Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Polling"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Polling is a supplement to discussion.
- Polling was conducted September 1-4 with a nationwide representative sample of 1,150 Iraqi adults.
- The polling was high in Sinhalese and Muslim areas while an average of 45-50% votes were registered in Tamil areas.
- The polling is being held two years after street protests forced King Gyanendra to cede power and brought the Maoists out of the jungle.
- While polling is under (well-deserved) scrutiny lately, statistics aren't needed to indicate how risky some of Bill Clinton's choices have been.
- ALAPPUZHA: Polling to the two Lok Sabha constituencies of Alappuzha and Mavelikara in the district passed peacefully without any major untoward incident.
- There should be regulations on the minimum number of polling places, election officials and voting machine s per voter in a district.
- While a Java™ applet could theoretically carry out repeated polling to ascertain the presence of remote control inputs, such a method can be problematic.
- On the basis of polling you could pick your marginal seats and thus keep your tweaking to a bare minimum.
- In 2002 citizens elected President Azali Assoumani in polling that international observers described as free and fair.
- Polling throughout 2004 and into 2005 consistently showed Spitzer defeating three-term incumbent Republican Governor George Pataki in theoretical matchups.
- An endpoint DNS consists of an AIP and a source DNS. The source DNS implements the polling mechanism which communicates with other DNSs as a hub for polling.
- In some areas, generally those where some polling centres are relatively inaccessible, such as India, elections often take several days.
- Internal polling suggests that at best, we are taking 70-75% of these voters.
- Polling as we know it today began in 1936, when a young statistician named George Gallup conducted the first poll using statistical modeling.
- The reason is a new poll out of Ohio, where Public Policy Polling now shows the race dead-even at 45-45.
- George Gallup (1901-1984) was a pioneer in the field of public opinion polling.
- Many voters, out of habit, reported to polling locations that were no longer theirs.
- Through this program, the Montgomery County Board of Elections is able to fulfill its obligation of providing maximum coverage at each polling location.
- Of course that doesn't explain the man who showed up at a polling site this morning in Orlando wanting to vote, Cowles conceded.
- Even with the increase, Tremblay said that insurgents do not have the ability to widely disrupt voting at the country's 6,500 or so polling sites.
- We demand that all new democracies grant unhindered access to polling sites for international observers, but only one of our 50 states (Missouri) does that.
- Polling officers are often asked to help illiterate voters cast their votes, which can lead to vote rigging.
- Madhav Kumar Nepal cast his vote along with his father and son at a polling center in Koteshwor in Kathmandu District.
- GHAZNI PROVINCE, Afghanistan--Young voters in Deh Yak District here wait their turn to enter the polling center and cast their vote Sept.
- In Chajul, Quiche two elderly women were crushed to death in line when voters pressed in to the late to open polling center.
- In one Baghdad neighborhood, relatives who had just lost a family member in a bombing walked down to the polling booth to vote.
- The Nepali Congress (NC) cadres attempted to capture a polling booth in a constituency in Siraha District.
- Then you reward and punish at the polling booth in the next election.
- If they really got 3,000 signatures, it means that Mr. Roy will get at least 3,000 votes on polling day.
- The Presiding Officer with the assistance of polling officers conducts the poll at a polling station.
- All voters receive their personal ballot by mail and may either cast it at a polling station or mail it back.
- A secret ballot, the standard way to protect voters' political privacy, generally takes place at a polling station.
- Voting in the pilots was carried out on voting machines in the polling stations using touch screens.
- On election day, a statistically significant number of voting machines can be randomly selected from polling locations and used for testing.
- Zogby International is constantly searching, testing and measuring hypotheses and principles on polling and public opinion research.
- The Control Unit is with the Presiding Officer or a Polling Officer and the Balloting Unit is placed inside the voting compartment.
- The Device Driver Organization section described a device driver that relied on polling to clear the receive DMA ring.
- Such arrangements usually require a polling mechanism under the control of a master station to ensure that only one device transmits at a time.
- Over the summer, Libertarian Bob Barr was polling at 6% in two consecutive polls by Zogby.
- Quota sampling is a method of sampling widely used in opinion polling and market research.
- George Gallup in Hollywoodis a fascinating look at the film industry's use of opinion polling in the 1930s and '40s.
- Alaska: Tony Knowles lost by nearly 3% after staying in a statistical dead heat with incumbent Lisa Murkowski in opinion polling throughout the summer.
- Opinion polling and survey sampling provide well known examples of this type of research.
- Although Mr. Romney's December speech was well-received by political pundits, it did little to move his polling numbers.
- Opinion polling and independent economic research in Iceland has revealed little or no appetite for whale meat, IFAW points out.
- Without the AP performing the polling, you don't acutally solve this so called "hidden node" problem.
- Foreign jihadists, on the other hand, tried to disrupt the voting in Sunni areas by violence, including an attack on a polling center in Ramad.
- Polling day passed without major violence, prompting American commanders and Afghan politicians to write off the Taliban as a fading force.
- In 1878 he joined a colony of American painters established by Frank Duveneck in Polling, Bavaria.
- They should be aware of ethical issues associated with polling and surveys and in the summarization of the outcomes of statistical studies.
- Surveys of human populations and institutions are common in political polling and government, health, social science and marketing research.
- Polling centres in Sydney and Victoria opened at 7am (AEDT) for nearly 12,000 Iraqi expatriates who have registered to vote.
- The official campaign lasts at least two weeks from the drawing up of the list of nominated candidates, and officially ends 48 hours before polling closes.
- Publius allows you to view your ballot, polling location, and find out about candidates.
- Polling, public and private, suggests Novick could well pull the upset in Tuesday's primary.
- I haven't seen any public or internal polling on this race.
- Election Commission (EC) officials said that polling might resume in some of these centres after negotiation with political parties.
- Intense efforts by officials to lure or coerce voters to polling stations could be an important factor as well, he said.
- To keep order and make sure the lines at polling places don't become intolerable, officials will hand anyone not on their lists a provisional ballot.
- Instead of issuing a ballot paper, the Polling Officer in-charge of the Control Unit will press the Ballot Button.
- I've done a lot of polling among astrologers on this subject.
- David Laws, the LibDem MP, said on Any Questions on Friday that any such decision would not be taken until after polling day.
- Internet voting (whether at polling places or off-site) provides avenues of system attack to the entire planet.
- Perhaps most importantly, there are many different sources of error in polling, and variance due to sample size is not likely to be the only contribution.
- Second, once we are polling 5% in electorate votes, everyone will know it is safe to give the Alliance their party vote.
- Try to strike a balance between the number of objects monitored, the polling interval, and the resource usage on the host on which the agent is running.
- I don't know if that's right -- I think that everyone, including me, expected Obama to be polling better at this point.
- Obama among likely Democratic primary voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.
- At one point, the NDP fell to a low of 6 percent support in polling.
- Polling shows a widespread decline in support among Muslims for suicide bombing and for bin Laden.
- In recent months the Alliance have been polling around 2% while the Greens have been polling around 7%.
- Society > Politics > Government > Election
- Politics > Government > Elections > Constituency
* Barack Obama
* Data Stream
* Election Day
* Electronic Voting
* General Election
* Indigenous People
* National Party
* National Security
* Polling Data
* Polling Place
* Polling Places
* Progressive Conservatives
Books about "Polling" in