Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Musician"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A musician is a person who plays or composes music.
- The musician is Tomoyasu Hotei, a Japanese musician, guitarist and actor.
- If a musician is a significant stylistic and cultural influence in jazz history, then he or she is part of The Jazz Tradition.
- A jazz musician is a juggler who uses harmonies instead of oranges.
- One such musician was Guy Lombardo, who would remain friends with Martin throughout his life.
- Johann Nikolaus Forkel (February 22, 1749 – March 20, 1818), was a German musician, musicologist and music theorist.
- Gary Numan (born Gary Anthony James Webb on March 8, 1958) is an English singer, composer, musician, electropop pioneer and pilot.
- Maury Deutsch (born 1918 in New York City) is a musician who has played the trumpet from an early age.
- An accomplished musician both on trumpet and piano, John Brunious served as the bandleader for The Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
- At the age of five he started studying the trumpet with his father, a professional musician.
- Don Thompson (January 18, 1940 -) is a Canadian jazz musician who plays bass, piano, drums, and vibes, and is a master at each.
- I have been an amateur musician for thirty years, playing guitar, bass, piano and drums.
- She later became active again as a session musician, live jazz performer and teacher of both bass and guitar, giving seminars and interviews.
- Throughout his career, he was known as a painter, photographer, musician, film-maker, and poet.
- Anchee Min (閔安琪; Mín Ānqí; born January 14, 1957) is a painter, photographer, musician, and author who lives in San Francisco and Shanghai.
- A musician, painter, film-maker and poet, in the 1990s he was a member of the bands Lexington Blues, Swamp Ash, and Wardenclyffe.
- His instruction in music began at the age of six with his father, himself a musician.
- His father was an Austrian-born violinist who played in the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and his mother was a pianist and musician.
- His father and mother were both gospel singers so it was natural for Ed to be a singer and musician.
- Scatman Crothers - original name: Benjamin Crothers - (May 23, 1910 - November 22, 1986) He was an actor, singer, dancer and musician.
- Australian model, dancer, writer, musician, and actress.
- Shannon Marie Kahoolani Sossamon (born October 3, 1978) is an American actress, musician, dancer, DJ, and former model.
- Sylvia Robinson (born Sylvia Vanderpool, March 6, 1936, New York) is a singer, musician and producer, and record label executive.
- A frequent recitalist and chamber musician in New York and the Midwest, he is the author of a book on the piano music of Albert Roussel.
- After touring for two years with the Three Suns trio, he returned to New York to work in recording studios and as a freelance musician.
- Ezra Weston Loomis Pound (October 30 1885 – November 1 1972) was an American expatriate, poet, musician, and critic who, along with T. S.
- Andreas Werckmeister (November 30, 1645 – October 26, 1706) was a musician and music theorist of the Baroque era.
- Donald Matthew Redman (July 29, 1900 - November 30, 1964) was a jazz musician, arranger, and composer.
- Laura Huxley (née Archera) (November 2, 1911 – December 13, 2007) was a musician, author, psychological counselor and lecturer.
- Franz Xaver Scharwenka (January 6, 1850 - December 8, 1924) was a Polish - German musician who was a noted pianist, composer, music educator and organizer.
- Patti Smith (born December 30, 1946) is an American musician, singer, and poet.
- Robert Palmer (born 1945), a journalist, author of books about music and a musician, was born in the city.
- AUTHOR BIO: Daniel Ichbiah is a writer, journalist, and musician.
- AMELIA ROSSELLI (1930-1996) was a musician, music theorist, journalist, and poet.
- Isaac Hayes (born August 20, 1942 in Covington, Tennessee) is an influential American soul singer, songwriter, musician and arranger.
- This entry was posted on August 6, 2009 at 6:10 am and is filed under Composer, Jazz, Musician.
- Charlie Peacock (born Charles William Ashworth, August 10, 1956) is an American singer-songwriter, pianist, record producer, session musician, and author.
- His Majesty, the King Bhumibol Adulyadej is an accomplished musician who performs on the saxophone, piano, clarinet, guitar and violin.
- But if you want me to give a definition to what I do, I wouldn't say I'm a pianist - I'm a musician, and the piano happens to be my instrument.
- Sammy Cahn (June 18, 1913 - January 15, 1993) was a songwriter and musician, playing the piano and violin.
- Yaya Diallo has acquired a reputation as a musician, composer, dancer, healer, teacher, lecturer, storyteller and author.
- There is no doubt whatsoever that he was widely respected as a composer, musician, teacher, organist, and specialist in organ construction.
- Richard Holden (born Braintree, Massachusetts) is a dancer, choreographer, choreologist, teacher, musician and writer.
- Melody Gardot (born February 2, 1985 in New Jersey) is an American jazz singer, writer and musician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Oliver Taylor Hawkins (born on February 16, 1972 in Fort Worth, Texas) is an American musician, best known as the drummer of the rock band Foo Fighters.
- Terry Melcher (February 8, 1942 – November 19, 2004) was an American musician and record producer.
