Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Passengers"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Passengers are required to insert tickets into validating machines on every bus, train and tram.
- Passengers are also entitled to a free MTR connection to any destinations when they use their Octopus Cards to travel on Airport Express.
- Passengers were able to disembark the train safely and no casualties were reported.
- Passengers were unloaded prior to the crash while the driver sustained only minor injuries.
- Passengers are also given priority boarding over Comfort Class and access to the Silver & Blue Lounge in Toronto Union Station.
- The improvements will give passengers a better journey and will enhance the economic competitiveness of London.
- Passengers without sufficient fare to complete their journey must use an AddFare machine to pay the remaining balance in order to exit the station.
- Corruption is a major problem, with ships selling more tickets than they should and packing ferries with cargo in addition to passengers.
- Underground stations have controlled entries via turnstile s, and passengers must purchase or show Muni staff a ticket in order to enter the platform area.
- A Free travel pass is the right of a certain class of passengers to use a public transport service without paying a fare or presenting a ticket.
- The ticket will allow passengers to enjoy a number of events over the weekend, along the Marshlink line, and will give them unlimited travel along the line.
- It was introduced in 1969 to warn passengers of a significant gap between the train door and the platform at some stations.
- In 2006, a helicopter crash in Morecambe Bay killed passengers and crew traveling to a nearby off-shore gas platform.
- Several stations have staggered platforms: passengers cross the line from the end of one platform to the end of the other, thus avoiding a footbridge.
- Usually raised platforms are present to allow passengers to access trains easily and safely.
- Our chief pilot Hasan, is one of the first 5 pilots of Turkey and is the first Turk pilot flew O310 balloon (whose basket has a capacity of 18 passengers).
- As a result the New Doha International Airport is expected to open in 2009 with a capacity of 50 million passengers a year once fully completed.
- Six million passengers use the airport annually, while the airport itself boasts a capacity of handling up to 12 million passengers in a year.
- A railroad car is a vehicle used for the haulage of either passengers or freight.
- Therefore, the safety of the passengers in the vehicle in which the carburetor is used may be in jeopardy as well as those who are near the vehicle.
- The Arman-e-Millie daily newspaper reported that, in the Panjwaye District of Kandahar Province, a bomb exploded in a vehicle, killing its three passengers.
- Hotel power (U.S.): that power used to provide for the comfort of passengers aboard a train en-route.
- At 5 P.M. Ensign Bayley embarked on boat and the boat brought remainder of his baggage--all the other passengers came on board--discharged the pilot.
- Because of the short distance to Corregidor, passengers prefer to travel by boat at a convenience as well as view the historical place.
- Whether on a cruise ship with thousands of other passengers or in a single kayak, most visitors experience Glacier Bay from a boat.
- Dog teams gave way to the airplane as the major means of long-distance travel in Alaska moving freight, mail and passengers.
- By the start of the 1800s, the Post Office Department had bought several stagecoaches for transporting both mail and passengers on the nation's post roads.
- It was once an important railhead, handling passengers, mail and freight bound for parts of Wester Ross, including Gairloch and the Loch Torridon area.
- For passengers of Aviaprad airline, check-in service at the Paveletsky terminal and transfer by Aeroexpress train to the airport are free of charge.
- While passengers can transfer at these stations, the two systems have different fare regimes and a new fare must be paid when transferring.
- Passengers can also transfer to cable cars at Powell and Embarcadero stations, though an extra fee must be paid to ride this popular tourist attraction.
- The Royal Canal passes near the town in its course from Dublin to Tarmonbarry, and a boat for the conveyance of passengers and goods to Dublin passes daily.
- The line, opened in February 1868 to carry passengers and goods (mainly fish), was closed in May 1963 as a result of the Beeching Axe cuts.
- Ship transport is watercraft carrying people (passengers) or goods (cargo).
- Two trains per hour were leaving Tokyo (60 per day), totaling 61,000 passengers.
- The station extends 130 meters in length and 30 meters in width and has a capacity to handle 11,000 passengers per hour per direction.
- The aircraft features seating for up to six passengers and two pilots and can reach speeds of 390 miles per hour.
- Eldoret (25.4km) Miti ya Hunter (28.5km) railroad stop; a place lacking station facilities where trains stop to pick up and unload passengers and freight.
- A train station is a place where trains stop to allow passengers to enter and get off.
- AVMs allow passengers to add value to their SmartRider card by inserting notes or coins into a machine, or by using an EFTPOS or credit card.
- Service on the Green and Yellow lines was halted in both directions around the station, and a shuttle bus took passengers around the accident scene.
- The train station is, however, 2 km away from the airport, but there is a shuttle bus that transfers the passengers to it.
- Free services of In-town Check-in* and scheduled shuttle bus are available at Hong Kong and Kowloon stations for Airport Express passengers.
- The airline became the second international carrier after SWISS Airlines to provide check-in for their passengers at Paveletsky station.
- Passenger railroads deliver millions of passengers and long-distance commuters to destinations throughout the country.
- Passengers from the Valleys or from South and West Wales would therefore have to change at Cardiff Central or Newport for destinations throughout the UK.
- Varna International airport welcomes passengers all through the year with destinations to all majour European cities, Asia and Middle East.
- Fare gate s at closed stations only allow those passengers with SmartRider cards to pass through fare gate entry points.
- The majority of the passengers were from the Comoros islands, returning home from Paris or Marseille.
- Passengers travelling to Lo Wu follow the blue queue while those travelling to Lok Ma Chau follow the green one.
- Instead, midfield concourses were added to allow passengers to walk between connecting flights without visiting the main terminal.
