Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Platelet Aggregation"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Platelet aggregation is a predominantly physical process, whereby platelets clump together, and coagulation is a cascade of biochemical enzyme reactions.
- Platelet aggregation was greater in hypercholesterolemia than in normocholesterolemia before treatment and was altered by fluvastatin.
- Platelet aggregation was determined at baseline and after 15 days of treatment.
- Platelet aggregation is increased in patients with MS, while fibrinogen levels remain similar to controls.
- B, Platelet aggregation was significantly reduced after treatment with fluvastatin but not with colestimide.
- Platelet activation is accompanied by platelet shape change, release of cytoplasmic granule constituents, and platelet aggregation to form a platelet plug.
- The glycoprotein IIb-IIIa receptors also bind fibrinogen, and fibrinogen bridges between platelets result in platelet aggregation.
- It causes a time and dose-dependent inhibition of platelet aggregation and release of platelet factors, as well as a prolongation of bleeding time.
- An inhibitory effect of policosanol on platelet aggregation and cerebral ischemia in animal models has been reported.
- Dipyridamole is a drug that inhibits platelet aggregation and causes vasodilation.
- Inhibition of smoking-induced platelet aggregation by aspirin and pycnogenol.
- A plasma inhibitor of platelet aggregation in patients with Argentine hemorrhagic fever.
- The results were expressed as the percent changes in nitrotyrosine-specific staining of platelets by ADP-induced platelet aggregation in each group.
- Platelet aggregation: The clumping together of platelets in the blood.
- Patients on aspirin have an increased bleeding time and defective platelet aggregation.
- Guava leaf extract did not affect bleeding times, it stimulated vasoconstriction and platelet aggregation but it inhibited blood coagulation.
- Anti-platelet drugs: Anti-platelet drugs, also called platelet aggregation inhibitors, have been used to prevent platelets from forming clots.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone inhibits human platelet aggregation in vitro and in vivo.
- Another target of pharmacologic intervention in coagulation involving platelets is the role of GPIIb-GPIIIa in fibrinogen-induced platelet aggregation.
- The shear stress and the agonists in the membrane activate platelets, leading to platelet aggregation.
- Normalization of hyperhomocysteinemia with vitamin B(12) and reduction of platelet aggregation with n-3 fatty acids.
- Chong BH, Burgess J, Ismail F. The clinical usefulness of the platelet aggregation test for the diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Inhibition of platelet aggregation is detected within 2 days of administration with 250 mg b.i.d.
- Isenhart CE, Brandt JT. Platelet aggregation studies for the diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Platelet aggregation inhibitors include aspirin, green tea, ginkgo, garlic, and vitamin E (Bossavy et al.
- Diabetes also impairs platelets function therefore resulting in platelet aggregation.
- This response involves two intertwined processes: platelet aggregation and coagulation.
- Platelet aggregation and therefore thrombosis is accelerated in patients with elevated triglyceride levels.
- Defective platelet aggregation and increased resistance to thrombosis in purinergic P2Y(1) receptor-null mice.
- There was no significant difference in fibrinogen and fibrinopeptide A levels, nor in 'in vitro' tests of platelet aggregation between the groups.
- The change in resistance between the electrodes which takes place during platelet aggregation appears not to result from e.g.
- Obstruction of the vessel lumen can result from platelet adhesion (platelet buildup in damaged vessel lining) or platelet aggregation.
- With injury to a blood vessel, two processes occur: platelet aggregation and coagulation.
- Ristocetin induces platelet aggregation by inducing von Willebrand protein binding to the platelet GP Ib complex.
- Platelet aggregation in this type of thrombophlebitis usually can be decreased with anti-inflammatory medications.
- This result suggests that hypercholesterolemia causes decreased NO-dependent inhibition of platelet aggregation due to reduced NO utilization.
- These metabolites in turn activate the thromboxane receptor, and this predisposes these individuals towards platelet aggregation and thrombosis (clotting).
- Fibrin, in conjunction with the platelet aggregation, forms a mesh at the clot site.
- Argatroban had no influence on chromogenic protein C measurement, batroxobin time and induced platelet aggregation.
- Platelet aggregation can contribute to cardiovascular disease which is the number one cause of death in the western world.
- Policosanol more effectively reduced platelet aggregation than did Pravastatin, another important risk factor in cardiovascular disease.
- Fifteen minutes after the injury, platelet aggregation and thrombus formation are observed.
- An antiplatelet drug is a member of a class of pharmaceuticals that decreases platelet aggregation and inhibits thrombus formation.
- Thrombin is the most potent platelet activator, which leads to platelet aggregation and the development of blood clots.
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of multiple platelet proteins is stimulated by thrombin and other agonists that cause platelet aggregation and secretion.
- For complete and reliable suppression of thrombus formation simultaneous administration of thrombin and platelet aggregation inhibitors is necessary.
- The processes of clot formation and platelet aggregation terminate when stimuli for clot formation dissipate.
- Healthy endothelial function promotes vasodilation and inhibits platelet aggregation (clot formation).
- The delay between triggering and activation helps explain a decrease in platelet aggregation at higher flow rates.
- They affect platelet aggregation, blood coagulation, fibrinolysis, complement system, blood pressure and nervous system.
- The process of platelet aggregation and blood coagulation are summarized in Figures 541 and 542.
- Fibrinogen strongly affects blood coagulation, blood rheology and platelet aggregation.
- Treatment with aspirin has become common because of its positive effects on platelet aggregation.
- The document's authors said Vioxx might reduce the production of a substance called prostacyclin, which prevents platelet aggregation.
- Etoricoxib did not interfere with the antiplatelet effects of low-dose ASA, as assessed by serum TXB2 and platelet aggregation.
- Assessments of lipid profile, platelet aggregation tests, safety indicators and adverse events were performed.
- Policosanol also decreases arachidonic acid and collagen-induced platelet aggregation.
- Effects of penicillin G on platelet aggregation, release and adherence to collagen.
- Effects of acute, moderate alcohol consumption on human platelet aggregation in platelet-rich plasma and whole blood.
- Barrie SA, Wright JV, Pizzorno JE. Effects of garlic on platelet aggregation, serum lipids and blood pressure in humans.
- Tocotrienols were shown to cause a decrease in thromboxane levels in humans by 20 - 26% and a decrease in platelet aggregation.
- Treatment > Diagnosis > Blood Tests > Bleeding Time
- Healthy Volunteers
* Bleeding Time
* Coagulation Time
* Healthy Volunteers
* Von Willebrand Factor
Books about "Platelet Aggregation" in