Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Performances"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Performances are sold out years in advance with top German socialites and politicians attending.
- Performances were also given in the prince's palace, where the actors were predominantly lamas, and monasteries paid for transport, assistants and so on.
- Performances are given in a variety of Highland venues and are normally advertised on the Hi-Arts website.
- Performances were a part of daily rituals and religious or festive occasions, where dance was considered to be an offering to the deities.
- Performances were given under the direction of the Hungarian conductor Antal Dorati and the British conductor Sir Thomas Beecham.
- Due to the huge demand for the tickets,which were all sold out for the four nights in one day, the concert went from four performances to eight.
- In addition to the usual comedic performers from Monty Python, producer Martin Lewis secured musical performances from Pete Townshend and Tom Robinson.
- Miller performs regularly with Ritornello Baroque Ensemble and the Emory Baroque Artists in addition to giving regular solo performances.
- In addition, the Orchestra of English National Ballet has 47 core members and is increased for performances in large theatres throughout the country.
- Students will recognize the cultural features of a variety of musical compositions and performances and understand the functions of music within the culture.
- The Old Vic is a theatre that hosts a variety of plays, shows, concerts and performances.
- Don also collected a variety of other African instruments on his journey, which he mastered and often played in performances and recordings.
- This is a collection of the kind of music and performances I love.
- A collection of excerpts from previously issued performances by the Kirov and Bolshoi companies.
- Mahalia Jackson: Collection combines a number of live performances from the legendary figure.
- Fisk, Eliot - Photographs and information on the classical guitarist and his performances, recordings, guitar festival, and teaching.
- Lisa Steele and Kim Tomczak have worked in collaboration since 1983, producing videotapes, performances, photographs, films and installations.
- As Madonna rose to fame, her signature look portrayed in photographs, live performances and music videos, became increasingly influential among young women.
- Lorin Maazel will lead the Orchestra in subsequent performances of this work in concerts in Lucerne and Paris.
- She is an exclusive Deutsche Grammophon recording artist, whose performances this season take her from New York and Toronto to Paris and Munich.
- Rybar made his name by giving the Stravinsky concerto its first performances in Prague and (with the composer present) in Paris.
- Although Swinging, Singing, Playing is primarily a vocals-infused recording, there are some noteworthy instrumental performances as well.
- Singing and playing in vintage Piedmont style with a two- and three-finger technique, Etta Baker offered timeless, memorable performances.
- His concert performances at Joe's Pub, John Tartaglia AD-LIBerty, have received glowing reviews and several awards and has been playing to sold out crowds.
- Performances of his music in recent years include premieres in the Concertgebouw of Amsterdam to BBC recordings to commissions for Australian Orchestras.
- In later years, Bud Powell 's recordings and performances could be so intense as to be scary, but other times he sounded quite sad.
- During her first few years on the tour, Pierce was better known for the behavior of her father, more so than her performances on court.
- Features upcoming events, which include dance, opera, symphony, and comedy performances.
- Arturo Toscanini conducted some performances of the Symphony No.
- Other orchestral performances this season include Symphony No.
- He gave performances under Bruno Walter and Arturo Toscanini, and he also played the solo part in Richard Strauss ' Don Quixote under the composer.
- When George Frideric Handel and his ensemble played these concertos during performances of his oratorios, the composer would improvise sections.
- Performances in the postwar period were sporadic, and a genuine revival of interest in the composer did not begin until the 1970s.
- Workshops, presentations, and performances will make diverse forms of Latin music and dance accessible to the Latino community in Philadelphia.
- The University also is home to the International Folk Cultural Center which celebrates folk dance and music with classes, workshops and performances.
- Includes biography, art and information for classes and performances.
- Sierra Vista Ballet - Arizona: includes information on classes and past performances.
- Any hope of advancing this year seemed lost until two outstanding performances from Halak, who started the season as a backup.
- Outstanding performances abound in this musical variety show filmed at Harlem's Apollo Theatre, New York City in 1954.
- Critics and colleagues have praised Battisti for his commitment to contemporary music and his outstanding performances.
- Although the albums and performances were given good reviews by critics in jazz and jazz fusion circles, sales had plummeted.
- The city was buzzing with how talented the young Nureyev was, critics praised his abilities, and his performances brought fame and acclaim to the Kirov.
- He is particularly well known as a pianist for his performances in the early twentieth century repertory and music of the Classical era.
- Wild is a pianist in the tradition of the nineteenth century in that he entertains audiences rather than lectures them with his performances.
- Upon arriving in America, Landowska played a recital of Bach's Goldberg Variations and soon afterwards appeared as pianist in performances of Mozart.
- To make ends meet, Berlioz toured as a conductor, leading admired performances of his music in England, Germany, and Russia.
