Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Pilcrow"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The Pilcrow is a great character to get creative with.
- A pilcrow is a name for the "paragraph" symbol ¶, or reversed P. The etymology of this word is obscure.
- The pilcrow is what most people commonly refer to as the paragraph symbol, or ¶.
- The pilcrow was used in the Middle Ages to mark a new train of thought, before the convention of physically discrete paragraphs was commonplace.
- The pilcrow was used in medieval times to mark a new train of thought, before the convention of using paragraphs was commonplace.
- A pilcrow from the font Gentium, designed by J. Victor Gaultney, 2002.
- The pilcrow character can be added as a visible, printable character on the Windows operating system using the shortcut alt + 0182.
- On a Mac OS computer the pilcrow character can be generated by typing Option + 7.
- The etymology of pilcrow is uncertain.
- Pilcrow | semantic browsing of wikipedia.
- India wrote 2 days ago: Like most punctuation, the paragraph mark (or pilcrow) has an exotic history.
- By this account, the pilcrow is a symbol for a paraph which replaced the paragraphos, which was marked using different symbols, including the section sign.
- By one account, the pilcrow originated as a C, for capitulum (Latin for "chapter").
- Parkes states that the pilcrow is a symbol for a paraph which replaced the paragraphos, which was marked using different symbols, including the section sign.
- The paragraph symbol, the pilcrow, is ¶.
- It is also used as the icon on a class of toolbar button which shows or hides the pilcrow and similar "hidden characters", including tabs, whitespace, and .
- In Unicode, the character is called PILCROW SIGN, and has codepoint U+00B6. The HTML entity for it is ¶.
- In Unicode, the pilcrow sign codepoint is U+00B6. The HTML entity for it is ¶.
- In any case, Pilcrow & Capitulum would make a fine name for a pub .
- In Unicode, the pilcrow sign codepoint is U+00B6. The HTML entity reference for it is --.
- Search Results Pilcrow The pilcrow (--) is commonly called the paragraph sign.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Reference > Symbols
- Culture > Languages > Language > Unicode
- Glossaries > Glossary of Typography /
Books about "Pilcrow" in