Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Narmada River"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The Narmada River is the only river in India that flows in a rift valley and is a traditional divider between North India and South India.
- The Narmada River is also worshipped as mother goddess by Narmadeeya Brahmins.Reva is another name of Narmada River.
- The Narmada river is not only used for irrigation, but for navigation.
- The Narmada River is considered the mother and giver of peace.
- The Narmada river is considered extremely holy by Hindus.
- Jabalpur is surrounded by marble rocks called Bhera-Ghat, along the Narmada River.
- The district lies in the Narmada River valley, and the Narmada forms the northern boundary of the district, Hoshangabad District is part of Bhopal division.
- For the next six years, Param Poojya Gurudev did intense penance, first in the Himalayas and then on the banks of the Narmada river in Western India.
- Narmadeshwar Shiva Lingams are found only in one place on the entire planet, the Narmada River.
- This Omkar island, located in Narmada river is a holy place having one of the twelve famous Lingam (the symbol of Lord Shiva) of Hindu God, Lord Shiva.
- It is one of three rivers, with the Narmada River and the Mahi River that run from east to west.
- The Narmada in Hinduism The Narmada River is one of the most important sacred rivers, believed to have descended from the sky by the order of Lord Shiva.
- Internally, large dam projects, such as one on the Narmada River, are also controversial.Rivers in India page.
- Khan started the Malwa Sultanate and established a capital at Mandu, high in the Vindhya Range overlooking the Narmada River valley.
- Their capital was Mahismati situated in the Narmada river valley.
- It is located on the south bank of the Narmada River, and is the administrative center of Hoshangabad District.
- MP and Maharashtra were opposing Gujarat move to build a high dam on Narmada River.
- She ruled from a palace-fort at Maheshwar, south of Indore on the Narmada River.
- Nimar (Nemar): the western portion of the Narmada River valley, lying south of the Vindhyas in the southwest portion of the state.
- Close to Mandu is Maheshwar, a town on the northern bank of Narmada River that served as the capital of the Indore state under Rajmata Ahilya Devi Holkar.
- The Khaljis conquered Gujarat and Malwa, and sent the first expeditions south of the Narmada River, as far south as Tamil Nadu.
- Then he moved to central India and occupied the region north of Narmada river.
- The Tawa River is a tributary of the Narmada River of central India.
- Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh is an island in the Narmada river, home to a Jyotirlinga shrine and the Amareshwar temple.
- Bargi Dam is one of the first completed Dam out of the chain of 30 major dams to be constructed on Narmada River in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Haiheya was a central Indian kingdom in Madhya Pradesh of India, on the banks of Narmada river.
- India, south of the Vindhya mountains and the Narmada river, was known as the Deccan.
- By the end of Akbar's reign, the Mughal Empire extended throughout north India and south of the Narmada river.
- Then Tarabai heroically led the Marathas against the Mughals; by 1705, they had crossed the Narmada River and entered Malwa, then in Mughal possession.
- By 612 he had built up a vast army with which he conquered nearly all North India up to the Narmada river.
- Three Rivers
- North India
- Vast Army
- World > Countries > States > Madhya Pradesh
- Shimla Tour > India > Central India
Books about "Narmada River" in