Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Paragraph"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A paragraph is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea, or the words of an author.
- A paragraph is a group of words, which is longer than a sentence.
- A paragraph is a collection of related sentences dealing with a single topic.
- A paragraph is simply one or more consecutive lines of text, separated by one or more blank lines.
- A paragraph is a unit of writing that consists of one or more sentences focusing on a single idea or topic.
- The supplement or amendment required under Item 3 of Paragraph One above shall not change the substance of the patent application.
- Registration as a patent agent under this paragraph shall continue only during the period that the conditions specified in this paragraph obtain.
- The prior patent application referred to in the preceding Paragraph shall be deemed having been withdrawn after 15 months from its filing date.
- They are fine for a sentence, passable for a paragraph, but are difficult to use well in, say, the text of a book.
- In prose fiction and Literary writing paragraph structure is more abstract, depending on the writer's technique and the action of the narrative.
- Paragraph D would indicate the leading ideas and show how they are made prominent, or would indicate what points in the narrative are chiefly emphasized.
- German (article, item, paragraph, section).
- Font size and face of the paragraph (but not the designator) are reset to their default values.
- We can apply an opacity level of 25% to the background and then style the paragraph with <p style="position:relative;".
- The bottom, maploc-btm-left.png or maploc-btm-right.png, creates a nifty comment bubble thing and aligns to the bottom of the paragraph element.
- Definition lists are typically formatted with the term flush-left and the definition, formatted paragraph style, indented after the term.
- The HTML markup for defining a paragraph is straightforward: the P element defines a paragraph.
- Some people think it ought to look like the symbol to the right of this paragraph.
- The Oxford English Dictionary suggests that the word originated as pylcraft, a corrupted form of "paragraph" (earliest reference c.1440).
- The name may be a derivation of paragraph through parcrafte, but this etymology is uncertain.
- Another blockquote paragraph.
- TeX's paragraph breaking algorithm works by optimizing breakpoints over the whole paragraph.
- Such tab stops are paragraph -specific properties and can be moved to a different location in any moment, or even removed.
- Besides, there is an interesting paragraph on the power of human mind.
- And you'll see a new footnote number at the end of the first paragraph with your new footnote at the bottom of the page.
- That paragraph is no longer on the web page.
- In QuarkXPress, however, leading is a paragraph attribute.
- An entire paragraph is italicized (quite unnecessarily) for emphasis.
- A paragraph seems the most semantic solution rather than a meaningless div.
- It can be used to group other block-level elements, but can't be used within paragraph elements.
- An example of this is the following paragraph: W ikipedia is an international Web-based free-content encyclopedia.
- A list of components in which investment is encouraged is included in paragraph G, Best Prospects.
- The non-fiction paragraph goes from the general to the specific to advance an argument or point of view.
- The Ivoirian government plans to establish a free trade zone in the near future (See paragraph 6 above).
- Float a span for the large 26 and following link Use a line-height on the 26 Paragraph 3: Insert and align center image.
- Some of his features include the multi-line and paragraph composition engines, the glyph palette, nested styles, and OpenType feature support.
- In typography, a paragraph is a block of text.
- For example, the block formatting object class represents the breaking of the content of a paragraph into lines.
- The following paragraph includes an embedded Japanese ("ja") phrase, after which the primary language returns to French.
- Suppose the predominant language of the document containing this paragraph is English.
- With a drop cap, the initial sits within the margins and runs several lines deep into the paragraph, pushing some normal-sized text off these lines.
- In 2001, U.S. exports to Algeria decreased by 12 percent from 2000, mostly because of a drop in grain exports (see next paragraph).
- Chapter initials and paragraph-marks in alternate red and blue.
- First initial of each book supplied in red; heading of each book and each fable underlined in red; initial-strokes in every verse and paragraph-marks in red.
- Initials, paragraph marks, and capital strokes added in red; rubricator's date "1498" beneath colophon.
- In HTML, a new paragraph is created with the '<p ' tag, and the pilcrow symbol is ¶.
- The paragraph tag adds a full blank line between paragraphs.
- To separate paragraphs with blank lines you could put a paragraph tag ( <P) at the end of each paragraph.
- The paragraph begins with a generalization about the topic of becoming a successful writer.
- Then explain that all paragraphs have a topic sentence, which tells the reader what the paragraph will be about.
- The most basic idea in Structured Text is a paragraph.
- A paragraph should have the main idea and the first sentence of the paragraph as the key sentence.
- Examiner Note: This form paragraph is to be used in the first action in a reissue application.
- Form paragraph 14.11 may be used to suspend action, i.e., stay action, in a reissue application with concurrent litigation.
- Examiner Note: This paragraph may be used for any 37 CFR 1.121(b) informality as to an amendment submitted in a reissue application prior to final rejection.
- It is frequently used along with the pilcrow (--), or paragraph sign.
- In Chinese, the traditional paragraph sign is a thin circle about the same size as a Chinese character.
- When using justification, it is customary to treat the last line of a paragraph separately by left or right aligning it, depending on the language direction.
- The line-progression direction for inline areas in the paragraph is the placement direction of the paragraph.
- This form paragraph may be used in an Office action which rejects any of the claims on other grounds.
- Form paragraph 14.20.01 may be used to advise applicant of the proper manner of making amendments in a reissue application.
- Form paragraph 14.05.01 may be used to notify applicant that the original patent or an affidavit or declaration as to loss is required before allowance.
- The divisional applications set forth in the preceding Paragraph shall be filed before the re-examination decision on the original application is rendered.
- The user referred to in Items 2 and 5 of the preceding Paragraph shall confine his continued use of the invention to his original enterprise exclusively.
- The function of a paragraph indent is to mark a pause, setting the paragraph apart from what precedes it.
- He explains in detail how to treat capitals, italics, paragraph indents and punctuation marks.
- The following markup uses all four paragraph macros.
- If you give this macro no arguments, `groff' prints all text following in bold until the next highlighting, paragraph, or heading macro.
- Orphan: in a page layout, the first line of a paragraph separated from the rest of the paragraph by a column or page break.
- Each paragraph was separated with an additional line break as is typically done on web pages.
- This will create a break in the copy forcing the keystrokes that follow to go to the next line but it will NOT define a new paragraph.
- Trapeze puts you in control over the conversion process, with options for white space stripping, paragraph rewrapping and page break marking.
- In a written work, an initial is a letter at the beginning of a work, a chapter or a paragraph that is larger than the rest of the text.
- The classic typographic method uses indents to signal the beginning of a new paragraph (as we have in this book).
- Indentation Insetting a line of text in from the margin, as at the beginning of a paragraph or within an outline, or to set off a quotation.
- It should then be first on a line and be indented as the first line of a paragraph.
- Indenting the first line of every paragraph is a habit most of us acquired in grammar school.
- Widow - a single word left on the last line of a paragraph which falls at the top of a page.
- The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line and ending without running to the next passage.
- This dramatic technique is actually the opposite of an indent, in that the first line extends out to the left of the paragraph.
- The paragraph symbol, the pilcrow, is ¶.
- See also Section sign Paragraphos Development from capitulum into modern paragraph symbol.
- Last check: 2007-11-07) Paragraph magazine (the paragraph symbol is itself the name) has been publishing short prose since 1985.
- Culture > Languages > Language > Writing
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Reference
- Glossaries > Glossary of Typography /
Books about "Paragraph" in