Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Player"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The player is lacrosse legend and former league MVP Gary Gait, who wants to get back on the field this season for the Rochester Knighthawks.
- A player is allowed to shuffle his hand before offering it to the player on his left.
- A player is given two attempts to serve the ball over the net into the service area.
- A player is not committing an offside offence if the player receives the ball directly from a throw-in, goal kick or corner kick.
- A player is not permitted to go out, however, unless there's at least one canasta (or at least two canastas, as in default game option.
- After 13 seasons as a player in the NBA, including three championships with the Boston Celtics, Larry Bird returned to Indiana to coach the Pacers in 1997.
- Larry Bird is a professional basketball player who was 12 times NBA All-Star.
- Even though Larry Bird is a great player, you have to go with Magic Johnson.
- Agassi is the only men's player in history to have both won all four Grand Slam singles titles and an Olympic gold medal in men's singles.
- He was the first player to win all four Grand Slam singles titles, though not all in the same year.
- He enjoyed an incredible career that involved winning all four Grand Slam singles titles in 1938, and became the first player to ever do that.
- Monica won the first set 6-0(first time at the US Open a player won 6-0 against Graf) but she lost the match in three sets.
- Graf won 22 Grand Slam singles titles, more than any other player - male or female - has won since the start of the open era.
- Seles is the only player who beat Graf 3 times in grand slam finals.
- Agassi is the only male player in the Open Era to have won every Grand Slam singles title, the Masters, the Davis Cup and the Olympic Gold medal.
- Only player in history, man or woman, to have defended all the 4 Grand Slam singles title at least once.
- Navratilova was the first player to win a Grand Slam singles title with a large (90 square inch) graphite racquet.
- Women Steffi Graf Most Grand Slam singles titles in Open Era: 22 Only player who has won four singles titles at each Grand Slam tournament.
- Court won 24 Grand Slam singles titles, more than any other player.
- Widely considered to be the greatest tennis player of all time, Federer has won 16 Grand Slam singles titles, more than any other male player.
- No U.S. player made it to the semifinal round of any Grand Slam event until Andy Roddick surged to the U.S. Open final.
- Graf remained the top ranked player at the end of 1990, even though she did not win a Grand Slam event after the blackmail scandal broke.
- This was only the eighth time in history that a player beat the world's top two ranked players in a Grand Slam event.
- In general the ball may only deliberately be raised using a hit if the player is shooting at the goal.
- Upon hitting another ball, the player must play his next shot with the two balls touching; the "Croquet Stroke", from which the game takes its name.
- The ball cannot be held by a player for more than three seconds at any time, and players may not tap the ball to themselves more than once ("replay").
- The libero remains in the game at all times and is the only player not limited by rules of rotation.
- She has player two years on the University of Manitoba Women 's volleyball team as a libero.
- Carlos Teixeira (born March 11, 1976) is a volleyball player from Portugal, who plays as a libero for the Men's National Team.
- Deke A deke is a fake by a player in possession of the puck in order to get around an opponent or to make a goalie move out of position.
- A coach can give the player an evaluation of how his or her opponent is playing, and some suggested tactics that might turn the match in his or her favor.
- Use your mouse to throw the ball, if an opponent catches the ball, your player is out and one opponent comes back in.
- Each player begins the game with 16 pieces: eight pawns, two knights, two bishops, two rooks, one queen and one king with each kind of piece moving uniquely.
- Each player has sixteen pieces in the beginning of the game: one king, one queen, two rooks, two bishops, two knights, and eight pawns.
- At the start, each player ("white" and "black") controls sixteen pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns.
- There is a variation called Three in One in which before the stops part, each player selects 5 cards from their hand and plays a game of Poker with them.
- Carte Blanche: if a player has no face cards or spades in their hand, then they may declare Carte Blanche, which is worth 10 points.
- A hand of cards were dealt to each player at the beginning of the game.
- I am creating a card game, and at the end of the game if the player wants to replay the game, I want my cards to shuffle.
- How to play: Shuffle the deck and deal 13 cards to each player.
- Either player may shuffle, with the dealer having the right to shuffle last, and the opponent then cuts the pack.
- By the end of the season, he had been named Player of the Year, Top Rookie, and Top Scorer- the first QMJHL player to earn all three honours at once.
- The game can also end if the player is able to get all the way to level 15.
- At the end of the first 8 matches the player is rewarded a Chaos Emerald, meaning there are 8 Chaos Emeralds total in this game.
- At the end of the third level, the game ends immediately and bids the player to try the game again at the normal difficulty.
- The game ends when one player manages to wind the ball all the way around the pole so that it is stopped by the rope.
- The game ends when a player or team reaches a specified score, or when the time limit has been reached.
- Mixed strategy Nash equilibria are equilibria where at least one player is playing a mixed strategy.
- In the theory of games a player is said to use a mixed strategy whenever he or she chooses to randomize over the set of available actions.
- Matthew Sadler (born February 26, 1985 in Solihull, England) is an English football player who currently plays for Birmingham City F.C. as a defender.
