Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Richard"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Richard was the first to score 50 goals in one season (the 1944-45 NHL season), doing so in 50 games, and the first to score 500 goals in a career.
- Richard is the son of Lee Petty, winner of the first Daytona 500 in 1959.
- Richard was a central Christian commander during the Third Crusade and remains one of the very few Kings of England remembered by reputation, not number.
- Richard was a younger maternal half-brother of Marie de Champagne and Alix of France.
- Richard is a student of world music, and has studied Indian music.
- It was the third Tissot win of the season for Bowyer's crew and the second straight win for a Richard Childress Racing (RCR) team.
- Richard Childress says RCR has a multiyear contract with Harvick and sponsor Shell-Pennzoil.
- Dale Earnhardt, Junior Johnson and Richard Petty were hands-on drivers and often worked on the cars they raced.
- As Richard Petty was about to win the race, both Allison and Yarborough got out of their cars and started to duel with words.
- We talked long and hard about my plans for 2005, and Richard asked me to consider staying in one of his cars for next season and beyond.
- The race was on the sixth anniversary of the death of his predecessor at Richard Childress Racing, Dale Earnhardt.
- In doing so, Johnson joined Richard Petty (7), Dale Earnhardt (7) and teammate Jeff Gordon (4) as the only drivers to win more than three titles.
- Among the most vocal critics was Richard Childress, whose Chevy for Dale Earnhardt finished second to Ford driver Dale Jarrett.
- After winning the first game 6–0 the Canadiens may have been overconfident and the Leafs changed their tactics, riling up Richard in game two.
- Richard Childress had lost the Daytona 500 14 times with Dale Earnhardt before finally winning it in 1998.
- The traditional Labor Day event saw Dale Earnhardt capture the Richard Childress Racing 's fourth pole of theseason before winning the race.
- IVANHOE (1819) was set in the reign of Richard I and depicted the rivalry between the King and his wicked brother John (King 1199-1216).
- There was objection to the taxation to man the king's ships, and by the end of the reign of Richard II of England only four were left, and by 1409 only two.
- She was active in government during the reign of Richard I, ruling during his crusade to the Holy Land and ransoming him from Austria.
- Richard would only spend a small amount of time in England, leaving the administration of his kingdom to various appointed officials.
- Eventually, after Richard Prebble was dismissed, Douglas resigned, leaving his ministerial positions at the end of 1988.
- Kasey Kahne, left, will be leaving the team that bears the name of Richard Petty, right, after this season.
- When he retired, he left Petty Enterprises for Richard and Maurice to run.
- Richard is retired today, but his son, Kyle, still races.
- Nine months after he retired in 1960, Richard was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, which waived its usual five-year waiting period to honor him.
- It is if we believe the character of Richard Powers shares some of the same emotions with the author.
- The author does a good job touchign on all of the main players in the crusades, and I especially enjoyed the Chapters on Saladin and Richard the Lionheart.
- He is the author of over twenty other books, including "Lionhearts: Richard I, Saladin, and the Era of the Third Crusade".
- The music and lyrics were written by Richard and Robert Sherman with book by Jeremy Sams.
- The music was written by Richard Rodgers, the lyrics by Lorenz Hart, and the book by Herbert Fields.
- The Black Adder was the first series of Blackadder and was written by Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson, and produced by John Lloyd.
- Upon his death in 1658, Cromwell was briefly succeeded by his son, Richard Cromwell.
- She became famous as the second wife of the German composer Richard Wagner and, after his death, as director of the Bayreuth Festival for 31 years.
- Its 50 years since the death of Oscar Hammerstein II, the lyricist whose partnership with Richard Rodgers resulted in a series of inimitable hit musicals.
- Eugene (Richard Harris) and Ruth (Lois Nettleton), her parents, are consumed by grief over the imminent demise of their daughter.
- Arabella, by Richard Strauss, is a bittersweet romance about a family seeking a good marriage for their daughter.