- Air transport consists mainly of the operation of commercial airlines, which handle both freight and passengers.
- Often the crew would outnumber passengers on board, and on the ground large teams were necessary to assist starting and landing.
- For the passengers and crew, when a vehicle goes supersonic the sound cuts off as the sound waves are no longer able to keep up with the vehicle.
- At each stop one of the crew, who had come equipped with bagpipes, would fire them up and march around the train followed by most of the passengers.
- A gondola for passengers may have a small open cabin, for their protection against sun or rain.
- Greyhound Lines is the largest inter-city common carrier of passengers by bus in North America, serving 2,200 destinations in the United States.
- While some passengers only received minor injuries, it is still the worst crash in Qantas 's history to date.
- The Aranui is a deluxe mixed-cargo which takes passengers on an exciting 16-day discovery cruise of the Marquesas Islands.
- Unloaded Vehicle Weight or Dry Weight: The weight of the RV without adding fuel, water, propane, supplies and passengers.
- The WHR Ltd has received much acclaim for the interactive tour of the sheds, which all passengers get as part of their train ride.
- This closed to passengers in 1916, but goods traffic continued up to its absorption by the WHR in 1922.
- Porthmadog cross-town link South of Cambrian crossing, the WHR cross town link trains will move direct to Porthmadog Harbour, where passengers will alight.
- The first blast at the Lubyanka station in central Moscow happened at 0756 (0356 GMT) as thousands of passengers were packed onto trains.
- The line was built in 1950-1954 encircling the central Moscow, and became crucial to the transfer patterns of passengers.
- Taxis carry an average of one million passengers each day, occupying about 12% of the daily patronage carried by all modes of public transport in Hong Kong.
- Passengers using these services are treated as transit passengers and are not considered to have entered Hong Kong for immigration purposes.
- Alternatively, travellers can board the express buses from urban areas of Hong Kong which will carry their passengers directly to the control point.
- Passengers may also take the 1-minute journey to AsiaWorld-Expo, which is located also in Chek Lap Kok.
- Free porter service is also available at all stations except AsiaWorld-Expo to help passengers with baggage.
- Passengers arriving by air can take a few minute stroll to arrive directly at AsiaWorld-Expo or take the 1-min Airport Express ride.
- A transport hub (also transport interchange) is a place where passengers and cargo are exchanged between vehicles or between transport modes.
- The smaller fast ferries transfer only passengers and no vehicles and running two services per day during winter months.
- He believes such vehicles should be certified like aircraft, to protect passengers and people on the ground.
- The passengers were flying the last leg of a journey from Paris and Marseille to Comoros, with a stop in Yemen to change planes.
- Most of the passengers were from Comoros, a former French colony.
- Indeed, early versions of Kimmel's system weighed 2,000 pounds--which would have probably made an aircraft too heavy to fly with passengers on it.
- At that speed, the Falcon 50 Dash 4 can fly 2,863 nm with four passengers, a 215-mile improvement over the -3 powered aircraft.
- Computers also allow airlines to predict, with some accuracy, how many passengers will actually fly after making a reservation to fly.
- Ryanair expects to carry over 500,000 passengers per annum on these six routes, this will create over 500 new jobs here at Dublin Airport.
- As of 2006, Ryanair flies more passengers, but easyJet has a higher turnover, leading both of them to claim to be "Europe's number one low cost airline".
- Last year over 4 Million Passengers used this airport in order to use Low Cost Airlines like Ryanair.
- The terminal was designed to allow passengers to board and disembark via stairs without getting wet by parking the nose of the aircraft under the overhang.
- Terminal is guided on the service to passengers that travel in the borders of Ukraine.
- The area where aircraft park next to a terminal to load passengers and baggage is known as a ramp.
- Passengers can transfer from the Metro line to the Airport Bus at this departure point.
- Passengers can transfer from the Airport Bus to the Metro system at this point.
- The airport bus (tel: 05505; www.flybussen.no) drops passengers at the bus station and at main hotels in town.
- The station entrance, concourse and parking area will be at ground level, and passengers will take an elevator up to the platform.
- Passengers wishing to change to the MTR Tsuen Wan Line should ride the escalator up to the concourse, and leave the KCR system.
- A bus service fit for an Olympic city should not require passengers to be athletes.
- Cruise passengers with a day in Oslo can see much of the city on foot or take a city tour.
- Hong Kong owns an extensive network of bus routes carrying millions of passengers in the city.
- A bus station or bus depot is a structure where city or intercity buses stop to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Passengers can get a free transfer to a city bus when they buy their inter-city ticket to continue from the bus depot in Malcha to other parts of the city.
- Eurotunnel also earns toll revenue from other train operators (Eurostar for rail passengers, and EWS and SNCF for rail freight) which use the Tunnel.
- The automobiles are carried in open railcars, and for this reason the SNCF offers passengers a free car wash in the arrival city.
- Eurostar trains were running between London and Lille in France, with passengers able to take buses within Belgium.
- Transport for London is to change the rules affecting the capital's red routes to allow licensed private hire vehicles to pick up and set down passengers.
- The SER took over the line in 1859, but the LB&SCR deliberately made life difficult for passengers from the line who wished to use services into London.
- Tour Operators > Travel > Trains
- Tour Operators > Travel > Airlines
- Tour Operators > Travel > Bus
- Information > Communication > Networks > Airport
* Carrying Passengers
* Change Trains
* East Rail
* Flight Attendants
* Freight Trains
* Island Platform
* Land Transport
* Million Passengers
* Mtr Corporation
* Passengers Board
* Passengers Travel
* Passenger Train
* Passenger Trains
* Rail Transport
* Transport Passengers
Books about "Passengers" in