Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Optimality Theory"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Optimality Theory is a general model of how grammars are structured.
- Optimality theory is a well-established research paradigm that originated from phonology, but soon spread to other branches of linguistics.
- Optimality Theory (OT) is a linguistic model originally proposed by the linguists Alan Prince and Paul Smolensky in 1993.
- Optimality Theory is a theory of the economy of constraint violation.
- Optimality Theory (OT) is a wide-employed theoretical framework used in contemporary linguistics.
- I couldn't find good papers which deal with the features on the basis of optimality theory.
- This article surveys the motivations for Optimality Theory, its core principles, and the basics of analysis.
- Others working in Optimality Theory state generalizations in terms of violable constraints, which is a greater departure from generativist linguistics.
- This model is a variant of Optimality Theory, and explains gradience in terms of the competition of ranked, violable linguistic constraints.
- Many linguists believe that this is a falsifiable prediction, in the sense of Karl Popper and that Optimality Theory is thus a scientific theory.
- Optimality Archive is a distribution point for research in Optimality Theory.
- To my mind, optimality theory and pragmatics is an outstanding collection of high-quality contributions to a very exciting perspective on pragmatic research.
- Along with Alan Prince he developed Optimality Theory, a representational model of linguistics.
- Optimality Theory: Constraint interaction in generative grammar.
- Prince, along with Paul Smolensky, developed Optimality Theory, currently the most influential theory about phonology.
- Smolensky, along with Alan Prince, developed Optimality Theory, a controversial but influential theory about the organization of phonology.
- Optimality Theory is a theory of structural linguistics.
- Optimality Theory will be welcomed by any linguist with a basic knowledge of derivational Generative Phonology.
- Information > Science > Linguistics > Phonology
- Basic Knowledge
- Languages > Language > Grammar > Generative Grammar
- Scientific Theory
- Structural Linguistics
Books about "Optimality Theory" in