Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Position"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A position is a groove molded into the plastic that could contain a little bit of gold-plated wire to make contact with wires inside the jack.
- Position is not a vector; but then neither is displacement, force or velocity.
- Position is not an example of a vector in our sense, but distance is: position doesn't have direction and magnitude, but distance does.
- Position is maintained by balancing the crosswind component, or more accurately the drag force arising from it, with engine thrust.
- The position is now materially even but Black has a lead in development and control of the center to compensate for the doubled pawns and centralized King.
- Each point in this shape space represents the shape of a configuration of points in some Euclidean space, irrespective of size, position, and orientation.
- The result of this change in orientation of the earth's equator is, naturally, a corresponding shift in the position of the celestial equator.
- A microscopic shift in position or orientation of either mirror will result in a change to the pattern.
- Piston Top Dead Center (TDC) is where the piston is at its highest position and the combustion chamber volume is at its minimum.
- His father, Cao Song, was the adopted son of a eunuch at court, and rose through influence and bribery to the highest position in the imperial bureaucracy.
- Béla received a Greek name, Alexius, and the newly created courtly title of despotes which enjoyed the highest position of honor below the emperor.
- Valve Relief Pocket These are machined pockets in the top of the piston for clearance when the piston is at TDC and the intake valve is in the open position.
- To find Top Dead Center use a piston stop, to stop the piston in the same position on either side of TDC and take readings from the degree wheel.
- The exhaust valve 286 may be substituted by an exhaust port normally covered by the piston as the piston approaches its bottom dead center (BDC) position.
- Retainer - Typically a removable appliance designed to hold teeth in a fixed position.
- The advantages of such an orbit are that no tracking is required from the ground station since the satellite appears at a fixed position in the sky.
- From a fixed position on the ground, the sun appears to orbit around the Earth.
- It describes the nature, position, and motion of the stars, planets, and other objects in the skies, and their relation to the Earth.
- Since we assume that it is not moving, and we measure the position of the fixed stars in relation to the sun, we make an error in our own Earth position.
- The things that govern piston velocity (Velocity=Rate of change of position, in relation to time) are the stroke, rod length and piston pin off-set.
- In 1819, he took a similar position as the Grand Ducal Kapellmeister in Weimar, a position he held until his death nearly 20 years later.
- On the other hand, the Greek Peloponnese (which is located in a similar position in the Aegean Sea, i.e.
- Confusingly, there are instances where a title suggests close kinship but actually only expresses a similar position in the line of succession, e.g.
- First and most importantly, the position of king was entirely abandoned, and the power in Rome was now vested in the Senate.
- In 1628 he obtained the same position at the church of Sant'Apollinare belonging to the Collegium Germanicum in Rome, which he held until his death.
- We refer to this position as Emperor of Rome; Fixation of the pay scale.
- The House of Lords, however, soon returned to its dominant position in Parliament, and would continue to occupy such a position until the nineteenth century.
- The Peace of Apamaea (188) left Rome in a dominant position throughout Greece.
- The Dutch had the largest mercantile fleet of Europe, and a dominant position in European trade.
- At first one of several Jewish political movements offering alternative responses to the position of Jews in Europe, Zionism gradually gained more support.
- Fred Halliday and Frits Bolkestein debate the US politics in the Middle East in 2007, the position of Islam today, and its influence in Europe.
- With its central position in Europe, Germany is an important transportation hub.
- Heisenberg was in a position where he could quietly decide ''this doesn't make sense.'' And Bohr had once been in a strong position, too.
- Nooyi said she felt fortunate to be taking over a time when PepsiCo was in such strong position, with solid growth across all its business units.
- In Europe some languages are in quite a strong position, in the sense that they are given special status, (e.g.
- In addition, the vernal equinox is fixed at March 21, not by the actual position of the sun.
- Depending upon orientation of the airfoil 20 to flow direction, actual position of pressure gradients may change.
- Apparent Solar Time - Time kept according to the actual position of the Sun in the sky.
- It is defined as the position of the Sun on the celestial sphere at the time of the vernal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere.
- It designates the ecliptic as its fundamental plane and the position of the Sun at Vernal equinox as its prime meridian.
- This is the position of the Sun as seen from Earth at Earth's vernal equinox, so at the vernal equinox the Earth is at a longitude of 180 degrees.
- As a result, Zheng He became a close confidant of the new emperor and was given an important position at court.
- All of these artforms holds important position, and function within Javanese culture and tradition.
- In 1833, Stanley moved up to the more important position of Secretary of State for War and the Colonies.
- Its strategic position making most major powers envious of its position thus encouraged them to try and take control.
- Seaports are important due to Portugal's large coastline, and its strategic position in Europe and in the Atlantic ocean.
- The strategic position of a crossroad of important roads and the carst spring (now captured) determined the position of the Roman town.