- Kelly Laymon is the daughter of Richard Laymon, celebrated author of horror and shock-horror.
- Car owner, and past crew chief, Richard Childress, inducted Earnhardt into the Hall of Fame.
- Richard Petty is presented his Hall of Fame ring by son, Kyle, during induction ceremonies at the NASCAR Hall of Fame Sunday.
- It is probable the hall of Croydon palace was built during the reign of Richard, which will account for his arms being placed there.
- Lee taught Richard not only how to build and race winning racecars, but also what it means to give back to the sport and his community.
- We'll trace the evolution of the sport up to today with drivers like Junior Johnson, Darell Waltrip, Dale Earnhardt, and of course, Richard Petty.
- To have somebody like Richard who has won so many race and has done so much for the sport, to be with us.
- In July I will be back with Richard and the team for a large meeting with five Dayak tribes and all the traditional leaders, priests and village heads.
- Back in the day when he was still driving and winning, writers used to gather around Richard Petty to take up the subject of the state of the sport.
- Richard Petty won the 1967 Grand National Championship, his second championship, on the back of twenty-seven wins, ten of which were consecutive.
- The Canadiens lost in the Stanley Cup Finals without Richard who was named to the First All-star team at the end of the year.
- The Third Crusade is alluded to at the end of the movie, when Richard I of England visits Balian in France.
- This, along with his failing health - Richard had fallen ill many times during the Crusade - led to the end of the Third Crusade.
- It failed to recover Jerusalem, but Richard I negotiated a truce in which Christians were permitted to visit the Holy Sepulcher.
- It was the final battle of the Third Crusade, after which Saladin and King Richard were able to negotiate a truce.
- A truce was accepted, and Richard I had almost recovered all Normandy and now held more territories in Aquitaine than he had before.
- Instead, Richard signed a treaty with Saladin in 1192, restoring the Kingdom of Jerusalem to a coastal strip between Jaffa and Beirut.
- Saladin died in 1193, shortly after signing a treaty with Richard I of England which restored a coastal strip from Ascalon to Antioch to Crusader control.
- Richard left the following year after negotiating a treaty with Saladin.
- With David Pearson comfortably ahead, Parsons, running second, hooks up with Richard Petty to reel in Pearson.
- Richard Petty and David Pearson finished first or second to each other an astonishing 63 times with David winning 33 of these contests of wit.
- Richard Petty (1975), David Pearson (1974), Bobby Allison (1971) and Fred Lorenzen (1965) are the others to win both Charlotte races in the same year.
- While the 1981 season brought Richard 3 wins, he felt the season was a failure, and the Regals being ill-handling and poor in relibility.
- Richard Petty would run second in the Latford Cup with eight wins on his way to third in the point scheme of the day.
- Richard Petty has 10 career Cup victories at Daytona -- including seven Daytona 500 wins -- to lead all drivers.
- Richard was suspended for the balance of that season and the playoffs, which was at the time, the longest suspension for an on-ice incident in NHL history.
- When Richard scored an unprecedented 50 goals in 50 games during the 1945-46 (RL - 2 seasons later.) season, the name "Rocket" was attached to him forever.
- Richard Petty Motorsports announced Tuesday that Kahne, one of the top free agents this year, will leave the team at the end of the season.
- Earlier in the day, Richard Petty Motorsports announced that Kahne informed them he's leaving the team at the end of this season.
- Richard Petty Motorsports will switch from Dodge to Ford next season through a merger of RPM and Yates Racing, the team announced Thursday.
- Richard Petty Motorsports, which has Kahne under contract for this season, confirmed that Kahne is leaving the organization.
- He said Friday he doesn't want to break his contract with Richard Petty Motorsports at the end of the season.
- Kevin Harvick is under contract with Richard Childress Racing for one more season, and the team expects him to drive the No.
- John's oldest surviving brother, Richard, became king upon the death of their father in 1189, and John was made Count of Mortain (France).
