Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Political Theory"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A political theory is an ethical theory about the law and government.
- Anarchist political theory is perhaps one of the most neglected traditions in contemporary political science.
- It provides a good introduction to social choice theory and the problems it raises for political theory.
- Two-level game theory - Two-level game theory is a political theory based on game theory first articulated by Robert Putnam.
- The iron law of oligarchy is a political theory, first developed by the German syndicalist sociologist Robert Michels in his 1911 book, Political Parties.
- The central function of the ruler or Sultan in Ottoman political theory was to guarantee justice ('adala in Arabic) in the land.
- In political theory, there has been discussion of virtue politics, and in legal theory, there is a small but growing literature on virtue jurisprudence.
- In ethics, political theory, and the arts, reality is often contrasted with what is ideal.
- Anarchists, far from ignoring "human nature," have the only political theory that gives this concept deep thought and reflection.
- Often the term "political theory" refers to a general view, or specific ethic, political belief or attitude, about politics.
- The Golden Light Sutra (Suvarnaprabhasottama), popular in Japan, includes teachings on political theory.
- Unlike the Emperor of Japan, Chinese political theory allowed for a change in dynasty and an emperor could be replaced by a rebel leader.
- This research will examine the concept of nationalism, and then discuss how nationalism as a political theory can be applied to the United States.
- The political theory they created, namely Marxism, became the chief advocate of communism in the modern world.
- Anarchism: The political theory that aims to create a society absent of all forms of authority, particularly those involving domination and exploitation.
- Secondly, dictionary definitions cannot capture the ins and outs of a political theory or its ideas on wider subjects.
- Anarchism is the political theory that advocates the abolition of all forms of government.
- Nonetheless this book is quite generally quite convicing and is thus valuable reading for students of political theory and nationalism alike.
- I have never seen a book that better melds political theory, constitutional theory, and the Founding period.
- The fifth Book of The Faerie Queene, the Book of Justice, is Spenser's most direct discussion of political theory.
- He commissioned and refereed the entries on Aristotle's ethics, logic, mathematics, metaphysics, political theory, psychology, and rhetoric.
- Martin O'Neill is a political philosopher, based at the Centre for Political Theory in the Department of Politics at the University of Manchester.
- Utilitarianism can be the basis of a political theory as well as a moral theory.
- An articulate and prolific writer of political theory, Gramsci proved a formidable commentator, writing on all aspects of Turin's social and political life.
- This thesis explores contemporary anarchism, in its re-emergence as a social movement and political theory over the past decade.
- Science is a fairy tale, you know, economics is a fairy tale, political theory a fairy tale - nobody has the faintest idea what's going on.
- David Friedman holds a Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Chicago, although he is mostly known for his work in political theory and economics.
- Communist) regimes, but in most cases of dictatorship apply their stated constitutional models in name only and not in political theory or practice.
- Leninism is a political theory and practice of the dictatorship of the proletariat, led by a revolutionary vanguard party.
- Interdisciplinary approach includes philosophy, literature, art, political theory, science, economic thought, religion, and music.
- It provided a comprehensive curriculum, including such subjects as astronomy, biology, mathematics, political theory, and philosophy.
- This book will appeal to scholars and students of the sociology of law, jurisprudence, social and political theory, and social and political philosophy.
- John Finnis teaches in jurisprudence, jurisprudence and political theory, and constitutional Law.
- In addition to a biographical introduction, they cover themes in philosophy, religion, political theory, psychology, and ethics.
- Collectivism in political theory can depend on altruism in ethics.
- It shaped their discussions of metaphysics, moral psychology, normative and applied ethics and political theory.
- Anarchism is a socio-economic and political theory, but not an ideology.
- Rather than being an ideology of the petit-bourgeois anarchism is, in fact, a political theory of the working class (both artisans and proletariat).
- Republicanism and Political Theory is the first book to offer a comprehensive and critical survey of republican political theory.
- As in criminology, so in moral philosophy and political theory, the typical subject is generally seen as an autonomous, rational, calculating individual.
- Sets out the relationship between political theory and criminology.
- Communications is interdisciplinary, drawing on literary and screen theory, social and political theory, media and cultural studies.
- Program offerings include courses in history, philosophy, literature, languages, social and political theory, the arts, archaeology, and rhetoric.
- Political theory involves the study of normative questions of government, ideology, regimes, movements, and the history of political philosophy.
- Besides philosophy, Sidgwick wrote on education, literature, political theory, the history of political institutions, and psychical research.
- The study of law and governance is multidisciplinary, including sociology, political science, political theory, international relations, psychology, and law.
- Subfields of political science include international relations, comparative politics, public law, and political theory.
- It reflects on the relationship between international relations and political theory, linking this to the study of European integration.
- Stalinism as political theory "Stalinism", strictly speaking, refers to an interpretation of a style of government, rather than an ideology per se.
- Anarchism, therefore, is a political theory that aims to create a society which is without political, economic or social hierarchies.
- However, this fails to appreciate that anarchism is a political theory, not a dictionary definition.
- Secondly, even if the expression means what the critics claim it does, it does not refute anarchism as a political theory.
- However, "anarchism" and "anarchy" are undoubtedly the most misrepresented ideas in political theory.
- Anarchism is a political theory which aims to create anarchy, "the absence of a master, of a sovereign." [P-J Proudhon, What is Property, p.
- In addition, some prefer the name because anarchy is often equated with chaos and can be a confusing word to use in political theory.
- Stalinism is a brand of political theory, and the political and economic system implemented by Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union.
- Collections include art, architecture, drama, fiction, poetry, history, political theory, cultural studies, philosophy, women's studies and music.
- For this reason partisans of adult and popular education as well as of Marxist and political theory consider Gramsci an important voice to this day.
- Movements > Political Movements > Anarchism > Anarchy
- Politics > Government > Communism > Stalinism
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Political Philosophy
- Society > Movements > Political Movements > Anarchism
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Politics > International Relations
Books about "Political Theory" in