- A badminton player since the age of four, Emms was first chosen to represent England in 1995, and has regularly played for her country ever since.
- Terence Frederick 'Terry' Venables (born 6 January 1943 in Dagenham, England), often referred to as ' El Tel', is a former football player and manager.
- Brian Clough (March 21, 1935–September 20, 2004), football player and football manager, who won the European Cup as manager of Nottingham Forest.
- Martin O'Neil is the football manager who made his name as a player as part of Nottingham Forest 'Golden Era'.
- Glenn Hoddle (born October 27, 1957 in Hayes, London) is a football manager and former player for Tottenham Hotspur and England.
- Anyone who watched him during his time at Madrid must have been puzzled that he was once Player of the Year.
- It is like when Ronaldo, the most fit player at Real Madrid, got injured.
- It's an unbelievable number, but will net Read Madrid another star player to add to their stables.
- Star player, Zlatan Ibrahimovich, looked as hard working as Dimitar Berbatov ever was while Patrick Vieira didn't look like the player he once was.
- While the team was suspended, their star player, Joe Malone, played for the Montreal Canadiens.
- Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema all star player in one team, building their Galactico again.
- The ruggedly muscular Roche was the only player with a winning record over Laver (5-3) for the year.
- For this achievement, Laver is considered by many tennis fans to be the greatest player of all time.
- Every big-time rivalry in tennis has had a dominant player: Laver over Rosewall, Borg over Connors, Sampras over Agassi.
- Lou Brock is the only player in the history of Major League Baseball to have an award named in his honor while still an active player.
- Despite the loss, Nadal remains the only active player with a winning record (8-5) against Federer after five matches or more.
- In fact, there was no time when Ethiopia was not an active player in history to a lesser or greater degree.
- He was the second player in NHL history to score 50 goals in one season, the first being teammate Maurice Richard.
- He also became the second player in NHL history to score a hat trick in the same game in a 10-2 win over Boston.
- He was the youngest player in NHL history, at 19 years of age, to score a goal in the Stanley Cup finals.
- The goalie is the most important player on the team and they cost more than player respectively.
- Ron Francis - The most important player in Whalers history, Ron Francis finished his quiet career as the 4th highest scorer in NHL history.
- Their current manager is Martin Foyle – the previous manager of the Port Vale youth team – as well as being an important player for the club in the past.
- A player who wins all four Grand Slam tournaments and the Olympic Gold Medal during his or her career is said to have achieved a Career Golden Slam.
- He is one of only five male players to have won all four Grand Slam singles titles and the only male player to have won a career Golden Slam.
- Before retiring he became the only male player to achieve the Career Golden Slam.
- Gary Gait, now the women's lacrosse coach at Syracuse University, tallied 596 goals in 15 seasons before retiring as a player following the 2005 season.
- After retiring as a player in 2000 he started working as a coach in HC Slavia Prague and in 2002-03 season his team won the Czech Extraliga.
- After retiring as a player, she became a coach and before her death donated all her equipment to the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Only player to have won both Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in the same year for three consecutive years (2004-2006).
- This is more titles than any other player except Roger Federer who surpassed this record at Wimbledon in 2009.
- At the Wimbledon that year, she lost to the 81st ranked player in the world, failing to convert match points and weeping on court.
- As such, each player plays doubles and singles over the course of a match, with the singles player always serving.
- A singles player or doubles team that wins all four Grand Slam tournaments in the same year is said to have achieved the "Grand Slam".
- At the apex of her career in 2001 when she was a top 30 singles player and the top doubles player in the world, she was diagnosed with leukemia.
- He became youngest player to score for Canada's world juniors team when he had a goal at the championships at age 16 years, 4 months, 24 days.
- In 1989, Capriati became the youngest player to win the French Open junior singles title at the age of 13 years and 2 months.
- She then defeated Chris again that year to become the youngest player to win the U.S. Open at the age of 16 years and nine months.
- White Plains resident GM Hikaru Nakamura is the top player of his age in the world.
- That didn't matter a bit when it came time to pick the Conn Smythe winner that honors the top player in the postseason.
- Strictly from FIDE ratings, Kasparov is far and away the top player in all of history.
- In tennis, a singles player or doubles team is said to have achieved the Grand Slam if they succeed in winning all these four titles in the same year.
- There are also other milestones a player can achieve to attain the title, such as winning the World Junior Championship.
- That player was Marcelo Rios who won five and is incidentally the only male player to rank number one without winning a Grand Slam.
- In 2005, Johnny Chan made history when he became the first player to ever win 10 World Series of Poker bracelets.
- By 2005 Brunson had accumulated ten WSOP bracelets, which along with Johnny Chan is more than any other player in the history of the WSOP.
- Johnny Chan is a professional poker player also known as "Oriental Express".
- First and foremost, Clijsters was a soccer player who led a modest club, Mechelen, to the last major European trophy any Belgian team has won in 20 years.
