Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Proportions"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Proportions are 1 part cracked wheat to 4 parts water for coarse textured bread.
- Proportions are of great importance as the head is considered to be the most beautiful part of the Kuvasz.
- Its proportions are 5: 4 and the width of the arms of the cross is one twelfth the length of the flag.
- In proportions, a Black Russian Terrier should be slightly longer than tall, 9 ½ to 10 being ideal (FCI standard recommends 100-105).
- When proportions are specified, they apply to the originally incorporated materials rather than those remaining after any such reaction.
- In proportions it is similar to the Doric order, but overall it is significantly plainer.
- I have explained, to the best of my power, the proportions used in setting out Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian temples, according to the approved methods.
- Of the mammals questioned, proportions of the preserved spine in Henkelotherium were similar to those found in the pen-tailed tree shrew, (Ptilocercus).
- Furthermore, the relative proportions of paraconids, metaconids talonids are variable for different molars in Henkelotherium and paurodontids; eg.
- The Rao-Scott chi-square statistic is computed from the Pearson chi-square statistic and a design correction based on the design effects of the proportions.
- This may sound strange, but fighting them only increases your level of fear and allows your panic to take on tremendous proportions.
- B-P, finally reaching the age of 80, having seen his movement grow into tremendous proportions, his strength began to wane.
- Copper and strontium compounds in suitable proportions produce a mixture of red and blue light, giving various shades of purple.
- The proportions of minerals and organic matter determine the structure and other characteristics of a particular soil.
- Examining the canon of the body of a Buddha, one realises that every detail represents harmonious proportions.
- Tractive force, as noted earlier, is largely determined by the boiler pressure, the cylinder proportions, and the size of the drivers.
- Hotei is distinguished by his body of generous proportions and round stomach exposed beneath loose robes.
- The new flag has the white over green field with the new Royal Badge, in generous proportions, superimposed in the centre thereof.
- For percentages or proportions (such as for binomial proportions), Arcsine transformations would work better.
- The Cochran-Armitage test is the most frequently used test for trend among binomial proportions.
- Consequently, as these growing crystals take certain elements out of the magma in certain proportions, the composition of the remaining liquid changes.
- The frieze and the other parts placed above it are such as I have described in the third book, on the subject of symmetrical proportions.
- In the Doric, the symmetrical proportions are distinguished by the following rules.
- The proportions of essential amino acids in foods may differ from the proportions needed by the body to make proteins.
- You specify the population proportions and the sample size and examine the effects on the probability of rejecting the null hypothesis.
- The primary symptom of growth hormone deficiency is a noticeable slow growth (less than two inches per year), although the body has normal proportions.
- The Roman versions of the Doric order have smaller proportions.
- Torrevieja has been increasing in size since the 1800's and has now reached huge proportions.
- Vitruvius studied human proportions (third book) and his canones were later resumed in a very famous drawing by Leonardo da Vinci (Homo Vitruvianus).
- Much attention was paid to the geometry of man as well, and the subject of human proportions was related to geometric figures.
- Older gasoline engines use a carburetor that mixes the fuel and air in exact proportions for efficient carburetion.
- Stoichiometric - Ratio of fuel to air where the exact proportions for complete reaction of both, with none left over, are present.
- Mixed with the right proportions of fuel, and fed into the intake, it provides additional combustible material into the cylinders, hence more power.
- Once the tissue is removed from the teeth, the doctor is able to sculpt it properly to create the right proportions, height and width-wise.
- PROTEIN QUALITY Protein quality is dependent on having all the essential amino acids in the proper proportions.
- Peritoneal dialysis attempts to keep fluid and electrolytes (vital chemicals within the body) in proper proportions.
- Thus the intercolumniations and the heights of the columns will have proper proportions.
- They also contain the highest proportions of heavy rare gases such as argon, krypton and xenon, among all meteorites.
- At its height, the native Roman army was at one of the highest proportions to the citizenry at large ever known, at one eighth of the entire population.
- Note the dark blue colour and the correct proportions of the union badge in Swedish flags.
- Provided that the correct proportions are observed, the flag may be made to any convenient size.
- White fibrocartilage consists of a mixture of white fibrous tissue and cartilaginous tissue in various proportions.