- Benjamin Biolay (born January 20, 1973) is a French singer, songwriter, musician and record producer.
- Jimmy Boyd (born January 9, 1939) is an American singer, musician, and actor.
- Johnny Yong Bosch (born January 6, 1976) is an American actor, voice actor, martial artist, and musician.
- A performing musician for 20 years, I have traveled extensively in Jamaica and England as well as the USA, always with an eye and an ear for music.
- Money problems forced Stravinsky to curtail his composing time by working more often as a performing musician and conductor.
- Nancy Thorwardson has been a performing musician for many years, playing and singing western, swing, honky-tonk folk, bluegrass, old timey, and Cajun musics.
- Alice Cooper (born Vincent Damon Furnier; February 4, 1948) is an American rock singer, songwriter and musician whose career spans five decades.
- Read, Otis - Musician and performer, whose career has touched rock, blues, folk, American traditional, jazz and classical music.
- Jamie King (Jamie Foxx) is an aspiring musician from Terrell, Texas who has come to Los Angeles to pursue a career in music.
- Randy Jackson, musician, record producer, and American Idol judge (b.
- For the former member of The Jacksons, see Randy Jackson (musician).
- Randy Jackson is an American rock musician from New Orleans, Louisiana, best known for his role as frontman for the band Zebra.
- A bass player (bassist) is a musician who plays a double bass or bass guitar.
- A bassist is a musician who plays a double bass or electric bass (also referred to as bass guitar).
- Donna Dresch is an American musician, perhaps best known as founder, guitarist and bassist of Team Dresch.
- Ben Kenney, (born on March 12, 1977), is a musician from the United States, and the bassist for the band Incubus.
- Ben Kenney is the bass player for Incubus and musician for many other side projects.
- Ben Kenney, (born on March 16, 1977), is an American musician, and the bassist for the rock band Incubus.
- Don Paterson is a poet, editor, and musician.
- Don Paterson, Scottish poet, writer and musician, was born in Dundee, Scotland, in 1963.
- Don Paterson is a poet and musician living in Kirriemuir, Scotland.
- As a musician, songwriter, arranger, and producer, Allen Toussaint has been a key figure in New Orleans music since the 1960s.
- John Paul Jones (born John Baldwin on January 3, 1946) is an English musician, composer, arranger, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist musician.
- Richard Tee (born Richard Ten Ryk in Brooklyn, November 24, 1943, died July 21, 1993) was a pianist, studio musician, singer and arranger.
- Also a musician, since the 1970s, Mr. Hardy has played guitar in rock & roll, rhythm & blues, and honky-tonk bands in the Washington, DC, area.
- The first name of each musician is written in blue ink on the image: Slim (bass); Floyd (fiddle); Curly (banjo); Paul (guitar); Faye (accordion).
- She & Him is an American indie rock band consisting of actress Zooey Deschanel (vocals, piano, banjo) and musician M. Ward (guitar, production).
- Albert Collins, blues guitarist, singer and musician was born on October 1, 1932 in Leona, Texas.
- Albert Collins (October 1, 1932 – November 24, 1993) was a blues guitarist, singer and musician.
- Jon Faddis is a complete and consummate musician -- conductor, composer, and educator.
- Robert Mann (born July 19, 1920) is a musician, composer, and conductor.
- LYNN HARRELL by TIM JANOF Lynn Harrell is known throughout the world as a cellist, chamber musician, recitalist, conductor, teacher, and recording artist.
- A flautist is a musician who plays an instrument in the flute family.
- Mike Batt is a British songwriter, musician and producer.
- Richard Stilgoe is a British songwriter, lyricist and musician.
- Al Stewart (born September 5, 1945) is a British songwriter and musician.
- Lester Bangs (born Leslie Conway Bangs, December 14, 1948 – April 30, 1982) was an American music journalist, author and musician.
- Dale Wood (February 13, 1934 - April 13, 2003) was a musician and composer best known for his church music compositions.
- Louis Shelton, also known as Louie Shelton, is an American musician (guitarist) and music producer, born in Little Rock, Arkansas, April 6, 1941.
- Julian Lennon (born April 8, 1963) is a British singer, songwriter, musician, and the first son of famous Beatles member, John Lennon.
- Sir James Paul McCartney, MBE (born June 18, 1942) is a British singer, musician and songwriter, who first came to prominence as a member of The Beatles.
- Richard Clare "Rick" Danko (December 29, 1942 – December 10, 1999 ) was a Canadian musician and singer, best known as a member of The Band.
- Don Pyle is a Canadian musician, who has been a member of a number of bands.
- Alan Fitzgerald, U.S. musician (both a bassist and a keyboardist), was a member of several U.S. bands.
- Jonathan Jones (journalist) Jonathan Jones (musician) is the lead vocalist and keyboardist of Waking Ashland.
- Lee Ferrell is a musician (keyboardist and saxophonist) for the band The Righteous Brothers, which he joined in 1967.
