Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Nuneaton"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Nuneaton is the largest town in the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth and in the English county of Warwickshire.
- Nuneaton is a town in the Nuneaton and Bedworth borough of northern Warwickshire in central England.
- Nuneaton is currently covered by 11 of the borough's 17 electoral wards (see table below).
- Nuneaton was listed in the Domesday Book as a small hamlet.[ 3] A market was established in 1233 (and is still held today).
- Nuneaton is also the birthplace of film director Ken Loach, and the former "standards and morality" campaigner Mary Whitehouse.
- Located in a former coal-mining region, it is a residential and industrial town in the district of Nuneaton and Bedworth.
- The county town is Warwick, although the largest town is Nuneaton in the far north of the county.
- It is situated between Coventry, 9 km (5.5 miles) to the south and Nuneaton, 5 km (3 miles) to the north.
- Detailed plans of Birmingham, Coventry and Nuneaton at 1:15,000 showing streets, shopping areas, waterway facilities and places of interest.
- In early 1820 the family moved to a house named Griff, part way between Nuneaton and Coventry.
- The Coventry to Nuneaton Line is a short branch line linking Coventry and Nuneaton in the West Midlands of England.
- The county has also produced other literary figures such as George Eliot (from Nuneaton), Rupert Brooke (from Rugby), and Michael Drayton from Hartshill.
- This section has stations at Nuneaton, Atherstone, and Polesworth (North bound services only).
- Towns like Nuneaton, Bedworth, and Rugby also became industrialised.
- Of the northern and eastern towns, only Nuneaton and Rugby (as the birthplace of rugby football) are well-known outside of Warwickshire.
- Bedworth is a market town in the Nuneaton and Bedworth district of Warwickshire, England.
- It was not, however, until 1794 that William Jessop and Robert Whitworth proposed a canal from the Coventry Canal near Nuneaton.
- Valley Cruises A small family operated business based at Nuneaton on the Coventry Canal.
- It runs through or past the towns of Bedworth, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Polesworth and Tamworth.
- Runs through the north of Warwickshire, and serves Rugby, Nuneaton, and Bedworth on its way to Birmingham.
- The Coventry Canal that flows from Coventry and passes Bedworth, Nuneaton, Atherstone and Polesworth and then further to Tamworth.
- The market towns of northern and eastern Warwickshire were industrialised in the 19th century, and include Atherstone, Bedworth, Nuneaton, and Rugby.
- United Kingdom > England > Coventry > Coventry Canal
- Countries > United Kingdom > England > Warwickshire
Books about "Nuneaton" in