Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Pliny The Elder"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Pliny_the_Elder: an imaginative 19c portrait.
- Pliny the Elder: an imaginative 19th Century portrait.
- Pliny the Elder is a double IPA. I'm a big fan of IPAs and DIPAs.
- Pliny_the_Elder was an important writer and encyclopaedist, and authority on science.
- Pliny the Elder is a great double IPA, one i desperately miss on the east coast.
- Pliny_the_Elder 's great work, the Natural History, was written during Vespasian's reign, and dedicated to Vespasian's son Titus.
- Another condition seems to have been 'that the Romans were only to use iron for agriculture' ( Pliny_the_Elder, Natural history 34.134).
Pliny The Elder
- The history of Nero by Pliny_the_Elder ( c.
- In addition, there were major works for this period by Cluvius Rufus, Fabius Rusticus and Pliny_the_Elder, but they have not survived.
- For more information on Pliny_the_Elder, visit Britannica.com.
- The histories and treatises of Pliny_the_Elder were prepared.
- It is possible that Pliny the Elder was wrong, you know.
- Vesuvius in 79 AD, which was described in a letter written by Pliny the Younger and which killed Pliny_the_Elder.
- Vesuvius in A.D. 79 the Roman fleet under the command of Pliny_the_Elder was stationed across the Bay of Naples at Misenum.
- Vesuvius in A.D. 79 the Roman fleet under the command of Pliny the Elder was stationed across the Bay of Naples at Misenum.
- Pliny's uncle, Pliny the Elder, helped raise and educate him and they were both witnesses to the eruption of Vesuvius on August 24th, 79 AD.
- Suetonius, another anti-Nero historian, also mentions it (although he mentions nothing of Christians) and Pliny_the_Elder mentions it in passing.
- The only other historian who lived through the period and mentioned the fire is Pliny_the_Elder who wrote about it in passing.
- Birth of the Roman historian Pliny_the_Elder, in the town of Novum Comum, in Italy.
- Gaius Plinius Secundus, ( 23 - 79) better known as Pliny_the_Elder, an ancient important author and scientist who wrote Naturalis Historia.
- Gaius Plinius Secundas (Pliny_the_Elder) was a Roman official and military officer who also wrote as a naturalist, biographer and historian.
- Very little is known about him save for snippets of information left behind in works by Seneca, Tacitus, Pliny the Elder and others.
- Seneca the Younger refers to "adulterers admitted in droves" ; Pliny the Elder calls her an “exemplum licentiae” (NH 21.9).
Books about "Pliny The Elder" in