Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Pennywise"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Pennywise is an American punk rock band from Hermosa Beach, California, formed in 1988.
- Pennywise is an American punk rock band that was formed in 1988, and is named after the monster from the Stephen King novel, It.
- Pennywise were one of many bands to contribute to the tribute.
- Pennywise were shaken by his death, yet they decided to continue performing, adding Bradbury as a permanent member.
- Pennywise began recording Unknown Road in the absence of Jim Lindberg, with bassist Jason Thirsk attempting to fill the gap on vocals.
- Pennywise has had numerous line-up changes, Fletcher Dragge and Byron McMackin are the only two constant members.
- Fletcher Dragge (born April 22, 1966)[ 1] is the lead guitar player of the successful punk rock band Pennywise, which was formed in 1988.
- Jason Thirsk (28) - musician, Pennywise, suicide after depression and alcoholism treatment.
- Justin Thirsk is brother to founding member of Pennywise, Jason Matthew Thirsk also a Epitaph Records artist.
- About Time is the third album by Pennywise, released on June 13, 1995.
- The company promoted shows for bands like Pennywise, Sublime, 311 etc.
- In 1996, Pennywise began recording their fourth album.
- The band went on tour for the next two years with other punk bands such as Pennywise, and ska punk bands like No Doubt and Voodoo Glow Skulls.
- With Lindberg back, Pennywise released Unknown Road (1993), which was an underground hit and established the band as a force in punk music.
- More footage of Pennywise can be seen on 45 Revolutions: A Slice of XVI St. Life, XVI St. being the place where Jason and Fletcher hung out in Hermosa Beach.
- Some Los Angeles area groups like Guttermouth, Jughead's Revenge, Lagwagon, The Offspring, and Pennywise, also started to gain a following during this era.
- By 1995, punk bands The Offspring and Rancid hit the mainstream and Pennywise refused invitations to join several major labels.
- Pennywise, SNFU, and Down By Law have different songs featured as well.
- Pennywise As the band often releases an album every two years, there are fans expecting a new album to be released this year.
- With the death of Jason Thirsk, Pennywise persisted with new releases such with the album "Straight Ahead" with bassist Randy Bradbury.
- He has produced albums for Bad Religion as well as Epitaph Records labelmates NOFX, Rancid, and Pennywise, among others.
- In 1991, the band signed with Epitaph Records (home of Bad Religion, L7, NOFX, Pennywise and other similar bands).
- Ask legions of adament fans of acts like Pennywise, Rancid or NOFX if Blink-182 or Good Charlotte are punk.
- In 1997, the group toured with Blink-182 and Pennywise. A second album on Theologial followed in 1998 before the group was picked up by Epitaph Records.
- Music > Punk > Punk Rock > Bad Religion
- Epitaph Records
- Punk Bands
- Arts > Music > Punk > Nofx
- Arts > Music > Musicians > Rancid
Books about "Pennywise" in