Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Midlands"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The Midlands is an area of England which broadly corresponds to the early-mediaeval Kingdom of Mercia.
- The Midlands are drier than the coast and can be very cold in winter.
- West Midlands is a constituency of the European Parliament.
- The Midlands was the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and therefore also the birthplace of Britain's canal network.
- But the midlands, the west, and the south of England, in spite of an absence of great elevation, contain no plains of such extent as might make for monotony.
- Midland Mainline services connect Luton with the Midlands and the North.
- Set in the midlands, just west of the Shannon, and close to Galway City and Connemara and the northern part of County Roscommon.
- Portlaoise is a major commercial, retail and arts centre for the midlands.
- Located in the Slieve Bloom Mountains, the town is near the midlands of Ireland.
- At one time it was the main transport route from the midlands to the south of England and it is now one of the most beautiful and popular cruising canals.
- North of the line only includes the Gokwe area of Midlands Province and the three rural Mashonaland Provinces.
- Experience a virtual tour though the northern soul heritage of this small Midlands town.
- The annual Jack Cox was held in Kilcormac on Friday 25th May and attracted a good field of athletes from around the Midlands.
- Future population growth in the county is hoped to be concentrated around Oxford, Banbury, Bicester, Didcot and Witney, near the South Midlands growth area.
- The Coventry Canal is a navigable narrow canal in the Midlands of England.
- Radio, and Smooth Radio 105.7 are some of the local radio stations that can be received in Dudley, also serving the wider West Midlands.
- The East Midlands Development Agency is based next door to the BBC on London Road in Nottingham, and now takes all funding decisions for the East Midlands.
- Northamptonshire is an inland county in the East Midlands region.[ 2] It contains the watershed between the Severn and The Wash.
- They are part of the East Midlands region.
- Prior to the construction of the M6 motorway it was the main route from the Midlands to Ipswich and to the Haven ports.
- Midlands Getaways Offer a selection of superb bed & breakfast and self-catering accommodation in the heart of the Kwazulu Natal Midlands.
- Such incidents start legends, and stories of great pike are often associated with very large waters such as Lough Ree or Lough Derg in the midlands.
- Law enforcement in Dudley is carried out by the West Midlands Police and fire and rescue by the West Midlands Fire Service.
- These became part of the West Midlands metropolitan county following local government re-organisation in 1974.
- The County Boroughs of Dudley and Warley along with Stourbridge and Halesowen were incorporated into the new West Midlands Metropolitan county.
- Having lost much of the West Midlands to Mercia in the 6th and early 7th century, a resurgent late 7th century Powys checked Mercian advancement.
- It used to be part of Stagecoach South Midlands along with Stagecoach in Warwickshire until March 2004.
- The Warwickshire ring is a connected series of canals forming a circuit around the West Midlands area of England.
- The Warwickshire ring is a connected series of canal s forming a circuit around the West Midlands area of England.
- The tale was set in "the South Midlands," and the fictional Raveloe was based on the Warwickshire village of Bulkington.
- The Warwickshire Ring in the South Midlands looked attractive and could be circled in two weeks according to the catalog.
- Operated by Midland Mainline between 1996 and 2007, it has now passed to East Midlands Trains.
- Tamworth grew rapidly in the postwar years as it soaked up overspill from the West Midlands conurbation to the southwest.
- After the chance to watch the sunrise over the Great Zimbabwe Ruins we travel to Antelope Park, just outside Gweru in the Zimbabwe midlands.
- Antelope Park, 10km from Gweru town centre, in the heart of the Zimbabwe Midlands.
- During your spare time, you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of activities and explore the stunning area of the Zimbabwe Midlands.
- We are a canal based company covering the Midlands region.
- Travel through the Natal Midlands to the central Drakensberg.
- Birmingham is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands county of England.
- The city of Coventry is also located within the West Midlands county, but is separated from the conurbation to the west by several miles of green belt.
- Since 1974, Dudley has been part of the West Midlands county.
- Find homes for sale in Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton and right across the West Midlands region with HomesMidlands.com.
- Warwickshire is a landlocked non-metropolitan county in the West Midlands region of England.
- The intention was ethnic cleansing in Matabeleland and the Midlands.
- A commission of inquiry was set up by the government to investigate the events in Matabeleland and Midlands.
- By 1790 the newly-completed Oxford Canal was trading with Eynsham Wharf, primarily to sell coal from the Midlands.
- Redrow Homes (South Midlands), based in Northampton, has delivered a meaningful contribution to profitability in its first full year of trading.
- The canal was once an important artery of trade between the English Midlands and London, but is now highly popular among pleasure boaters.
- Various part of the Midlands (particularly Warwickshire) are somewhat poetically referred to as the Heart of England, especially in tourist literature.
- South Wales has always been a popular holiday destination for the industrial Midlands, at the heart of which is Birmingham.
- Nestled in the heart of the Natal Midlands lies the Protea Hotel Hilton.
- During the 1890s Elgar gradually built up a reputation as a composer, chiefly of works for the great choral festivals of the Midlands.
- During the 1890s, Elgar gradually built up a reputation as a composer, chiefly of works for the great choral festivals of the English Midlands.
- Birmingham is located in the centre of the West Midlands region of England.
- The County of West Midlands is a metropolitan county in western central England with a population of around 2,600,000 people.
- The site is called 'midlandrover' because we we live in the Midlands, which is our base and travel around in a Land rover Discovery - which is pictured here.
- The Birmingham to Peterborough Line is an important railway line in the United Kingdom, linking the Midlands to East Anglia.
- The Warwickshire ring is a connected series of canals forming a circuit around the West Midlands area of the United Kingdom.
- Shropshire (abbreviated Salop or Shrops) is an English county in the West Midlands region of the United Kingdom.
- Clara and Moate are north of Portarlington, in the Midlands.
- List of places in the West Midlands - This is a list of cities, towns and villages in the ceremonial county of West Midlands, England.
- Maidenhead Mainline Rail Station provides services to the southwest, the Midlands and London with a journey time of 21 minutes to Paddington.
- The Athlone School of Music opened in October 2005, and is a grant aided project aimed at developing music education and services in the Midlands region.
- Through services from the Midlands ceased in 1930, while services to Neath ended in October, 1962.
- Our main base at Rugby Wharf and our historic sister base at Hilmorton Locks, are ideally suited to cruise the Shire counties across the English Midlands.
- For its course through the East Midlands this cruise is surprisingly scenic.
- The M40 also provides local residents great access to both the Midlands and the southeast.
- They saw substantial growth in the Midlands and Southeast of England, and especially in the counties along the southern coast.
- It has affected users from N. Ireland, Wales and the midlands down to Bristol.
- At this time the Severn was the busiest English river carrying goods from Bristol up to the Midlands.
- A much more direct route between London and the Midlands, the Grand Junction Canal, was completed in 1805.
- In addition to Eurostar, the station is also served by East Midlands Trains and will shortly be served by First Capital Connect and SouthEastern.
- World > Countries > United Kingdom > England
- Settlements > Cities > Capitals > London
- Countries > United Kingdom > England > Coventry
- Culture > Architecture > Construction > Canal
- Countries > United Kingdom > England > Birmingham
* Birmingham Canal Navigations
* Black Country
* Central Region
* County Tipperary
* County Town
* East Midlands
* English Midlands
* Northern England
* North Wales
* North West
* Oxford Canal
* River Cherwell
* River Thames
* South East
* South Oxford Canal
* South Wales
* Western Part
* West London
* West Midlands
Books about "Midlands" in