Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Moral Theories"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Moral theories are concerned with right and wrong behavior.
- APPLYING MORAL THEORIES is a unique introduction to the application of major ethical theories to practical concerns.
- Moral theories in teaching applied ethics.
- The philosophical and moral theories presented in this section are grounded fully in the work of Ayn Rand.
- A "Quick Guide to Moral Theories" appendix, an extensive glossary of key terms, and suggested further readings after each chapter further enhance the text.
- Shades of Goodness is aimed at readers interested in moral theories, and particularly those wishing to construct or defend a moral theory.
- In a more extreme tenor, William Gass argues that moral theories such as consequentialism are unable to adequately explain what is wrong with a wrong action.
- William Gass argues that moral theories such as consequentialism are unable to adequately explain why a morally wrong action is morally wrong.
- Deontology refers to a general category of ethical or moral theories that define right action in terms of duties and moral rules.
- Some moral theories try to eliminate the influence of luck on morality (primarily deontology).
- Virtues > Virtue > Virtue Ethics > Deontology
- Science > Theories > Utilitarianism > Consequentialism
- Moral Theory
- Right Action
- Morally Wrong
Books about "Moral Theories" in