- Tim Simenon (born 21 June 1967, Brixton, London) is a musician, composer, record producer, and label boss, most famous for his work as Bomb the Bass.
- Daron Murphy is a musician, best well known for his work as a guitarist with electronica icon Moby.
- The musician told ClashMusic that he always wanted to write music for the group rather than just work on the drums.
- He traded the lyre to Apollo, who then gave it to his son, Orpheus, a great poet and musician.
- He was a great poet, musician, social reformer and statesman.
- John Denver was a great poet and songwriter as well as a great musician.
- Adam Richard Sandler (born September 9, 1966) is an American actor, comedian, musician, screenwriter and film producer.
- William "Billy" Connolly, CBE, D.Litt (born 24 November, 1942) is a comedian, musician, presenter, and actor.
- Before becoming a musician, Brian Cole had worked as an actor and a comedian.
- Garrison Keillor (born Gary Edward Keillor on August 7, 1942) is an American author, humorist, columnist, musician, satirist, and radio personality.
- This week's jurors are Alan Park (comedian), Dave Derewlany (comedian), Esthero (musician and songwriter), Jemeni (radio personality), Ron Sparks (comedian).
- Chas Smith (AKA Charles Vincent Smith) (1957 - 2007) was an author, musician, radio personality, and a Cleveland State University music professor.
- Kate Bush - Singer and musician, her parents lived in an imposing house on Court Road, Eltham in the 1980s.
- Peter Brian Gabriel is an English singer, musician and songwriter who rose to fame as the lead vocalist and flautist of the progressive rock group Genesis.
- Bryan Ferry is an English singer, musician, songwriter and actor.
- Richard Paul Astley (born February 6, 1966) is an English singer, songwriter and musician.
- Apart from recording, she starts working intensively in jazz, educating herself as a vocalist and a musician, and performing with various bands.
- He then returned to Los Angeles where he worked as a studio musician until the 1980s, working and recording under all the well-known leaders in the city.
- Richard Thompson is a British songwriter, guitar player and recording and performing musician.
- John Mellencamp, musician, singer, recording artist, songwriter, painter.
- Jack Schaeffer (born March 19, 1946 in Los Angeles, California) American musician, recording artist, producer and arranger.
- Colin Carr has appeared throughout the world as soloist, chamber musician, recording artist and teacher.
- Colton Ford is the stage name of Glenn Soukesian, a former gay porn star who changed careers and has become a musician and actor.
- Stuart Daniel Baker, better known by his stage name, Unknown Hinson, is a musician, songwriter, and voice actor on the Adult Swim cartoon, Squidbillies.
- Cee-Lo Green is the stage name of Thomas DeCarlo Callaway (born May 30, 1974), an American hip hop, funk, soul, and R&B musician.
- Bill Bottrell is an American record producer, songwriter and musician, probably best known for his Grammy Award -winning collaboration with Sheryl Crow.
- Gilflo - Gilde Flores, better known as gilflo, is an American record producer, composer and musician.
- Meco - Meco is an American record producer and musician, as well as the name of a band or production team based around him.
- Eric Clapton is such a musician, and some of the songs on the playlist of his "Unplugged" album are such pieces of music.
- Lance, J. W. - Vocalists, musician, and songwriter with songs about society and children.
- Songs of a Circling Spirit is an album by Canadian musician Tom Cochrane released in 1997 (see 1997 in music).
- John Anderson (musician) (b.1954), a country musician.
- Glen Campbell, a country musician who is most famous for his songs "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Wichita Lineman".
- Gregg Henry (born May 6, 1952 in Lakewood, Colorado) is an American theater and film character actor and rock, blues, and country musician.
- Heather Bishop is a song writer, musician, singer, and pioneer in the field of trades training for women.
- PJ Harvey is a powerful singer, song writer and musician.
- Determined to excel as a musician and song writer, he added the guitar to his talents, chiseling his craft as a self-taught musician.
- During the Fifties, Hefti didn't get as much respect as a musician and band leader as he did as composer and arranger.
- Alton Glenn Miller (March 1, 1904– presumably December 15, 1944), was an American jazz musician, arranger, composer, and band leader in the swing era.
- Alton Glenn Miller (March 1, 1904 – December 15, 1944) was an American jazz musician and band leader in the Swing era.
- Along with his work as a filmmaker and visual artist he is active as a musician in the ensemble Farabi, where he plays ney, tanbur and dutar.
- Toby Goodshank is a musician and visual artist based out of New York City.
- Kurt Swinghammer is a visual artist and musician from Toronto.
- Arts > Music > Composers > Songwriter
- Music > Musicians > Musician > Singer
- Arts > Music > Composers > Composer
- Culture > Arts > Music > Jazz
* American Musician
* American Singer
* American Singer-Songwriter
* American Songwriter
* British Musician
* Heroin Overdose
* Japanese Musician
* Jaron Lanier
* Jazz Musician
* Movie Actor
* Music Producer
* Performance Artist
* Recording Engineer
* Record Producer
* Rock Musician
* Roll Musician
* York City
Books about "Musician" in