Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Rick James"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Rick James is the shit.
- Rick James is the bomb, and I appreciate the coverage.
- Rick James is a famous funk artist who did most of his work in the seventies and eighties.
- Rick James Was the Master of funk and we will all remember him greatly.
- Rick james was one of The utmost talented and one of the most copied men on the planet.
- Jude --- Rick James---s shoutbox is empty.
- For an introduction to Rick James this works very well.
- Rick James broke many cultural taboos by flaunting his extravagant lifestyle.
- On February 1, SLASH did a special birthday show with Rick James.
- After 1985, life became difficult for Rick James commercially, artistically, and personally.
- Impressed by his tapes, Berry Gordy once again signed Rick James to Motown - this time to the Gordy subsidiary.
- During his tenure at Motown, Barri acted as executive producer on multi-Platinum albums by the Commodores, Lionel Ritchie, and Rick James.
- While playing darts he scored a bull's eye and yelled I'm Rick James, Bitch.
- Rick James' last public performance was at the 2004 BET Music Awards on June 29, 2004.
- My sister and I used to sit around our Strawberry Shortcake record player and listen to Rick James.
- Rick James - Rick James - Greatest Hits Please note that the below review is the views of the authors, and authors only.
- Obviously, you must not be a Rick James fan if you don't know that "HE'S RICK JAMES, BITCH!" However, he will be truly missed and loved.
- By 1966, he joined the Mynah Birds, which also featured bassist Bruce Palmer and Rick James.
- IN THE freak funk stakes, high-livin devil-may-care Rick James rates as a bit of a clown.
- Rick James (left) photographed with James Brown in 1991 Born in Buffalo, New York, he first enjoyed success in 1978 with the songs You and I and Mary Jane.
- A very young Prince and the Mary Jane Girls took part in Rick James' concert tour in support of the album.
- Rick James struts in the video to the 1981 single "Super Freak," his biggest hit.
- Super Freak, the 2nd single, featuring backing vocals by the Temptations, became a breakthrough Pop hit for Rick James.
- Rick James – Super Freak and Rick James – Give It to Me Baby are absolute classics that I can't get enough of and suit the summer real well.
- By 1977 Rick James made the decision to remain permanently in the U.S. and formed the Stone City Band.
- The following year, Rick James & the Stone City Band took the stage in Essen, Germany to open the 10th Rockpalast-Festival.
- Being the nephew of the Temptations' Melvin Franklin, Rick James was no stranger to Motown, and he and his band were signed to the label in the mid-sixties.
- CD, Roy teams up with the late king of punk funk and the bad boy of Motown, Rick James, on this legendary release.
- If ya like Rick James (and who doesn't), this set is a great appetizer, not too filling but satisfying to stimulate the funk palate for more.
- I have been listen Rick James' music when I was young.
- However, it would be a gross oversight to view the group as merely a footnote to Rick James and Neil Young's careers.
- As he blatantly grinds dirt into the couch, he yells an expletive that went on to become an infamous Rick James phrase.
- Part of the on-stage routine involved a crowd-pleasing recital of the Chappelle's Show catch phrase by Rick James himself.
- When the Navy caught up with Rick James, the Mynah Birds split apart.
- Rick James' professional musical career began in the wake of going AWOL from the U.S. Navy.
- VIDEO CNN's Sibila Vargas reports on the career of music legend Rick James.
- Funk legend Rick James' death remains a mystery after a post-mortem examination failed to determine the cause.
- I really believe that Rick James continue play his music in heaven and I realize that he'll show God that how he was wonderful and very legend.
- Funk icon Rick James suffered a stroke in November after popping a blood vessel on stage.
- As an icon of drug use and eroticism, Rick James went further than anyone had gone before.
- To read Rick James' last interview before passing away in August of 2004, click here.
- NOTE: Please visit And We Danced Daily for the latest news on Rick James' recent passing and memorial services.
- Culture > Arts > Dance > Funk
- Culture > Arts > Music > Singers
- Arts > Music > Musical Instruments > Guitars
- Glossaries > Glossary of Songwriters /
Books about "Rick James" in