Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Reaction"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A reaction is called spontaneous if its thermodynamically favoured, by that meaning that it causes a net increase on entropy.
- The reaction is a sequence of nucleophilic additions.
- The reaction is used for thermite welding, often used to join railroad rails.
- The reaction is used in carbohydrate chemistry as a chain extension method for example that of D- xylose.
- The reaction is a form of electrophilic addition.
- Under this definition, a chemical reaction may be an elementary reaction or a stepwise reaction.
- Wood burns or undergoes rapid oxidation because it can react spontaneously with oxygen in a chemical reaction above a certain temperature.
- The substrate of the explicit chemical reaction $react must be a subgraph of the molecule $mol.
- Several empirical rules, like the Woodward-Hoffmann rules often come handy while proposing a mechanism for a chemical reaction.
- During this reaction, there is a rearrangement of atoms that makes or breaks chemical bonds.
- The stereochemistry of pericyclic reaction s is governed by the Woodward-Hoffmann rules and that of many elimination reaction s by the Zaitsev's rule.
- This is a Br--nsted-Lowry acid-base reaction in which ammonia is acting as an acid.
- Example: This type of acid-base reaction is called neutralization.
- Other types of invisible ink use different chemical reactions, usually an acid-base reaction (like litmus paper) similar to the blueprint process.
- A chemical reaction can be envisioned to take place in a number of steps, each of which may have a different speed.
- When one reactant contains hydrogen atoms, a reaction can take place by exchanging protons in acid-base chemistry.
- Some metals have naturally slow reaction kinetics, even though their corrosion is thermodynamically favorable.
- Chemical kinetics - Rate of reaction.
- Many reaction intermediates with variable stability can thus be envisaged during the course of a reaction.
- A pure chemical substance cannot be separated into other substances by a process that does not involve any chemical reaction and is rarely found in nature.
- A Chemical reaction is a process that results in the interconversion of chemical substances.
- Factors governing organic reactions are essentially the same as that of any chemical reaction.
- For many cases, an analysis of the enthalpy of the system will give a decent account of the energetics of the reaction mixture.
- Chemical equilibrium is the state in which the forward and reverse reaction rates are equal, thus preserving the amount of reactants and products.
- This then can lead to a decrease in the reaction rate if the rate-determining step involves breaking a bond between hydrogen and another atom.
- The reaction rate is influenced only by the concentration of the alkyl halide because carbocation formation is the slowest, rate-determining step.
- Alkynes are generally prepared by dehydrohalogenation of vicinal alkyl dihalides or the reaction of metal acetylides with primary alkyl halides.
- A chemical reaction is invariably accompanied by an increase or decrease of energy of the substances involved.
- Reaction rates are related to the concentrations of substances involved in reactions, as quantified by the rate law of each reaction.
- Every chemical reaction is, in theory, reversible.
- When two compounds react with one another to form two new compounds, the reaction is called double decomposition.
- For a reversible reaction, a two-way arrow is used.
- A balanced equation that describes a reaction occurring in solution, in which all strong electrolytes are written as dissociated ions.
- For instance a limiting reagent determines how far a reaction can go.
- In order to obtain the E-alkene, the Schlosser modification of the Wittig reaction can be performed.
- The second Wittig reaction uses a non-stabilised Wittig reagent, and as expected this gives mainly the cis product.
- The Wittig reagent is usually prepared from a phosphonium salt, which is in turn made by the reaction of triphenylphosphine with an alkyl halide.
- The amount of product in a chemical synthesis is the reaction yield.
- The sequence of steps in which the reorganization of chemical bonds may be taking place in the course of a chemical reaction is called its mechanism.
- For example in the Fries rearrangement the reactant is an ester and the reaction product an alcohol.
- The number of reactions hinting at the actual process taking place is much smaller, for example the ene reaction or aldol reaction.
- A material that accepts hydrogen ions in a chemical reaction.
- Mao Shadowrun ( Shadowtech supplement) An enzyme that facilitates the rapid oxidation of adrenalin, thus removing its effects and decreasing reaction time.
- The simplest inorganic reaction is double displacement when in mixing of two salts the ions are swapped without a change in oxidation state.
- A chemical reaction can be symbolically depicted through a chemical equation.
- In chemistry, a chemical equation is a symbolic representation of a chemical reaction.
- Write the net ionic equation for the primary reaction.
- Last check: ) A chemical equation is a description of a chemical reaction.
- Given a description of a chemical reaction, be able to write a molecular equation.
- The letter "Q" is reserved for "heat" in a chemical reaction.
- Activation energy, which is defined as the amount of energy required to make the reaction start and carry on spontaneously.
- Higher activation energy implies that the reactants need more energy to start than a reaction with a lower activation energy.
- Higher activation energy implies that a reaction will be harder to start and, therefore, slower.
- This nucleophilic addition is a reversible reaction but with aliphatic carbonyl compounds equilibrium is in favor of the reaction products.
- Reaction mechanisms are proposed to explain the kinetics and the relative product mix of a reaction.
- Isotopic substitution can be used to determine the mechanism of a reaction via the kinetic isotope effect.
- In chemistry, a reaction mechanism is the step by step sequence of elementary reactions by which overall chemical change occurs.
- Heterogeneous reaction mechanisms of organic compounds.
- The one and two-step mechanisms are named and known as E2 reaction and E1 reaction, respectively.
- Thus, the theoretical yield can be calculated from reaction stoichiometry.
- Catalysis Catalysis is the processes whereby a chemical species accelerates a reaction without itself being consumed in the chemical reaction.
- A chemical species A is more stable than its isomer B if r G o 0 for the (real or hypothetical) reaction A B, under standard conditions.
- It is therefore recommended that the term "rate of reaction" be used only in cases where it is experimentally established that these conditions apply.
- An example reaction is combustion, known from everyday experience, since burning gas in air produces heat.
- I just noticed that the ethane combustion reaction is not balanced.
- For example, consider the reaction CH 4 + 2 O 2 → CO 2 + 2 H 2 O (combustion of methane in oxygen).
- They are prepared either by direct reaction of the metal with an organic compound or by replacement of a metal from another organometallic substance.
- Organic reactions are chemical reaction s involving organic compound s.
- Alkylation Alkylation is an organic reaction in which an alkyl group replaces a hydrogen atom in an organic compound.
- Whether it will occur spontaneously or not is determined by the Gibbs free energy change of the reaction.
- A certain energy threshold, the activation energy (symbolized E a) must be crossed in order for a reaction to occur.
- The substance or substances initially involved in a chemical reaction are called reactants.
- Those ions that remain in solution after the reaction has completed are called spectator ions, that is, they are not involved in the reaction.
- These amazing molecules recognize specific reactant molecules called substrates; they then catalyze the reaction between them.
- Step growth polymers are defined as polymers formed by the stepwise reaction between functional groups of monomer.
- This type of reaction is called an endothermic reaction (literally, inside heat, or absorbing heat).
- This type of reaction is referred to as an exothermic reaction (literally, outside heat, or throwing off heat).
- Decomposition is the opposite of synthesis, and in this type reaction individual atoms are no longer bonded.
- A very old named reaction is the Claisen rearrangement (1912) and a recent named reaction is the Bingel reaction (1993).
- Bingel reaction of fullerene with a malonate ester and a) sodium hydride or DBU in toluene at room temperature 45% yield.
Books about "Reaction" in