mitanni or Maitani is first found in the "memoirs" of the Syrian wars (ca.
- It is one of three of his most autobiographical works (along Brighton Beach Memoirs and Biloxi Blues).
- With the orders of the Suleiman the Magnificent he dictated his memoirs to Muradi Sinan Reis.
- Secondary sources such as political memoirs give the main actors' apologia for their actions and Europe's subsequent death spiral into the Great War.
- From 1946 to 1966, while serving the sentence in Spandau Prison, he penned 1,200 manuscript pages of personal memoirs.
- She is drawn from the memoirs of stripper Gypsy Rose Lee and Gypsy 's sister, actress June Havoc.
- Mikhail Gorbachev also refers to Eurocommunism as a key influence on the ideas of glasnost and perestroika in his memoirs.
- But the facts as related in his memoirs show that the Comintern was unstinting in its assistance to India, the problem lay in more objective realities.
- Jefferson Davis was steeped in these ideas and completely mastered them, as his memoirs show.
- The diaries and memoirs of Soviet managers, cosmonauts, and engineers at the centre of the space program have been published.
- Diaries. Students explore the differences between Holocaust diaries and memoirs before creating their own diary.
- However in his his memoirs, Gjorche Petrov calls himself both Macedonian in the regional sense [ 10] and Bulgarian in ethnic sense,[ 11] i.e.
- In the spring of 2003, Wheaton founded the independent publishing company Monolith Press and released a book of his memoirs, entitled Dancing Barefoot.
- Jack London's autobiographical book of "alcoholic memoirs", John Barleycorn, was published in 1913.
- Khrushchev himself mentions the Rosenbergs in his memoirs, identifying them as spies for Russia.
- Stendhal's brief, saucy memoir, Souvenirs d'Egotisme (Memoirs of an Egotist) was published posthumously in 1892.
- Although they had a reputation for adventurousness, Bampfylde Moore Carew took this to extremes, if his picaresque memoirs are to believed.
- Da Ponte's story is less amusing than the description of a single flirtation in the truly interesting and picaresque memoirs of his friend Casanova.
- The most complete obituary notice of Oppenheimer is by H. A. Bethe in the Royal Society of London, Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society, vol.
- Brooke Shields is planning to give the other side of her marriage to retired tennis ace Andre Agassi when she writes her own memoirs.
- One of the reasons that McClellan's reputation has suffered is because of his own memoirs.
- Comment: Brighton Beach Memoirs is a play about a fourteen-year-old boy growing up in 1937.
- The Mughal Emperor Babur writes of encountering rhinoceroses along its bank in his memoirs (the Baburnama).
- Sheng, after moving to the US, later wrote memoirs of his time at the Sun Yat-sen University and with the 28 Bolsheviks.
- Dobkin is a member of the OLOC (Old Lesbians Organizing for Change) Steering Committee, and her memoirs will be published in October of 2009 by Alyson Books.
- Noted Disc Jockey John Peel recalls in his memoirs how he was able to break into American radio purely on the basis of his Merseyside accent.
- His experience in prison was the basis for his first book, Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist.
- Alexander Herzen's own brilliance and the extraordinary circumstances of his life combine to place his memoirs among the greatest works of the modern era.
- But the best material comes from the letters and memoirs of more ordinary combatants that Zamoyski has pulled together from a huge range of sources.
- McCardle left his ACT Parliamentary Office role before the 2005 election to write his memoirs.
- Ellington paid tribute to these individuals, and to many he had known and worked with throughout his career, in his memoirs, Music is My Mistress.
- The book contains his memoirs of his career both with NASA and before.
- In her memoirs, Leni Riefenstahl is a victim of violence right from the start.
- Alger Hiss was similarly circumspect in his two memoirs, In the Court of Public Opinion (1957), and Recollections of a Life (1988).
- Memoirs of Madame de Motteville on Anne of Austria and her court.
- Afterwards, Hindenburg had his memoirs entitled Mein Leben (My Life) ghost-written in 1919-20.
- Hindenburg was embarrassed by his mother’s non-aristocratic background, and for this reason hardly mentioned her at all in his memoirs.
- If the second movement of the Tenth is a "portrait of Stalin," as Solomon Volkov reports in Testimony: The Memoirs of Dmitri Shostakovich (p.
- You see, the memoirs of Eichmann are very useful in this respect.
- One of the great writers about the Holocaust, the late Primo Levi, entitled his memoirs of Auschwitz, If This Is A Man.
- Memoir Mulroney appears during an interview, speaking about his memoirs.
- This film, based on the memoirs of Dr. Gisella Perl, is an incredibly powerful, moving, soul-searing, and unforgettable experience.
- The memoirs and commentaries of this travel were later published in Abu Abdullah al-Bakri 's Book of Highways and of Kingdoms.
- He has recorded his experiences in Lou Whittaker - Memoirs of a Mountain Guide, written with Andrea Gabbard.
- It reflects interests in history, science, nature, travel, biography, memoirs and a few assorted odd topics.
- In 2001 her biography was published: Rosa Raisa, a Biography of a Diva with Selections from her Memoirs by Charles Mintzer.
- Arsenal and England stalwart Tony Adams combines two very '90s preoccupations in these memoirs: football and the confessional.
- In his memoirs he wrote that after he had acquired Kabul, (in 1514), he desired to regain the territories in Hindustan held once by Turks.
- In 1525, he described Kabul as a multi-ethnic and multi-lingual region in his memoirs titled Baburnama.
- History > Biography > Memoirs > Memoir
- Politics > Government > Empires > Babur
* Barnum Brown
* Book Memoirs
* Cordell Hull
* First Published
* Hal Blaine
* Le Gentil
* Lorenzo Da Ponte
* Polish History
* Several Books
* Short Stories
* Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
Books about "Memoirs" in