Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Nhl Record"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- He currently holds the NHL record for most combined regular season and playoff shutouts.
- The 19 road victories they notched in their first year was an NHL record for expansion teams.
- In his first year as the starting goaltender, 2002–03, Turco's goals-against average of 1.72 set a modern NHL record.
- In their first season, the Capitals would set an NHL record for futility, losing 67 of 80 games, and only winning one on the road.
- The Red Wings set an NHL record by winning all eight postseason games, including a four-game sweep over Toronto in the first round.
- Shares the league lead with two shorthanded goals, one shy of tying the NHL record for one playoff year.
- Brodeur set the NHL record for career wins by a goaltender last year, breaking another mark previously set by Roy.
- Facing the Dallas Stars in the opening round, he almost set an NHL record for most saves in a playoff game in his post-season debut.
- It took an NHL record 10 overtime wins but the Montreal Canadiens prevailed winning their 24th Stanley Cup.
- The 1993 team set an NHL record with 10 consecutive overtime victories in one playoff year and is the most recent Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup.
- Andreychuk went 22 years without ever winning the Stanley Cup, tying an NHL record with Ray Bourque.
- Leino added two assists in the game and tied Dino Ciccarelli (Minnesota-1981) for the NHL record for playoff points by a rookie with 21.
- He went on to set the modern NHL record with a goal in each of his first six games.
- In his last game against his hometown Montreal, Lemieux tied an NHL record for most goals in a period, with four goals in the third.
- Hull's abilities continued to shine in 1960-61 when he scored 50 goals, equaling the NHL record for most goals in a season.
- The Oilers scored 44 goals against the Black Hawks, an NHL record for one team in a single playoff series that still stands.
- His seven seasons with 40 or more wins are an NHL record, and his 2.20 career goals-against average is the lowest in the NHL's modern era.
- On April 27, Brad Richards tied the NHL record for most points in one playoff period, with four points (one goal, three assists) in the third period.
- That season, Gretzky shattered the NHL record books with points in a season with 212 (92 goals and 120 assists).
- Thus players like Gretzky, and especially Bobby Hull, have more points and games played than are indicated in NHL record books.
- The Senators hold the NHL record for least road wins (1) for their record that season.
- Even Terry Sawchuk, who has the NHL record for most shutouts (105), only recorded one every 9.43 games.
- Stanley Cups: A rather obscene five, including four in a row that set a new NHL record.
- His brother Henri "The Pocket Rocket" Richard joined him with the Canadiens in 1955 and would go on to win 11 Stanley Cups with the team, an NHL record.
- Detroit defenseman Chris Chelios, 46, played in his 248th playoff game, breaking the NHL record set by goaltender Patrick Roy.
- When he played in his 248th playoff game in the first round, Chelios broke the NHL record set by Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy.
- His 14 shutouts led the league, and were one off from the NHL record set by Ottawa's Alex Connell one season prior.
- The Montreal Canadiens hold the record for being the oldest established hockey team in the NHL and won 24 Stanley Cup Championships (also a NHL record).
- Brodeur made 35 saves to break the coveted shutout record only two games after setting the NHL record for regular-season appearances by a goaltender.
- They threw themselves at every Penguins shot and played as if the Stanley Cup was being decided, all to make sure Brodeur reached the NHL record book again.
- Schultz is renowned as one of hockey's greatest enforcers and holds the NHL record for most penalty minutes in a single season, at 472.
- Reggie Leach opens the scoring of the 1976 Finals with an awesome goal and in the process sets a new NHL record with his 16th goal of the playoffs.
- Orr set an NHL record for assists in the playoffs with 19 and for points in the playoffs by a defenseman with 24.
- His record for that playoffs of two points per game went untouched until Wayne Gretzky took over the NHL record book in the 1980s.
- He set an NHL record that year for most games played in a playoff year by a goalie and would go on to win the Conn Smythe trophy as the playoff MVP.
- In 1974–75, Schultz topped his mark from the previous season by setting an NHL record for penalty minutes (472 in all).
- Their points total for the season was one point better than the NHL record for least points in a season ever.
- The 1992–93 Penguins under Bowman set the NHL record for consecutive wins in the regular season with 17.
- On March 5, 2004, the Flyers set an NHL record in a game against Ottawa where they set a combined record of 419 penalty minutes in a single game.
- Game Two saw the Oilers establish a new NHL record for playoff goals in a single game with 13.
- Randy Holt holds the NHL record for the most penalty minutes assessed to a player in a single game, with 67.
- He would set an NHL record for most shots faced in a season, 2,238, later broken by Roberto Luongo during his stint with the Florida Panthers.
- In this vein, on February 7, 1976 he set the NHL record for most points scored in one game when he recorded ten points against the Boston Bruins.
- In 1930 he set an NHL record that still stands, going 270 minutes and 8 seconds without allowing a goal during the playoffs for the Canadiens.
- Single Game
- Florida Panthers > Roberto Luongo
- Florida Panthers
- Conn Smythe Trophy
Books about "Nhl Record" in