- All of these minerals are hydrated silicates which generally contain substitutional iron, calcium, magnesium, and sodium in various proportions.
- Clear and opaque are mixed in various proportions to mask the yellow of the permanent canine and increase the value of the veneer (Fig.
- The gigantic proportions of the clouds out of which they are born means stars seldom, if ever, are created in isolation.
- Like most of Poseidon's children, Orion was a man of gigantic proportions.
- He doesn't think the Loch Ness Monster is a dinosaur - it's more likely to have been any number of sterile male eels, which can grow to gigantic proportions.
- Due to its strength of character, Petit Verdot can have a significant impact on a blend, even when used in small proportions.
- When used in small proportions, it lends aroma and body to the wine, as well as roundness and elegance, with notes of white flowers and honey.
- Many stainless steels steel, alloy of iron, carbon, and small proportions of other elements.
- Clergy sexual misconduct has not reached epidemic proportions, but most experts agree that the number of incidents is increasing.
- Commonly the phenocrysts constitute about half of the rock, and the quartz and feldspar are usually present in about equal proportions.
- For one-way tables, the Rao-Scott chi-square statistic provides a design-based goodness-of-fit test for equal proportions.
- The proportions of gin and tonic water vary.
- A vodka tonic is an alcoholic drink made with varying proportions of vodka and tonic water.
- Most of the elements in the periodic table have several isotopes, found in varying proportions for any given element.
- The ore sample studied is composed mainly of ilmenite, magnetite, plagioclase, hornblende and sulphides in varying proportions.
- The age of volcanic rocks and ash can be determined by measuring the proportions of argon (in the form of argon-40) and radioactive potassium within them.
- The relative proportions of the hydroxyquinolines (A and B) produced are dependent upon the reaction conditions and structure of the starting material.
- The null hypothesis is that the relative proportions of one variable are independent of the second variable.
- Modal analyses indicate that the layers are determined by fluctuations in the relative proportions of plagioclase, pyroxene and hornblende.
- The Articles of War on board a Royal Navy ship assumed the proportions and gravity of holy writ.
- The ideal proportions of any image of the Buddha are described in books on iconography.
- Vitruvius also included a section on human proportions.
- The section labeled 'ALL' in (a, b) shows the proportions of ordered and disordered amino acids in each proteome.
- The Van de Graaf canon, used in book design to divide a page in pleasing proportions.
- This is reflected in the amino acid ratios, which are in perfect proportions to provide effective protein utilisation for muscle growth and repair.
- I thought initially, I could analyse the data by converting it into relative proportions and use a mixed analysis of variance with 1 between and 1 within.
- The "Test Percent" column lists the hypothesized proportions for the chi-square test.
- The proportions of genes with positive and negative eQTL effects at each hotspot were contrasted using a chi-square test.
- It can not be calculated using the observed proportions, unless the total number of subjects (and thus the frequencies) is also known.
- Many breeders maintain that the Miniature Horse is a perfect, tiny horse, rather than a tiny pony, but the proportions are most often that of a tiny pony.
- The proportions of flexible and rigid segments in the polymer chain determines the amount of stretch.
- In 1989 the stretch of Danube that flowed through the communist countries was like the Dnieper — an ecological disaster of epic proportions.
- The gravitational pull is so intense, the part of the object entering the black hole first would stretch out of normal proportions.
- Dalton's law of multiple proportions says that these chemicals will present themselves in proportions that are small whole numbers (i.e.
- Limestone is made up of varying proportions of the following chemicals with calcium and magnesium carbonate being the two major components.
- The flag has the proportions 1:2, with the provincial shield of arms in the centre.
- The deputy master's flag is in proportions of 2:3 and instead of the full achievement or arms has a roundel with lion.
- The Law on The Coat of Arms does not give any exact proportions for the emblem.
- Nitrox gases contain higher proportions of Oxygen at a maximum rate of 40% and lowered proportions for Nitrogen.
- Places > World > Countries > Flag
- Science > Mathematics > Statistics > Null Hypothesis
- Sample Size
* Body Proportions
* Chemical Composition
* Different Proportions
* Human Body
* Linear Regression
* National Flag
* Nazi Swastika
* Null Hypothesis
* Pure Black
* Sample Size
* Test Statistic
Books about "Proportions" in