- Japan sought further to consolidate its position in China by presenting the Twenty-One Demands to China in January 1915.
- Increasing trade with the People's Republic of China, however, is expected to boost Korea to a leading position among Asia's developed economies.
- The city is most noted for its central position on the Silk Road between China and the West, and for being an Islamic centre for scholarly study.
- When any six (or more) members vote in favor of a position, that position becomes an official position of the Rabbinical Assembly.
- The official position of the People's Republic of China is that Taiwan is a province of China, and has "always" been part of China.
- The official position of authority may instill confidence in the testimony; i.e., head of state, division commander, etc.
- In cases of deep-seated constipation, this position will help the water reach way up into the colon for a good cleaning out.
- In addition to straightening teeth, braces can help move a child's jaw into the right position.
- Additional wires, rubberbands, and headgear may be prescribed to help move the teeth into their ideal position as quickly as possible.
- In the relay event, biathletes fire twice - the first time from the prone position and the second from the more difficult standing position.
- This is a drop in blood pressure that occurs when a person has been standing for a while, or changes from a sitting to a standing position.
- It can be used as a bedside commode (helps reduce bedpan use) or as a transfer system to move a person from a bed to a seated or standing position.
- Disfiguring of the face & mouth - Affects the development of the jaw and position of the teeth.
- Your teeth vary in shape and size depending on their position within your mouth.
- The position of tooth in the mouth, maxillary molars take more time than the mandibular ones.
- Teeth become impacted when they are prevented from growing into their normal position in the mouth by gum tissue, bone, or other teeth.
- The permanent tooth may get locked in this position or correct itself without treatment and erupt into a normal position.
- When a tooth is removed and not replaced, the teeth next to the empty space begin to shift from their normal position.
- Listed is starting position, driver, make of car and speed for the top 30 drivers.
- In the start, the swimmer is called to starting position by the starter who visually checks that all swimmers are in the down positions and still.
- Qualifying: Competition between teams for starting position within the race.
- Placing your hand in the water when the boat is going the same speed as the car, the drag increases dramatically, no matter how we position our hand.
- With this position and speed the elements of the orbit can again be determined.
- The most obvious example of this is the passage of light through a homogeneous medium in which the speed of light doesn't change with position.
- The electronic control unit (ECU) receives information regarding engine speed and position, crankshaft angle, coolant temperature and throttle position.
- The infinitely variable transmission is sensitive to the changes in the throttle position and adjusts the Gear ratio accordingly.
- As a result, small changes in the throttle position have a severe influence on the mass flow or intake-tube pressure.
- In the 26th race of the season, each one of those drivers likely will be competing for a position in the Chase.
- He is one of two drivers in position to have qualified for the Chase for the Championship playoff format every year since its 2004 inception.
- In 2006, he was an adviser for the drivers below 10th and trying to make the Chase For The Cup, since he had been in that position in the past two years.
- The party took note of this new support and changed its position from being a Western-based political party to being a national party.
- They support their position by citing Pius' actions to help the Jews through his representatives in Germany.
- Crowns are often used to support a tooth that already has a large filling to prevent breakage and can also be used to align a tooth that is out of position.
- These curves help the spine to support the load of the head and upper body, and maintain balance in the upright position.
- While standing quietly in the upright position, a baseline measurement was taken for the position of the lumbar spine in each of the 3 cardinal planes.
- When an air handler or furnace is installed in an upright position and circulates air through the side or bottom and out through the top.
- Throughout the first 50 laps of the race, Kenseth maintained a top-10 running position.
- He has led the most laps in three races and is first or second in the series in driver rating, laps led, average running position and fastest laps run.
- Since 2005, he has a Driver Rating of 95.6, an Average Running Position of 13.3, 310 Green Flag Passes and a Laps in the Top 15 percentage of 65.9%.
- A fumble hanging the left-rear tire caused Harvick to lose a few positions on pit road, restarting the race on lap 26 in the ninth position.
- Kimmel rode in ninth position through the first 20 laps of the race when the second yellow flag of the afternoon waved.
- Stewart move up one position after finishing second and is in the ninth position, as Greg Biffle fell to tenth.
- The more marginal the social position of a group, the more marginal their position was within the camp.
- In contrast, an achieved status is a social position a person takes on voluntarily that reflects personal ability and merit.
- Taxes on wealth, social position, and ownership of the means of production (typically land and slaves) were all common.
- A throttle valve is capable to be set to a desired position.
- The throttle valve (designated TP for throttle position in FIG. 5a) is closed.
- A throttle valve is inserted into the slit of the throttle shaft and fixed in position relative to the throttle shaft.
- Each aligner is slightly different, moving your teeth gradually into the desired position.
- Dental braces allow an orthodontist to apply pressure to the teeth to move them gradually over time into the desired position.
