Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Northern Soul"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A Northern Soul is a well-rounded, epic listen, one that anyone who has ever been plagued by angst can relate to, and even learn from.
- Northern Soul - A site specialising in the genre and the scene.
- Northern soul is a style of music with associated dance styles and fashions that developed in the north of England in the late 1960s.
- Northern Soul is the music and the name of an english subculture.
- Northern Soul is a genre from the 1960s, although the term originated in the 1970s.
- Early Northern Soul fashion included bowling shirts, button-down collar shirts, blazers with centre vents and unusual numbers of buttons, and baggy trousers.
- Northern Soul is amongst the most expensive of all musical genres to collect and the movement has set new heights in the resale market of obscure vinyl.
- The phrase 'Northern Soul' was coined by journalist Dave Godin sometime around 1971 when writing his column in Blues and Soul magazine.
- Northern soul site containing Real Audio, scans of badges and labels, radio schedules and UK fanzines.
- Internet radio station specialising in Northern Soul and Motown.
- The power and reach of the Internet has had a profound influence on the Northern Soul scene of today.
- Real Audio files, images and a written history of Northern Soul.
- For many devotees, Northern Soul is a religion.
- A large proportion of Northern Soul's original audience came from the mod movement, with their love of soul music.
- Northern Soul Music - A history of the genre featuring Tamla Motown and other 60's and 70's artists.
- Nevertheless, "Northern Soul," holds its own as part of the extraordinary Verve trilogy of albums.
- Trying to define Northern soul is a tricky business.
- In conclusion, the Northern Soul phenomenon provides us with a useful case study in the curiosities of the music business.
- Experience a virtual tour though the northern soul heritage of this small Midlands town.
- Northern Soul Music - Audio site focussing on the 30 year-old soul scene that originated in the north of England and now has a worldwide following.
- Yet still the Northern Soul scene lives on.
- One important Northern Soul DJ, 'Frank' (aka Ian Dewhirst), clearly sees this style of music as an early precursor of House Music.
- Specialist record companies now service tangible demand for recorded Northern Soul product.
- Likewise, some of the DJs from the seminal Northern Soul clubs have been servicing demand for reunion events.
- Instead of relying on word of mouth for coming events, a mass of information is now available on Northern Soul.
- THE LEGACY of Northern Soul in the UK music scene has been made manifest in many forms.
- These records were dubbed Northern soul because of the clubs.
- Thus a strong market still remains for original Northern Soul records.
- I suspect that it will become an invaluable addition to the library of all Northern Soul Vinyl collectors.
- Even today it would be considered almost blasphemous for a Northern Soul DJ at any venue to play a CD or a 'pressing' - i.e.
- Indeed, even today, the legacy of classic clubs like the Wigan Casino and the Blackpool Mecca lives on in new Northern Soul havens.
- Some became what would eventually be known as skinheads, and others formed the basis of the Northern Soul scene.
- However, in terms of structure, the Northern Soul scene was never manufactured, defined or regulated.
- But the truth is far greater, the Northern Soul scene owes a lot to pressings .
- A Northern Soul is in many ways, even better than Urban Hymns.
- In the early days of the scene Northern Soul was very much a part of the youth culture of the day, a youth movement in many ways.
- Northern Soul Night Shift - History and reminscences plus updates on the scene in Melbourne, Australia.
- JahSonic: Northern Soul An academic history of the phrase's, and hence the scene's, origin.
- Many northern soul artists attempted stardom without all of the necessary ingredients in place.
- The collecting of Northern Soul records is a very expensive hobby, as the above evidence demonstrates.
- Most Northern soul artists were having a go at stardom without all of the necessary ingredients being in place.
- A site specialising in the genre and the scene (Northern Soul ) Contains news, events, views and reviews.
- And I assumed there was a link between Northern Soul & Two-Tone because the latter came out of Coventry, which is described as north of London.
- THE TERM 'Northern Soul' is derived from the activities of travelling football supporters from the north of England.
- Society > Culture > Arts > Music
- Society > Culture > Arts > Genres
- Glossaries > Glossary of Musical Genres /
Books about "Northern Soul" in