- The final section includes essays by a conductor and a producer who have staged notable performances of the opera in recent years.
- Printed music, photographs, scrapbooks, correspondence, promotional materials, and ephemera of the conductor noted for his performances of American music.
- Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra - Includes schedule and location of performances and ticket information.
- Member biographies and photos, schedule, recordings and a list of performances.
- The Fairfax Ballet and The Russell School of Ballet - Includes a schedule of performances, rehearsal schedule, and troupe photographs.
- From CanEHdian.com Esteban - Guitarist and composer, born in Pittsburgh, US. Includes biography, photographs, discography, and upcoming performances.
- Contains biography, writings, discography, photographs, and upcoming performances and workshops.
- Biography, performances, reviews, discography and journal from the flutist.
- The audience were treated to performances by many gymnasts who will be going to the Beijing Olympics with medals in the sites.
- The competition took place in a very tense atmosphere and it was clear to see how much the performances mattered to both coaches and gymnasts.
- Although all gymnasts contributed to the result, it is only fitting that the performances of Melody Hernandez and Georgia Bonora receive special mention.
- The band documented this era in 1978 with Two for the Show, a double live album of recordings from various performances from its 1977 and 1978 tours.
- Along with comedy skits, the show also featured musical performances by mostly hip-hop and soul artists.
- February 17 - Joni Mitchell announces that she is retiring from live performances, following her show at London 's Royal Albert Hall.
- One of the all time great British movies, a superb script by Frank Clarke and stu ning performances from all the cast make this a film to trasure.
- I caught one of the performances -- the cast included Stephanie Blythe, Bejun Mehta and David Daniels -- and marveled at the music and the singing.
- A cast of unknown actors as is the case with a majority of short films; each of the performances were lovely.
- His performances to "Swing Kids" and "First Knight" at that event are often considered to be among the best of his career.
- Roddick was frustrated and demoralised by what must surely count among the worst performances of his career, considering the stage and the stakes.
- Bill Dixon comments throughout the text on the familiar and unfamiliar aspects of his career as it unfolds between performances and recordings.
- In addition to his stage performances, his renditions of old spirituals were acclaimed; Robeson was the first to bring them to the concert stage.
- Austin Miller (born June 7, 1976) is an American actor, dancer, and singer, known for television and stage performances.
- Wright continued with his stage performances and in 1994 was cast as Norman 'Belize' Arriaga in Tony Kushner's award-winning play Angels in America.
- June 3 at 1:32pm · Comment · Like Brian Boru Pipes and Drums The band had another amazing weekend of performances and fun.
- He also never admitted to practicing, claiming to play the drums only during performances[ citation needed] and was not known to read music.
- The project will offer classes, workshops, lecture-demonstrations, and performances in African dance and drums to youth and adults.
- While improvements in instruments led to more public performances of chamber music, it remained very much a type of music to be played as much as performed.
- On stage, NIN often employ spectacular visual elements to accompany performances, which frequently culminate with the band destroying their instruments.
- Harpsichord and Clavichord maker in Tokyo, whose instruments is used in many recordings and performances of Keith Jarrett and others important artists.
- Most of the actors give the best performances of their careers, but the show is stolen by the moving, unforgettable Nino Manfredi as Geppetto.
- The actors also put on good performances, especially Lau Ching Wan and Andy Lau.
- Official site of the SAG Awards, which are are presented to actors by their peers for outstanding performances in motion pictures and on television.
- In 2003, the orchestra made its European début with performances in London 's Barbican Hall, Belfast, Dublin and Paris (Théâtre des Champs-Élysées).
- The ballet was only given 9 performances in total: five in Paris and four in London.
- Cater later recalled that those performances with Ella Fitzgerald in London were the highlights of his career with the Basie band.
- As part of the 1.2.3 Festival, Ailey II, along with ABT II and Taylor 2, take the stage for a shared week of performances.
- Beginning with a showcase called "Halifax in Poetry", the festival showcased poets working with musicians during their performances.
- Key components of the festival will be the premiere of a commissioned work by Artist-in-Residence Carla Bley and performances by emerging jazz musicians.
- The film and the performances of Voight and co-star Burt Reynolds received great critical acclaim and were popular with audiences.
- In Paris, his performances electrified audiences and critics, but he broke the rules about mingling with foreigners, which alarmed the Kirov's management.
- During her heyday, audiences went to her films not only for her performances, but also to see her wardrobe.
- They work as a team to collaboratively create innovative, visually driven performances that speak directly and dynamically to an audience.
- Often during live performances, Wilson will also introduce the band to the audience.
- The band is known for its high-energy performances and employ a mixture of extremely witty banter and full-on offensive material to entertain the audience.