- Philip initially allied with Henry's young sons, Richard the Lionheart and John Lackland, who were in rebellion against their father.
- In the end the son tells both Depardieu and Richard (while the other is out of earshot) that his mother thinks that he is the father.
- Richard I was crowned King in Westminster Abbey in November 1189, while he was already installed as Duke of Normandy, Count of Anjou and Duke of Aquitaine.
- That is, Goda had as mother, Emma, daughter of Richard I, duke of Normandy (942-96), grandson of Rollo.
- The Duke delivered Richard to the Emperor Henry VI, who held the King for ransom.
- Soon Richard will be inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- The command to start the engines was given by Junior Johnson and Richard Petty, who both will be inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame today.
- Richard Childress on what Dale Earnhardt would have probably thought about the new NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Throughout his career, Pearson often finished first or second when racing against Richard Petty.
- Richard Petty (through 1967) 2 75 380 Petty, who retired in 1992, finished his career with seven championships and 200 victories over 1,184 starts.
- In his career, Earnhardt won 76 races and 7 Winston Cup Championships, tying him with Richard Petty for the most championships of all time.
- Only three other drivers have won three or more 500's - Richard Petty (seven); Cale Yarborough (four) and Bobby Allison (three).
- Richard Petty won his first of seven NASCAR championships in 1964.
- Gordon had won four Cup championships by age 30 and seemed a threat to surpass the record of seven, held jointly by Earnhardt and Richard Petty.
- Earnhardt will drive for team owner Richard Childress, who was best friends with Dale Earnhardt before he was killed at Daytona in 2001.
- Earnhardt would beat Darrell Waltrip for the title, the second in his career and the first with Richard Childress.
- Earnhardt won his first championship in 1980, the year after Richard Petty won his seventh and final championship.
- After Henry's death (1189), Philip and Richard, now king of England (see Richard I), left (1190) on the Third Crusade (see Crusades).
- Richard held that the king was Guy, while Philip argued that Conrad deserved the crown.
- Richard and Philip declared a truce, but Richard died soon after, and the war between England and France was on again.
- Dick (Richard): George's cousin, and brother of Julian and Anne, sometimes mistaken for George because of his behaviour and dark hair.
- Richard "Dick" Sudhalter (December 28, 1938 - September 19, 2008)[ 1] was an American jazz trumpeter, scholar, critic, and album annotator.
- Sagan is equally comfortable discussing scientists like Richard Dawkins and Lewis Thomas, and science fiction authors like Philip K. Dick and A.E. van Vogt.
- Born in New York City, Hilton is the oldest of four children of Richard and Kathy Hilton.
- Richard Petty was 19th at the time of the Chase, missing it for the first time.
- Kasey Kahne won for the first time in 2009 and also earned the first victory for Richard Petty Motorsports.
- British Mile hope Major Cadeaux teamed up with his big-race jockey, Richard Hughes, for the first time.
- Inman, winner of 198 races and titles with Richard Petty and Terry Labonte, joined Petty as a winner of the prestigious award.
- He was with Richard Petty for all seven of Petty's championships, but Inman also won a Cup title with Terry Labonte in 1984.
- Inman, 72, who continues to be involved at Richard Petty Motorsports, said he was proud of the crew chief recognition on the famed #43 car.
- Richard Petty said Loomis has brought "a different vision" to the team, which has 268 victories but none since 1999.
- Loomis was discussing with Richard and Kyle Petty how they'd discard all of those old cars, and the thought of donation was broached.
- It's like Richard said, 25, 30 years ago, it was Junior Johnson, Buddy Shuman, Spartanburg, you had the Pettys here, Wood brothers up in Stewart.
- Speculation is that driver Bobby Labonte will leave the Pettys at the end of the year to join Richard Childress Racing.
- Joins the Allisons (Bobby and Davey Allison) and the Pettys (Lee and Richard Petty) as the third father and son combination to win the Daytona 500.
