Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Record Labels"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Record labels are experimenting with new approaches, too.
- No record labels are reissuing this stuff (some are e.g.: Evidence Records reissuing all of Sun Ra's independent Saturn label releases).
- Other record labels were later founded in the early 2000s, and are still active in the present.
- As many record labels are struggling to survive in this download economy, Josh Wink and Ovum records thrive by staying true to their musical vision.
- He also set up two record labels with Carla Bley: WATT Works, for their own recordings, and JCOA Records, to promote the work of others.
- Two record labels dominated the house music scene in Chicago: DJ International Records, owned by Rocky Jones, and Trax Records, owned by Larry Sherman.
- Fulltime, Discomagic, IL Discotto and many other record labels were born from the main Disco music importers out of sheer economic necessity.
- Originally, Time Records, Flea Records and Discomagic were some of the record labels that appeared on the original Super Eurobeat albums.
- Today, the big record labels want a new band to sell millions of records right away.
- Hartman's discography also includes recordings with Earl Hines, Dizzy Gillespie 's big band, and several albums under his own name for various record labels.
- The tape was sent out to various record labels but it was never considered and the band was never signed.
- In the mid-1990s, record labels began signing several bands that used such a sound and gave them wide exposure.
- Throughout his career Freddie King made recordings or many different record labels such as: Parrot, Federal, Atlantic and Shelter (to name a few).
- Imperial Records has been the name of at least three different record labels of the 20th century.
- Upon leaving Death Row Records, Snoop was approached by a number of record labels.
- Upon leaving Death Row Records Snoop was approached by a number of record labels.
- At the dawn of the new millennium, Walker changed record labels, joining Telarc Blues, and releasing In the Morning in 2002.
- Hammer received several offers from major record labels after the successful release of the independent album.
- A million or so collections, all from different record labels, document this Detroit blues guitarist's influential boogie-woogie career.
- Those of you who pay attention to record labels are liable to assume that this two-disc compilation consists of re-recordings of Ronnie Milsap's hits.
- Tool looked at offers from other record labels, an action not allowed by the contract, according to Volcano.
- Includes a calendar of live shows, venues, bulletin board, record labels, entertainment links and talent pages.
- At the MIDEM conference in Cannes, Sony Ericsson announced deals with 10 major record labels, adding over 5 million new tracks to its extensive catalogue.
- Disney Studio Entertainment, also known as Walt Disney Studios, includes Disney's movie and animation studios, record labels, and Broadway-style stage shows.
- Major copyright holders, such as the major record labels and the movie industry, blame the ease of copying for their decreasing profits.
- Until the 1980s, there were virtually no record labels that exclusively promoted electronic dance music.
- Until 1978 and the formation of Mute Records, there were virtually no record labels that deal with exclusively electronic music.
- I first heard of Elmore James from reading liner notes and record labels.
- After many successful grunge bands had left Sub Pop for major record labels, a joint venture with Warner Music and the company was formed.
- With just one diss in "Loose Change," Ja Rule had brought two record labels against him and his own record label.
- Wilhelm Backhaus [spelled 'Bachaus' on some record labels] (March 26, 1884 – July 5, 1969) was a German pianist.
- His breakthrough came after a recital of Beethoven at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London, the day after which three major record labels called his agent.
- Three of the " Big Four " record labels are also based in the city.
- It is the fourth-largest business group and family of record labels in the recording industry, making it one of the "big four" record companies.
- Record labels not owned by the "big four" record labels (Sony BMG, EMI, Universal and Warner), the independent record labels are independently owned.
- After releasing two self-produced albums through independent record labels, his first commercially-available studio album Dan Sartain vs.
- The records were completely independent of the major record labels and the parties which the tracks were played at never played any commercial pop music.
- In other words, Record Labels are almost never the owners of the copyright to the musical composition - they typically own only sound recordings.
- They also own and run dance music record labels Deep Dish, Yoshitoshi, and Yo, among others with the aid of their first label manager Chuck Roder.
- The band submitted the video footage along with their demo tapes to several record labels.
- Shoffner became the band's manager and their demo tapes were sent out to record labels with the hopes of landing a record deal.
- However, the demo tape circulated in the music industry, creating interest among record labels.
- It was clear that the leader of the band was Don Redman, however he chose to have his name left off the record labels.
- According to Volcano, Tool had violated their contract when the band looked at offers from other record labels.
- Some disc jockeys referred to the band as "Buddy Holly and the Crickets," but the record labels never used this wording until after Holly's death.
- In the early days of the recording industry, record labels were absolutely necessary for the success of any artist.
- He began shopping demo tapes to record labels in London without success until he was heard by American producer David Kershenbaum.
- Record labels, remixers, clubs, producers and audio clips for popular and rare disco music of the '70s and '80s.
- Includes links to lyrics, producers, publications, radio stations, record labels, resources and studios.
- We were innocent and full of hope about a future in the music business, and finally we managed to get the attention of record labels.
- Record labels click here to supply album details of your artists, musicians, bands or compilation albums you have released.
- Sites are organized in categories like bands and artists, record labels, and lyrics.
- An album was completed, but major record labels passed on the band.
- DMX recorded his next album while switching record labels, causing numerous delays.
- There may be discussion or proposals for record labels, albums and genres in the future.
- Coming together in 1998, Mars ILL has released several albums and EPs through independent record labels and two albums on Gotee Records.
- Several record labels have released also some albums with live mixes of Sonique's DJ sets.
- By Ray McDonald 2007 saw musicians abandon their record labels, publicly clash with their bosses, and offer their music to the public - for free.
- Beck recorded music for several major record labels, and he also had connections within the publishing industry.
- Juttla first started out making music in the early nineties having a string of releases on various independent record labels.
- On his debut, GZA penned "Labels," a story rap that incorporated various record labels into the lyrics.
- DJs, clubs, promoters, magazines, radio, tv stations, and record labels are all involved in the fund raising.
- Reviews on independent artists, events calendar, and links to MCs, DJs, record labels, audio downloads, and graffiti.
- Both DJs formed their own record labels that year: Sasha created Excession Records and Digweed started Bedrock Records.
- The album was quickly rejected by record labels for being "not commercial." Cher chose instead to sell the recording exclusively through her website.
- In those days conductors had cover approval in their contracts, nowadays they have to start their own record labels to make a recording.
- Small, local record labels proliferated from Houston, Texas to New Orleans, specializing in recording and distributing local acts.
- After the success of Mamie Smith's pioneering 1920 recording of "Crazy Blues", record labels realized there was a demand for recordings of race music.
- In 1964, she changed record labels, from the American Colpix to the Dutch Philips, which also meant a change in the contents of her recordings.
- Under Mills' guidance, Ellington made dozens of recordings under different names and record labels.
- Anyone and anything affiliated with the genre of punk rock, including musicians, albums, songs, artists, record labels, subgenres, etc.
- Ever prolific, the pair now spend their valuable time as producers, remixers, DJs and recording artists, as well as finding time to run two record labels.
- DaLinkz - Directory of over 400 rap and hiphop links, including bands and artists, record labels, stores, magazines, audio and video.
- Record Companies
- Own Record Label
- Sub Pop
- Audio Clips
Books about "Record Labels" in