Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Record Deal"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Their record deal was domestic through Vertigo, but after Tony joined the band, they got an international deal through Polygram.
- The recording label now ceases to exist, and his record deal has ended.
- In 1997, Solid State Records got a hold of the EP, and signed blindside to a record deal.
- Nearly thirty years before Matador Records signed Cat Power, a member of the Marshall family already had a record deal.
- On February 15, Alexz Johnson announced in her MySpace blog that she had signed a record deal with label Epic Records, part of the Sony BMG group.
- In 1996 he signed a record deal with Relativity Records, which released his second album Untouchable.
- After the army, Cash played with Hank Williams, Jr., and later gained a record deal from Musicor Records in 1965.
- The Beatnuts' early production work earned them a record deal with Combat Records in 1992.
- Tarot signed a new record deal with Spinefarm Records and the new studio album Suffer Our Pleasures was released.
- CBS signed Tim to a multi-album record deal; the first album, Tim Rose, came out in 1967.
- After a comparatively long period of negotiations Kim Wilde finally signed a new record deal with the German division of EMI records in late 2005.
- The band actually got their very first record deal (with the infamous French label Thrash Records) already with their first demo.
- Forefront Records decided to offer a record deal to A-180 but had them change their name to Audio Adrenaline.
- In 2004, Tony Saunders from UNBEATEN TRACKS - MUSIC GROUP secured a record deal for Austin known as "Auggie". Auggie's project was sold to Midas records.
- From 1985 to March of 1987 Paul Black wrote and co-wrote a number of songs which led L.A. Guns to a record deal with Polygram Records.
- Placebo then earned their record deal, with replacement drummer Robert Schultzberg.
- In 1986, Shadow relocated to Los Angeles, California and attempted to cut a record deal.
- By 1958, The Roosters had a new manager in Eddie Thomas, a record deal with Vee-Jay Records, and a new name: "Jerry Butler & the Impressions".
- Tensions and frustration within the band grew after they failed to land a record deal.
- Carlton was unable to land a new record deal for several years until Leon Haywood helped him get a singles deal with 20th Century Records.
- Began performing music in pubs around London in the early 1970s, before landing the record deal that would make him famous in 1977.
- Ice-T landed his first a major-label record deal with Sire Records in 1987, releasing his debut album, Rhyme Pays.
- The Offspring signed a record deal with the short-lived label Nemesis Records, and released their first album, The Offspring, in 1989 on vinyl-only.
- Yet there was a time, and not all that long ago either, when Buddy Guy couldn't even negotiate a decent record deal.
- He spent a lot of time with me, and was key in helping me sign my first record deal,” which resulted in the debut album Earl Klugh (Blue Note, 1976).
- Shirley Horn's performance with Miles Davis in New York led to a record deal with Mercury Records.
- A few years later, Cobain would return the favor by making sure the Melvins got themselves a better record deal with a major label (Houdini (1993)).
- The band quickly became the biggest band in Austin and after much attention by the music scene, the band signed a record deal.
- The attention led to a record deal with Motown and the release of a self-titled debut in late 1984, including songs by Rita Coolidge and Bruce Roberts.
- The Rankin Family won over audiences in Canada the hard way -- years of touring before signing a record deal.
- Aside from touring with The Ramones, The Nerves funded their own recordings without a record deal.
- A few years later, she was discovered by Hank Thompson, who set her up for a record deal at Capitol Records.
- After only a few gigs, the band was approached by record companies, and only three months into their career they signed a record deal with Zoo Entertainment.
- Shoffner became the band's manager and their demo tapes were sent out to record labels with the hopes of landing a record deal.
- Rob Smith said in a radio interview in 2007 that he rejected a record deal with a "well known UK based record label".
- Like so many artists, Basia now only has a record deal in Japan, where both she and the reformed Matt Bianco continue to experience major sales.
- When he could not get a record deal, Jay-Z, along with two friends, formed his own record label.
- Before signing with Universal Music Canada and Island Records, Fefe Dobson considered signing to her first record deal with Jive Records years earlier.
- After hearing the two songs, Jason Flom (President of Atlantic Records at the time) signed Kid Rock to a record deal for $100,000 without hearing the rest.
- An independent record release co-produced by Daniel Lanois was followed by a record deal with A&M Records.
- In March of 1995 the Bloodhound Gang signed a record deal with Columbia Records.
- After the release of the Smash album, The Offspring parted ways with Epitaph and signed a record deal with Columbia Records.
- He signed a solo record deal with Columbia Records in 1972 with the help of John Hammond, who had signed Bob Dylan to the same record label a decade earlier.
- Stewart Copeland's older brother Miles Copeland III heard " Roxanne " for the first time and immediately got them a record deal with A&M Records.
- Banks lloyd banks would later sign a record deal with the label after it was established as a subsidiary of Interscope Records.
- Shanice went on to sign a record deal with Motown Records in 1991.
- Locke went on to sign a record deal with Curb Records on September 6, 2003.
- The group attracted the attention of some notable figures in the industry, including Biz Markie, but did not manage to secure a record deal.
- In mid-1992, Nas was approached by MC Serch of 3rd Bass, who became his manager and secured Nas a record deal with Columbia Records the same year.
- She was signed to Madonna's record company Maverick while opening for Hanson, signing a record deal in December 2000.
- The band soon signed a record deal with Decca, whose interest was sparked when George Harrison recommended the Stones to A+R head Dick Rowe, a.k.a.
- Since signing a record deal with Island Records in 1999, the band has released 4 full length albums, 1 EP, and over 10 singles.
- Shortly after Aaron joined the band, Wakefield announced on August 12 2001 that they'd been signed to a record deal with Atlantic Records.
- In 1981, they moved to New York in search of a record deal, and reorganized the band under a new name, Fly to France.
- After great successes as a producer, West now looked to pursue a career as a rapper and solo artist, but struggled to find a way to get a record deal.
- Educated Rapper originally matriculated from City College of New York before UTFO signed their first record deal.
- Milian's collaboration with Ja Rule led to a record deal with Def Jam; she traveled to Sweden and recorded her self-titled debut album.
- Columbia Records
- Atlantic Records
- Island Records
- First Album
- Epic Records
* Epic Records
* First Album
Books about "Record Deal" in