- Richard Wagner: The Zenith of German Romanticism - includes a brief biography of Wagner, listing his major works and giving insights into his personality.
- Richard Wagner: Master of the Music Drama - offers a profile, discography, and discussion of the works of the German composer.
- The early works of David Hockney and the works of Richard Hamilton and Eduardo Paolozzi were considered seminal examples in the movement.
- Richard Strauss enjoyed early success as both conductor and composer, in the second capacity influenced by the work of Wagner.
- For Delos in that year they recorded the compact disc titled “Bravura” including works by Witold Lutosławski, Ottorino Respighi, and Richard Strauss.
- His own style, recognizably impressionistic, owed something to the example of Debussy, though it had distinct traces of Wagner and Richard Strauss also.
- Some others include John, brother of Richard the Lionheart and later John I of England who is sometimes called Prince John.
- He offered to begin negotiations with Saladin, who sent his brother, Al-Adil to meet with Richard.
- Richard was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, son of two gay men and a swordfish; Mitchell, Danny and Francis-Makley; brother of Lacy Simmons.
- Also, Lemieux scored 50 goals in 50 games, an exclusive club occupied at the time only by Gretzky, Mike Bossy, and Maurice Richard.
- Blake coached many future Hockey Hall of Fame members, including Maurice Richard and his brother, center Henri Richard.
- Maurice Richard had retired before the start of the season, but not to worry: brother Henri was there.
- The decklid will feature Inman, who was a crew chief for eight NASCAR Cup championships -- seven with Richard "The King" Petty and one with Terry Labonte.
- After Allison took on tires and fuel, Dale Inman, crew chief for Richard Petty, called his driver to the pits.
- But Loomis, vice president of race operations of Richard Petty Motorsports, will be just as happy to have Kevin Buskirk, the regular crew chief for the No.
- N.C. -- Richard "Slugger" Labbe will serve as the new crew chief for Paul Menard.
- UPDATE 2: Richard "Slugger" Labbe said a lack of chemistry with Jeremy Mayfield was behind his departure from Evernham Motorsports this week.
- Labbe left his position at TRG Motorsports last week to join what will be Richard Petty Motorsports when the merger with Yates Racing is completed.
- DESCRIPTION GNU Emacs is a version of Emacs, written by the author of the original (PDP-10) Emacs, Richard Stallman.
- In 1971, when Richard Stallman started his career at MIT, he worked in a group which used free software exclusively.
- At that time, Richard Stallman commented in personal email that my document was a good definition of Free Software.
- GCC was originally written by Richard Stallman in 1987 as the compiler for the GNU Project, in order to have a compiler available that was free software.
- The GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or simply GPL) is a widely used free software license, originally written by Richard Stallman for the GNU project.
- Free Software as a politica l idea has been popularized by Richard Stallman since 1984, when he formed the Free Software Foundation and its GNU Project.
- Richard Wilson - Richard is a fantastic bass player and vocalist.
- In 1994, Richard Wilson was awarded the OBE for services to drama as a director and actor.
- He was a diligent student of the works of Claude and Richard Wilson, and of Ruysdael and Hobbema, upon whom his own practice was mainly founded.
- King Edward IV of England (Cedric Hardwicke) has been placed on the throne due to the actions of his brother, Richard (Laurence Olivier).
- Richard was forced from power less than a year later, and Charles II took the throne, returning the short-lived commonwealth to a monarchy.
- With apologies to Richard Petty, Jimmie Johnson has been king of the Sprint Cup Series for four years and seems unlikely to abdicate the throne.
- Settlements > Cities > Capitals > Jerusalem
- World > Countries > United Kingdom > England
* Bo Diddley
* King Richard
* Little Richard
* Maurice Richard
* Richard Avedon
* Richard Belzer
* Richard Gasquet
* Richard Iii
* Richard Petty
* Richard Strauss
* Son Richard
* Third Crusade
Books about "Richard" in