Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Outer"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Our solar system may have an outer "edge" just outside the orbit of Pluto, astronomers announced today.
- The inner ring and outer ring are comprised of multiple images of two galaxies at a distance of 6 billion and approximately 11 billion light-years.
- A space observatory is any instrument in outer space which is used for observation of distant planets, galaxies, and other outer space objects.
- In the outer regions of most galaxies, stars orbit around the centre so fast that they should fly away.
- It contains the sun, all the planets including Earth, all of our galaxy, plus many other galaxies, and all of outer space.
- They found a clear break in the surface brightness of stars from the inner parts of Andromeda and fainter ones from outer parts of the galaxy.
- Two spiral arms start just outside the core, and then spiral outward like a pinwheel to the outer edges of the galaxy.
- Note that they form a distinct layer between the outer "molecular" and inner "granule" layers of the cerebellar cortex.
- Electrons that form the outer casing for atoms are leptons and, as far as is known, are not constructed from any smaller constituents.
- Bone cells that form the outer layer of bone.
- Its outer layer, apposed to bone, forms the cranial periosteum, whereas the inner layer overlies the cortical surface lined by arachnoid.
- This forms the outer layer of compact bone.
- The first part of the tooth that forms in the bone is the outer shell of the enamel.
- With proper brushing, you can remove plaque from the inner, outer and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
- This fluoride is absorbed directly into dental plaque and the outer layers of the tooth that are in the beginning stages of demineralizing.
- Proper brushing helps remove plaque from the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Strictly speaking, "dental caries" means holes in the outer two layers of the teeth, the enamel and the dentin.
- The enamel, which is the hard outer coating of your teeth, wears thin, allowing the underlying layer of yellowish dentin to show through.
- The renal cortex is the outer portion of the kidney between the renal capsule and the renal medulla.
- Renal cortex: The renal cortex is the outer part of the kidney and has a reddish colour (shown as very pale brown above).
- The renal cortex is the outer layer of the kidney and the medulla is the inner layer of the kidney.
- The renal medulla is the middle region of the kidney between the pelvis and the outer layer of the kidney, which is called the cortex.
- The outer portion of the kidney is called the renal cortex, the next portion is called the renal medulla, at the center of the kidney is the pelvis.
- The outer core is molten liquid and surrounds a solid inner core about the size of the moon.
- These layers consist of the crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core.
- Geophysicists divide the core into an inner and outer core.
- The flow of heat from the core drives fluid motions in the outer core that produce an electric current and generate the magnetic field.
- But, the outer atmosphere, known as the corona, has been shown to reach temperatures of over a million degrees.
- More than 200 research scientists study the planet from its deepest interior to the outer reaches of its atmosphere, on every continent and in every ocean.
- Atmosphere - the blanket of air surrounding the earth, from sea level to outer space.
- The outer surface of the dura adheres to the skull, while the inner surface is loosely connected to the arachnoid layer.
- The outer layer is continuous with the periosteum of the inner surface of the skull.
- Bones surrounding the nose contain honeycomb (air filled cavities between the outer and inner layers of the skull) known as the facial sinuses.
- Intradural - Within or enclosed by the dura mater, which is the tough, fibrous membrane that forms the outer layer of the spinal cord and brain.
- The spinal cord is formed by a central channel surrounded by "grey matter" with an outer layer of "white matter".
- Corticospinal: Referring to or connecting the outer region of the brain (cerebral cortex) and the spinal cord.
- The "-adrenocorticism" part refers to the cortex or outer layer of the two adrenal glands; the inner layer is called the adrenal medulla.
- The outer layer of an organ or body part, such as the cerebrum or the adrenal glands.
- Adrenocortical carcinoma is a rare but aggressive form of cancer that affects the outer layer (cortex) of the adrenal glands situated atop the kidneys.
- Motor neurons (motoneurons) carry signals from the central nervous system to the outer parts (muscles, skin, glands) of your body.
- Earwax - yellow secretion from glands in the outer ear (cerumen) that keeps the skin of the ear dry and protected from infection.
- Ear wax (medical name - cerumen) is produced by glands in the skin of the outer portion of the ear canal.
- Seen from Earth, the galaxy is almost edge on, with the spiral arms clearly visible in the outer parts, along with a bright core at its center.
- For the outer planets, this is generally the closest they come to the Earth, hence when they are most easily visible.
- Mitochondria have two membranes, an inner and an outer, clearly visible in this electron microscope photo of a mitochondrion.
- For astronomers, a total solar eclipse forms a rare opportunity to watch the corona, the outer layer of the Sun.
