Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Planetary System"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- His planetary system was the most advanced of his period and was used extensively until the development of the heliocentric model.
- In some ways, this planetary system seems to be a scaled-up version of our solar system orbiting a larger and brighter star.
- The Pluto-Charon system is noteworthy for being the only planetary system in the solar system whose barycenter lies above the planet's surface.
- Until recently, the solar system was the only known example of a planetary system, although it was widely believed that other comparable systems did exist.
- Aleksander Wolszczan, who discovered the first planetary system outside our solar system.
- In fact, it is the first planetary system found outside our local neighborhood - the Orion spiral arm that contains the Sun.
- Scientists had previously assumed that these particles from interstellar space could easily penetrate the planetary system over the poles of the Sun.
- Results from simulations of planetary formation support the idea that a randomly chosen stable planetary system will likely statisfy a Titius-Bode law.
- It is impossible to give any idea of the interest with which the first additions since prehistoric times to the planetary system were received.
- The Corick linea is associated with the planetary system of Jupiter.[ citation needed] It is located with the latitude of 17.8 and longitude of 18.3.
- This has provided a good overall understanding of the formation and evolution of this planetary system, although many new discoveries are still being made.
- Because planetesimals are so numerous, and spread throughout the protoplanetary disk, some survive the formation of a planetary system.
- From the Sun at its warm heart, out to the cold, bleak expanse of Pluto, our planetary system is a remarkable place.
- However, although astronomers have a good understanding of the formation and evolution of this planetary system, new discoveries are still being made.
- However, until at least the mid-seventeenth century, Tycho's model of the planetary system was that favoured by most astronomers.
- Scientists are finally preparing to send a spacecraft to Pluto and the Kuiper Belt, the last unexplored region of our planetary system.
- The two spacecraft will not make a close approach to another planetary system for at least 40,000 years.
- This high "metallicity" is thought to have been crucial in the Sun's developing a planetary system, because planets form from accretion of metals.
- The lack of dust close to the star is the first indication that a planetary system is hiding in the hole.
- The star at the centre of the "Flying Saucer", seems destined to live a long and quiet life at the centre of a planetary system, very much like our own Sun.
- For other systems, see Planetary system and Star system.
- In the second volume applications to the rotation of earth and moon, to artificial earth satellites and to the planetary system are presented.
- The planetary system has three planets, including one terrestrial planet 6-8 times the mass of Earth.
- It is the largest of its planetary system 's terrestrial planets and the only place in the universe known to currently support life.
- Nicolaus Copernicus is famous for having developed the theory that the sun, not the earth, was at the center of the planetary system.
- To find out, lets take a vastly simplified look at the birth of our star, the Sun, and the formation of its planetary system.
- He could readily accept the Sun as the centre of the planetary system, but the necessity of rejecting circular orbits came as something of a shock.
- This artist's conception shows the closest known planetary system to our own, called Epsilon Eridani.
- This brings the total number of known planets around this star to six, the most yet discovered in a planetary system outside of our own.
- Guide to our planetary system with pictures and descriptions of all planets, including statistical data.
- Planetary orbits Within a planetary system; planet s, dwarf planet s, asteroid s (a.k.a.
- Planetary orbits Within a planetary system, planet s, asteroid s, comet s and space debris orbit the central star in elliptical orbit s.
- This brings the total number of known planets around this star to six, the most yet discovered in a planetary system other than our own solar system.
- Explanation: Astronomers have discovered a planetary system more similar to our own Solar System than any known previously.
- The star has 1.5 times the mass of the Sun, and hosts a planetary system that resembles a scaled-up model of our own Solar System.
- T Tauri is the prototype of a class of young variable stars, and its planetary system is the prototype of a class of planetary systems.
- By studying our own planetary system, planetary scientists gain insight into the general mechanisms that determine the structure of planetary systems.
- Within a planetary system; planets, dwarf planets, asteroids (a.k.a.
- The Solar System in Pictures - Quizzes and images about all the bodies of our planetary system.
- For many years, the solar system had the only planetary system known, and so theories of planetary formation only had to explain one system to be plausible.
- The Solar System has now been relatively well-studied, and a good overall understanding of the formation and evolution of this planetary system exists.
- The Solar System - Detailed guide to the sun and planetary system, asteroids, comets, meteor hits on Earth and the other planets.
- Within a planetary system, planets, asteroids, comets and space debris orbit the central star in elliptical orbits.
- Bodies which are gravitationally bound to one of the planets in a planetary system, either natural or artificial satellites, follow orbits about that planet.
- Dwarf Planet
- Universe > Galaxies > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System
- Planetary Systems
- Planetary Orbits
- Central Star
Books about "Planetary System" in