- The last one exploit of the soccer player of the Real Madrid, Guti, has made to storcere the nose to the tifosi.
- During a badminton competition, players will drain more stamina compared to a soccer player.
- For the football (soccer) player, see Chris Moore (soccer player).
- Instead of reclaiming the ball, the soccer player opted to leave it there in order to avoid disturbing the elves.
- He is also the soccer player with best rate of goal by game.
- Sampras later stated his satisfaction at merely making the U.S. Open final that year as motivation to work harder and become an even better tennis player.
- He is ranked consistently as the number two tennis player in the world since July 2005, next only to Roger Federer.
- Again, only one title(Wimbledon) was missing to get the top goal for any tennis player: the Grand Slam.
- Also by being the only Female Tennis player to have a double bagel over a top 3 player.
- She was ranked the number one female tennis player in the world in 1952, 1953, and 1954.
- ANTA is the first Chinese sports brand to align with a world number one female tennis player as part of their vision to grow its presence in tennis.
- But Federer also noted that Agassi "has done a lot for tennis, both as a player and as a human being".
- Agassi and Sampras never had a player dominate as thoroughly as Nadal did at one point in 2008.
- Agassi is a tremendous player, but it would be silly even to compare him to Sampras, the greatest ever player he is from another world.
- The player from Sueca became very soon the banner of the team and up until his retirement, he was a key player in the club.
- It was the first and it was the enabling technology that propelled software into the limelight as a key player in the world of digital electronics design.
- While at Flamengo, Zico was a key player during the most glorious period of the team's history.
- Todd Bertuzzi (born February 2, 1975 in Sudbury, Ontario) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player for the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League.
- Cornelius Bumpus (January 13, 1946 - February 3, 2004) was a woodwind, keyboard player and vocalist from Santa Cruz, California.
- Lanny King McDonald (born February 16, 1953 in Hanna, Alberta, Canada) is a retired professional ice hockey player and a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Lorenzo Bernardi, volleyball player for the Italian national team who was declared "Player of the century" by an international jury.
- Tian Jia (simplified Chinese: 田佳, born February 9, 1981 in Tianjin) is a female Chinese professional beach volleyball player.
- Christoph Dieckmann (born January 7, 1976 in Bonn) is a male beach volleyball player from Germany.
- Ray Harford (June 1, 1945 - August 9, 2003) was an English footballer, better known for his successes as a coach and manager than as a player.
- On 8 March 2006 he was also honoured by UEFA for his contributions to the European Cup Competition throughout his career as player and manager.
- Cyril Washbrook was at the heart of Lancashire cricket for 30 years, first as a player and groundbreaking professional captain, then as manager.
- In 1968 he finally retired as a player and became coach of the Rangers, a position he kept for less than a season due to stomach problems.
- For a third successive season, Lalonde would act as player and coach for the team, while George "Kennedy" Kendall would remain it's manager.
- After retiring as a player, Laperriere took on the position of coach of the Montreal Juniors prior to the 1975-76 season.
- He was forced to miss the French Open, marking the first time that any player had missed a Grand Slam tournament due to suspension.
- Nadal is the only player in the open era to have won the French Open, the London Queen's club, and Wimbledon in the same year.
- He is best remembered for winning the French Open in 1976, and for being the only player to ever beat Björn Borg at Roland Garros.
- He is the number two tennis player in Finland, right behind countryman Jarkko Nieminen and as of April 14th, 2006 is the 716th ranked player in the world.
- Söderling is the first and only tennis player to defeat Rafael Nadal in the French Open.
- I did this not because I like Nadal - I don't, and I revere Federer the tennis player - and not because I think I know a lot about tennis, I certainly don't.
- He admitted blackmailing the player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, between March 1 and April 3 this year.
- Dave Sexton (born April 6, 1930 in Islington, London) was an English football manager and player.
- Larry Courville (born April 2, 1975 in Timmins, Ontario) was a professional ice hockey player who spent parts of three seasons in the National Hockey League.
- June 20, 1974 in Scarborough, Ontario) is a lacrosse player for the Rochester Knighthawks of the National Lacrosse League.
- April 1, 1981 in Toronto, Ontario) is a lacrosse player for the Minnesota Swarm in the National Lacrosse League.
- January 30, 1985 in Kitchener, Ontario) is a lacrosse player for the Toronto Rock in the National Lacrosse League.
- But as exciting a player as Larry Bird was, DRIVE:THE STORY OF MY LIFE is boring, and just another life story by an athlete on his way out.
- The player can choose to either be Liu Bang or Xiang Yu and the story is set in a five-year timespan, in accordance with the historical timeline.
- Each player is able to read the story as it progresses, watch in-game cutscenes, and interact with game characters just like they could in single player.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Life > Game
- Nature > Life > Game > Players
- People > Age > People > Team
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Places > World
* Best Player
* First Player
* Greatest Player
* Great Player
* Player Character
* Player Game
* Professional Tennis Player
* Single Player Mode
* Team Player
Books about "Player" in