Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Motown Sound"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Listen, the Motown sound to me is not an audible sound.
- James Jamerson, the legendary Motown bassist, is an excellent example; the Motown sound would not have been possible without the electric bass.
- King's approach influenced countless smooth soul singers in his wake and his records were key forerunners of the Motown sound.
- The Motown sound often includes hand clapping, a powerful bass line, violins and bells.
- Dominated by Berry Gordy 's Motown empire and often referred to as the " Motown Sound ", Detroit soul is strongly rhythmic and influenced by gospel.
- In the UK, the Motown Sound was the basis of the "Northern Soul" phenomenon.
- The Four Tops are an American musical group, who helped define the Motown sound of the 1960's.
- Music by Motown artists such as Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight and Marvin Gaye did much to popularise what became known as the Motown sound.
- Marvin Gaye was a product of "Motown" and scored a number of hits typical of the pre-formulated "Motown Sound" of the early to mid-sixties.
- Smokey Robinson said the Motown Sound had little to do with Detroit: People would listen to it, and they'd say, 'Aha, they use more bass.
- Smokey Robinson is one of the architects of the "Motown sound" and his voice and songs established the label's profound impact on culture across the globe.
- The company specialized in a type of soul music it referred to with the trademark "The Motown Sound".
- Marvin Gaye made an amazing contribution to soul music in general and the Motown sound in particular.
- His bass playing was considered an integral part of the " Motown Sound ".
- Gordy turned to a song writer by the name of Rick James to update the Motown sound.
- Norman Whitfield was one of the architects of the Motown sound, from its early peak as a national label through its waning days of major chart success.
- Bass Playing
- Motown > Smokey Robinson
- Waning Days
- Four Tops
- Culture > Arts > Music > Soul Music
Books about "Motown Sound" in