- The outer region of the corona stretches far into space and consists of particles traveling slowly away from the Sun.
- The corona is the outer part of the Sun's atmosphere.
- Epiphysis - broad ends of a long bone that articulate with other bones, consist of spongy bone with a thin outer layer of compact bone.
- They primarily consist of cancellous bone, with a thin outer layer of compact bone.
- This information reveals that Earth is composed of three basic sections, the crust (the thin outer layer), the mantle, and the core.
- Coat: The outer coat is wiry and harsh and the under coat is soft and dense.
- Coat: The outer coat is harsh, wiry and thick.
- The outer coat is hard and wiry, the undercoat softer and close to the skin.
- The location of the enamel organ where the outer and inner enamel epithelium join is called the cervical loop.
- The cervical loop is the location on an enamel organ in a developing tooth where the outer enamel epithelium and the inner enamel epithelium join.
- The enamel organ is composed of the outer enamel epithelium, inner enamel epithelium, stellate reticulum and stratum intermedium.
- Ectoderm forms tissues associated with outer layers: skin, hair, sweat glands, epithelium.
- Epithelial Membranes An epithelial membrane is so named because its outer surface is made of epithelium.
- The nucleus of the atom would be the size of a pea in the centre of the stadium, and the electrons would be whizzing around the outer stands.
- They are, 1) attractive force from the nucleus, 2) Repulsive forces between electrons (electrons within a shell and electrons from inner and outer shells).
- However there is some doubt that Omega Centauri may be the nucleus of a galaxy whose outer parts have been stripped off.
- These discs are round and flat, with a tough, outer layer (annulus) that surrounds a jellylike material called the nucleus.
- The annulus is heated at the outer wall and cooled at the inner wall, and the resulting fluid flows give rise to baroclinically unstable waves.
- First, there are pain sensors in the outer rim of the annulus.
- Cerebral Cortex - The cerebral cortex is the outer mantle of the brain that in humans is highly folded.
- The function of the mantle is to separate the inner mantle and the outer mantle.
- The earth is composed of a series of layers, including the crust, mantle, and inner and outer core.
- In geology, a crust is the outer layer of a planet, part of its lithosphere.
- Oceanic crust comprises the outer layer of the lithosphere lying beneath the oceans.
- The outer portion of the Earth, the crust and the uppermost part of the mantle (the lithosphere) is composed of rigid units called plates.
- The outer edge of the terrestrial region, between 2 and 4 AU from Sun, is called the asteroid belt.
- The nuclear burning is almost completely shut off beyond the outer edge of the core (about 25% of the distance to the surface or 175,000 km from the center).
- When this happens, we have an Annular Eclipse, with a visible ring of the Sun still showing around the outer edge of the Moon.
- The solar system is subdivided into the inner planets, the asteroid belt, and the outer planets.
- Most C and D-type asteroids are located near the outer reaches of the asteroid belt and may, therefore, be the most remote sources of meteorites available.
- It orbits in the outer part of the asteroid belt and is classified as a Cybele asteroid.
- This region is sometimes known as the "outer Solar System", though others use that term to mean the region beyond the asteroid belt.
- The asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter forms the boundary between the inner solar system and the outer solar system.
- In the outer solar system, comets remain frozen and are extremely difficult or impossible to detect from Earth due to their small size.
- In addition, the giant planets of the outer solar system - Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune - are composed predominantly of gases.
- There is some debate as to whether the icy bodies in the outer solar system, such as Pluto, should be considered planets, and this issue remains unresolved.
- However, the concept of Planet X has been revived by a number of astronomers to explain other anomalies observed in the outer Solar System.
- Forms the outer layer of the chorion and together with maternal tissue will form the placenta.
- The wall of the blastocyst takes on the function of becoming the outer layer of membranes (chorion) surrounding the embryo.
- The blastocyst wall becomes the outer layer of membranes or chorion, which surround the embryo, while another inner layer of membranes becomes the amnion.
- Trophoblast: The outer layer of cells of the blastocyst that attach to the uterine wall and give rise to the placenta.
- This then changes to a blastocyst, consisting of an outer layer called a trophoblast, and an inner cell mass called the embryoblast.
- Trophoblast - The outer layer of the cells forming the wall of the blastocyst.
- Inner Mongolia is considered as several provinces by the ROC, but not "areas" like Tibet and (Outer) Mongolia.
- By the mid-18th century, the Qing had successfully put outer regions such as Inner and Outer Mongolia, Tibet and Xinjiang under its control.