- Using braces, arch expansion appliances and functional appliances, orthodontic treatment applies gentle pressure to move teeth to their desired position.
- Once the teeth have been moved into their new position, the braces are removed and a retainer is worn until the teeth stabilize in that position.
- Retainer - Any orthodontic appliance, fixed or removable, used to maintain the position of the teeth following corrective treatment.
- The retainer holds your teeth in position until your gums, bones etc settle in to their new positions.
- Once the teeth have been moved into proper position, a retainer is sometimes used to keep the teeth in place until they have "settled".
- This can hardly be a proper position for a revered god, whose position is arranged in the centre of the sanctuary.
- It is the combination of the braces, the wire and the elastic that help the tooth move into is proper position.
- XPath indicates nodes by position, relative position, type, content, and several other criteria.
- Also the relative position of one body with respect to the other follows an elliptic orbit.
- Given the rotation of the earth itself, that keeps the satellite at the same relative position.
- In a little more than 18 years the line of nodes returns to approximately the same position with respect to the Sun, Earth, and Moon.
- This means that after completing a sidereal month the Moon must move a little farther to reach the new position of the Earth with respect to the Sun.
- A body in this orbit has at each position the escape velocity with respect to this central body, for this position.
- It was the first time this season he had an Average Running Position outside the top 10 (32.5) and a Driver Rating below 82.9 (42.8).
- Even though Kenseth started out 2009 by winning the first two races of the season, he finds himself in a lot better position with a more positive outlook.
- The team appears to have faster cars this season, but Montoya is in a position where he needs to think about points.
- In that race, Bowyer earned a Driver Rating of 106.0, an Average Running Position of 8.8 and spent 199 of the 267 laps in the top 15.
- Over those two up and down years, Busch notched a Driver Rating of 85.8, an Average Running Position of 16.8 and ran only 60.3% of the Laps in the top 15.
- He has the top Driver Rating (110.5), the best Average Running Position (7.2), and ran all but five of his laps in the top 15 (195 total).
- The position of the node may be used as one of a set of parameters, called orbital elements, which describe the orbit.
- The parameters that specify the position and motion of a body in orbit are called the orbital elements.
- Based on a patient reading of orbital elements, one may state a time, the 'epoch', and use the other elements to work out the position.
- A navigator uses the ship's last known position and dead reckoning, based on the ship's logged compass course and speed, to calculate the current position.
- In addition to the current position, inertial navigation systems also typically estimate a predicted position for future computing cycles.
- If you enter the orbital elements of an asteroid or comet, Your Sky will compute its current position and plot it on the map.
- A recumbent bicycle is a bicycle which places the rider in a seated or supine position (rarely, in a prone position).
- Patients were examined in the supine position with the head turned 45° contralateral to the side of scanning.
- The user's head and neck remain fully supported whether he rests on his side or in the supine position (on his back).
- By the Numbers … In 10 previous NNS starts at Richmond, Bowyer boasts an average starting position of 7.5 and an average finish position of 14.4.
- In just seven attempted starts with BAM Racing, he qualified on time for six events with an average starting position of 27.0 and an average finish of 32.8.
- He has only one Top-10 finish this season, with an average starting position of 13.6 and an average finish of 28.5.
- Hornaday has a Driver Rating of 112.9, an Average Running Position of 7.8, 57 Fastest Laps Run and has spent 87.6% of the total laps in the top 15.
- Over the last three races, Bowyer has a Driver Rating of 93.8, an Average Running Position of 10.5 and has run 70.9% of the Laps in the Top 15.
- Since 2005, Kenseth has a Driver Rating of 104.1, an Average Running Position of 13.1 and has run 72.55 of the Laps in the Top 15.
- Let AB be the major axis of the orbit, B the pericentre, F the focus or centre of motion, P the position of the body.
- Geocentric coordinates give the position of an object as it would be seen from the centre of the Earth, the most commonly used point of origin.
- A cord attached from the centre of the quadrant with a bead at the other end was moved to represent the position of a celestial body (sun or a star).
- On the outskirts, 800 m from the centre of Locarno, in a sunny position on a slope, on a side street, south-east facing position.
- Outside the resort, in a quiet, sunny position on top of a hill, on a side street.
- Indeed, you could measure the position of an electron (or other particle) OR you could measure its momentum.
- In fact, the more certain the position of a particle is known, the less certain the momentum is known.
- In classical mechanics, a particle would be described in terms of its position and momentum.
- Position vector The orbital position vector is a cartesian vector describing the position of the orbiting body in Frame of reference.
- Derivative of position vector with respect to time is the velocity of the particle.
- Doing so changes one position vector so that it doesn't have the special title "position" any more.
- Society > Population > Ethnicity > Race
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Change
- People > Age > People > Leader
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time
* Body Position
* Change Position
* Closed Position
* Second Position
* Third Position
* Top Position
* Track Position
Books about "Position" in