Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Pythagorean"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Herakleides adopted fully the Pythagorean and Platonic views of the human soul, its faculties and its capabilities.
- The absence of zero may suggest that the Pythagorean who first developed the duality between numbers and letters were not aware of the zero notion.
- On the question of the soul he is by turns Platonic and Pythagorean, while he confesses that the Stoic and Epicurean systems have each an attraction for him.
- Contributions by the Pythagorean s include Various theorems about triangles, parallel lines, polygons, circles, spheres and regular polyhedra.
- To compensate, we simply divide this Pythagorean distance result by the square root of the dimension.
- Two types of special right triangles appear commonly in geometry, the "angle based" and the "side based" (or Pythagorean) triangles.
- From Pythagoras to Plato, himself a Pythagorean, the five regular polyhedra were discovered by the ancient Greeks.
- In ancient times the Pythagorean s believed that there was a harmony between the regular polyhedra and the orbits of the planet s.
- Geometry > Polygons > Triangles > Pythagorean Theorem
- Science > Mathematics > Numbers > Pythagoras
- Information > Science > Mathematics > Square Root
- Mathematics > Geometry > Polygons > Triangles
- Ancient Times
Books about "Pythagorean" in