- The outer territories consist of Manchuria in the northeast, Inner Mongolia in the north, Xinjiang Uygur in the west, and Tibet in the southwest.
- OUTER, INNER AND ALTERNATIVE KALACHAKRA Outer Kalachakra refers to the outer world which is the vessel supporting the living beings.
- From the innermost gate outwards this represents the movement or progress of the teachings of Yungdrung Bon into the outer world and especially Tibet.
- The cells of larger animals are buried many layers deep, so these animals require a system that connects each cell to the outer world.
- The dura consists of an outer layer, rich in blood vessels and nerves, and an inner layer, firmly attached to the arachnoid.
- The outer layer of this membrane contains nerves and blood vessels that branch and travel into the bone.
- The outer layer of the pericardium surrounds the roots of the heart's major blood vessels.
- The outer layer is called the epicardium, or visceral pericardium since it is also the inner wall of the pericardium.
- The epicardium is the outer layer of the heart, containing the blood vessels and nerves which supply the heart.
- The inner layer of the pericardium is called the epicardium, the outer layer is the heart itself.
- Subdural Within the space between the outer two (dura and arachnoid) of the three membranes lining the brain and spinal cord.
- A subdural hematoma is a collection of blood in the space between the outer layer (dura) and middle layers of the covering of the brain (the meninges).
- The outer layer of the cerebrum - the cerebral cortex and areas deep within the brain - the basal ganglia, are made up of grey matter.
- The cerebrum's outer layer, the cerebral cortex, is composed of gray matter made up of nerve cell bodies.
- The Cerebrum has an outer layer of gray matter, composed primarily of nerve cells, called the Cortex.
- The gray matter which forms the outer layer of the cerebrum is called the cerebral cortex.
- But whatever I've tried so far with Outer I didn't manage to get the outer product of two vectors as described above.
- Thus, the inner product of two matrices has the same rank as the outer product (or tensor product) of two vectors.
- The inner and outer product can be generalized to any dimensional; however the cross product is only defined in a 3-dimension space.
- A mitochondrion contains outer and inner membranes composed of phospholipid bilayers and proteins.
- The outer and inner membranes of the mitochondria form two sub-compartments: the internal matrix space and the intermembrane space.
- Like a mitochondrion, a chloroplast has an outer and inner membrane, with an intermembrane space between them.
- Mitochondria are a part of tissue cells that consists of an outer and an inner membrane.
- The intermembrane space is the region between the inner membrane and the outer membrane of a mitochondrion or a chloroplast.
- By material strength, the layering of the earth is categorized as lithosphere, asthenosphere, upper mantle, lower mantle, outer core, and the inner core.
- Crust, upper mantle, asthenosphere, mantle, outer core, inner core.
- Chemically, the Earth can be divided into the crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core.
- Compact bone or (Cortical bone) The hard outer layer of bones is composed of compact bone tissue, so-called due to its minimal gaps and spaces.
- Compact bone is found in the diaphysis (shaft) of long bones and as the outer layer of all bones.
- A typical bone has an outer layer of hard or compact bone, which is very strong, dense and tough.
- These glands are made up of an inner part called the adrenal medulla and an outer part called the adrenal cortex.
- The core is the inner part of the earth, the crust is the outer part and between them is the mantle.
- The adrenal cortex, the outer part of each of the two adrenal glands, produces aldosterone, cortisol, and other steroids.
- The outer layer of the adrenal gland, known as the adrenal cortex secretes corticosteroid hormones, androgen hormones and aldosterone hormone.
- An adrenal gland is made of two parts: the outer region is called the adrenal cortex and the inner region is called the adrenal medulla.
- They consist of an inner layer called the adrenal medulla and an outer layer called the adrenal cortex.
- What is ECTODERMAL DYSPLASIA? The ectoderm is the outer layer of the skin, sweat glands, hair, teeth and nails.
- The outer layer, the ectoderm, forms the central nervous system and epidermis.
- At this point, the embryo has an outer layer of ectoderm, and lying under part of it, a band of prechordal mesoderm and notochord.
- Medicine > Anatomy > Mouth > Enamel
- Medicine > Anatomy > Brain > Cortex
- Observation > Perception > Senses > Skin
* Gray Matter
* Outer Cortex
* Outer Covering
* Outer Crust
* Outer Electrons
* Outer Enamel
* Outer Layers
* Outer Membrane
* Outer Membranes
* Outer Shell
* Outer Skin
* Outer Surface
* Outer Wall
* Tough Outer
Books about "Outer" in