- Zemlinsky's music has slowly been rediscovered due to a series of performances and recordings (primarily by EMI) since the 1990s.
- There he arranged a series of exciting and well-received programs, including performances of works by Mozart, Strauss, Smetana, and Wagner.
- In August of 1935, Benny and his orchestra began a series of performances at the Palomar Ballroom in Los Angeles.
- Although Oscar Peterson passed away in December of 2007, his performances on this DVD demonstrate why his music will live on forever.
- This series of performances from the prestigious Montreux Jazz FestivalTM now makes a part of this legacy available on dvd for the first time.
- The set includes the original remastered album, The Freedom Sessions and a DVD that includes live performances, music videos and more.
- He often got up from the piano during performances and danced a bit while the other members of the band continued playing.
- On her self-titled, debut recording, Goulding is joined by From the Top host Christopher Orsquo;Riley in performances of works for violin and piano.
- In 1848, Liszt gave up public performances on the piano and went to Weimar, remaining there until 1861.
- Ingram Marshall introduces performances and compositions by James Tenney, American composer, pianist and conductor.
- He spent a lot of time in Paris, chiefly for the many performances of his compositions.
- Starr's Ringo (1973) was the only album to include compositions and performances by all four, albeit on separate songs.
- At the time of writing Thea Musgrave's name is completely missing from the BBC's online listing of composers with performances at the 2007 Proms.
- Historical keyboard instruments, then, are instruments of types which composers of earlier times might have employed in performances of their own music.
- The performances on this disc reveal a great range of expression, variety of tonal color, and compelling identification with these composers.
- Musicians, singers, and related workers play musical instruments, sing, compose or arrange music, or conduct groups in instrumental or vocal performances.
- In the households of the aristocracy, small bands of musicians provided compositions and performances of dinner music, dances and ensemble concerts.
- The two attended a number of performances by musicians on tour.
- Some of her other famous performances included roles in Swan Lake and Firebird.
- Other performances include roles in "Screamers" at the Edinburgh Playhouse Festival and in "Alfie" at the Tiffany Theatre in Los Angeles.
- A twentieth-century African-American contralto, known for her roles in opera and also for her performances of spirituals.
- I also view and review the performances of the Kirov, the Bolshoi Ballet, the Royal Ballet, and various American companies and dancers on video.
- An interactive website designed to educate people about ballet, from the history to the technique of ballet to great performances and dancers.
- The dancers have made excellent performances but their musicians were not able to join them.
- The album sold over 600,000 copies her first week, an improvement on previous performances, and the highest 1st week of sales for one of her albums.
- The remainder of the album featured live performances from tours during 1999 and 2000.
- The album comes with a DVD which has a very cool Shynola video for this track as well as a couple of other vids and some live performances.
- The festival continues Saturday with performances from a number of folk musicians including Garnet Rogers, Jacob and Lilly, The Gnomes and Patty McLaughlin.
- It features performances from folk musicians.
- Shortly after the band returned from some performances in Europe on June 27, 1988, Slovak was found dead of a heroin overdose.
- In addition to regular performances in Boston and Tanglewood, they have performed throughout the United States and the Europe.
- As one of the great early jazz drummers, Ballard also was highly sought after for performances and recordings in both the U.S. and Europe.
- Usually performances are danced to a set music and choreography, whereas social dances are danced to changing music and without choreography.
- Performances run June through August in a variety of venues in Los Angeles and Orange County.
- This includes two Grammy nominations and three International Country Music awards and performances at venues such as the Grand Ole Opry and the White House.
- The exhibitions and performances are in venues around Vancouver and most are free.
- In 1951, Monroe opened a country music park at Bean Blossom, IN; over the years, the venue featured performances from a number of bluegrass acts.
- The bridge is lined with more than 30 sculptures and serves as a venue for performances of puppeteers and musicians.
- Straight out of the toxic waste dump to a venue near you, Zug Izland is sure to earn many fans with their stage performances.
- Tours and many performances generated amazement and praise for the young Liszt by audiences, musicians and Kings.
- A ballet company will often rehearse over a series of weeks or months, or season, combining rehearsal schedules with performances or tours.
- Rotating art exhibitions, tours, lectures, films, and performances are part of the program, making this a very strong museum on all fronts.
- Contemporary dance company, classes, out-reach Programs, residencies, performances, tours.
- Culture > Arts > Music > Concerts
- Society > Culture > Arts > Music
- Music > Singing > Vocal Music > Operas
* Ballet Performances
* Best Performances
* Busy Schedule
* Chamber Music
* Cultural Center
* Dance Performances
* First Performances
* Guest Artists
* Kennedy Center
* Music Performances
* Period Instruments
* Solo Recitals
* Spanish Music
* Stage Performances
Books about "Performances" in