Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Rifts"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Rifts is a tabletop role-playing game taking place in the future, deriving elements from science fiction, fantasy, horror, and other genres.
- RIFTS is a multi-genre role-playing game that captures the elements of magic and the supernatural along with science fiction and high technology.
- Rifts is the story of a post-apocalyptic Earth where magic has returned as visible lines of energy called Rifts - tears in the fabric of space and time.
- Rifts is a classic 15-year old pen-&-paper role - playing game from Palladium Books Inc.
- Rifts is a fascinating, pen and paper role-playing game that has delighted gamers for 15 years.
- The rifting took place between North America and Africa, the rift produced multiple failed rifts.
- Rifts is a multi-genre role-playing game created by Kevin Siembieda in 1990 and published continuously by Palladium Books since then.
- Rifts? is a multi-genre role-playing game that captures the elements of magic and the supernatural along with science fiction and high technology.
- Rifts are located at divergent boundaries between two tectonic plates.
- Rifts can occur at all elevations, from the sea floor to plateaus and mountain ranges.
- Rifts ® is a multi-genre role-playing game that captures the imagination unlike any other.
- Rifts® is a multi-genre role-playing game that captures the imagination unlike any other.
- Thus, an average person in Rifts Earth with standard-issue armor and weapons has the effective durability and firepower of a modern tank.
- The problem is hundreds, perhaps thousands, of alien, demonic, magical and superhuman beings have used the Rifts to cross into Earth.
- RIFTS has been in print continuously since 1983, and has been a perennial steady seller in comic book stores since that time.
- Another popular theme used by humans to combat the dangers of the Rifts Earth are powered armor suits, and giant robot vehicles.
- Loki can also magically create rifts between dimensions, allowing him or other objects passage from one universe to another.
- This explains the eastward migration through time of many magmatic or volcanic arcs, batholiths, rifts, depocenters, and foldbelts.
- The rifts can be seen as prominent ridges running NE and NW through the island from the Las Cañadas caldera.
- A quiz about the tabletop role playing game, Rifts.
- The databases are: the Woolley catalogs of alkaline rocks and carbonatites, the world map of rifts, and the world map of sutures.
- Since the Rifts Book of Magic contains all spells, we saw no reason to reprint the spells that originally appeared in this book.
- So far, according to the Internet Movie Database, Jerry Bruckheimer is not yet listed as working on a Rifts movie.
- Rifts has also spawned an obscure video game and a short-lived collectible card game.
- A new arc approaches western N. A. A new spreading center forms as Cimmeria rifts from Gondwana and marks the opening of the Tethyian Ocean.
- Figure 2. A: Cartoon illustrating how alkaline rocks and carbonatites (ARCs) are erupted into intracontinental rifts.
- Rules Most RPGers have a passing familiarity with the Palladium system which Rifts uses.
- So Rifts Ultimate gives me what I need, complete with a focus on mechanics and fiddly bits.
- Of course, the major part of the setting are the BAD GUYS. In Rifts Ultimate, these baddies are the Coalition States.
- Rifts is a classic 15-year old pen-&-paper role-playing game from Palladium Books Inc.
- Oceanic rifts are treated in the entry on mid-ocean ridges.
- But if you're looking for a good way to spice up your Heros Unlimited or Rifts game, be sure to spend the [$$$] and add this book to your collection.
- If they continue, continental rifts will eventually become oceanic rifts.
- Continental rifts (which are likely to evolve into passive margins with time) contain another 30% of the world's giant oil fields.
- This type of basalt is present on Earth in much greater amounts than alkali olivine basalt, which occurs along continental rifts and on oceanic islands.
- Buried in this section is a note by the author about how Rifts is perfectly balanced and playtested.
- The Bad Rifts Project was originally posted on RPG.net and used with permission of the author.
- One important note about Rifts versus other game systems is scale: weaponry and combat in Rifts are far more destructive than in traditional gaming systems.
- The most prolific weapons on Rifts ˈ Earth, In nearly all regions, are lasers, rail guns, and miniturized rockets appropriately called Mini-Missiles.
- The International Rugby Football Board (IRFB) was founded in 1886, but rifts were beginning to emerge in the code.
- Only the Empire Trilogy takes place entirely on Kelewan, another world connected to Midkemia by magically created rifts in space.
- Herein the multidream is explained and travel between dreams -- whether via Rifts, Blue Dream or Grey Dream -- is detailed.
- Mecha also show up regularly in other games such as Rifts and Exalted, though they are not a major element of the setting.
- First of all rifts are the only way for Elyos to get to the Asmodian leveling areas and vice-versa.
- The next frigate and destroyer classes were planned as tri-hull designs but they were never started before the coming of the Rifts.
- The battle revealed rifts within the SK Group, whose 59 affiliated companies had total sales last year of 54 trillion won ($45 billion).
- Alongside hover vehicles and Powered Armor, a common vehicle used in battle in Rifts Earth is the Giant Robot.
- Alongside hover vehicles and Powered Armor, a common vehicle used in battle in Rifts ˈ Earth is the Giant Robot.
- Rifts: Promise of Power features over 40 hours of immersive gameplay, dedicated to staying true to the original characteristics of the game.
- The Episcopal Church widened rifts and pushed the Communion closer to schism when it consecrated its first openly gay bishop in 2003.
- It is not uncommon for a game of Rifts to involve a wizard battling a fleet of flying robots, nor unthinkable for an elf or dwarf to receive a bionic arm.
- It is the first, and currently only adaption of the Rifts role-playing game franchise to a video game.
- Volcanoes are also common in continental rifts, including the East African rift and the Rio Grande rift.
- Lava issued from cracks (rifts) on the sides of the volcanoes, forming large lava aprons, called rift aprons by the team.
- It is important to note that along these rifts, magmatic activity never stopped, as shown by the ongoing eruption of lava along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- When the cone is eroded these rifts or lava filled fractures remain as radial near vertical dikes of volcanic rock.
- The world of Rifts takes place just after the golden age of mankind, where technology, augmentation and computing were at their height.
- Rail guns are highly advanced in Rifts, and are used in a way similar to machineguns in modern times.
- Hordes of creatures from the far side of the portal are pouring through rifts in the local fabric of reality.
- Not to mention that some of the new Earth governments are just as violent and evil as the creatures from the rifts.
- Mauna Loa is a shield volcano, meaning it erupts from rifts in its flanks, rather than out through a crater at the top.
- With continued spreading, the offset ends of the rifts will eventually become connected by transform faults.
- Scenarios and characters for Call of Cthulhu, weapons and New-Sapiens rules for Rifts.
- Entertainment > Games > Role-Playing > Role-Playing Game
- Playing Game
- Natural Resources > Minerals > Metals > Palladium
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Knowledge > Promise
* Continental Rifting
* East Africa
* Kevin Siembieda
* Oceanic Crust
* Ocean Floor
* Ocean Ridges
* Palladium Books
* Palladium Games
* Percentile Dice
* Playing Game
* Political Matters
* Rifts Earth
* Rift Valleys
* Role-Playing Game
* Science Fiction
* Subduction Zones
Books about "Rifts" in