Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Riot"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Plague Riot (Чумной бунт in Russian) was a riot in Moscow between September 15 and September 17 of 1771, caused by an outbreak of bubonic plague.
- The riot was stopped by the civil war, but the new Emperor Decius instituted a legal persecution in January, 250.
- The riot was eventually over at 3am, and left Montreal's Rue Ste-Catherine in a big mess.
- If the riot is caused by or or incite by police action, it can be labelled as a police riot.
- The riot was incited by Muslim preachers who had angrily objected to what they saw as inordinate Jewish political power.
- The term Watts Riots refers to a large-scale riot which lasted six days in the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, in August 1965.
- Critical scholars argue that the high priest feared that Jesus' talk of an imminent restoration of an independent Jewish state would likely spark a riot.
- The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole is a riot, and--although written more than 15 years ago--there is something deliciously timeless about Adrian's angst.
- If you have any questions about the website, Ask them on the forum under "Riot Grrrl Online" or reply to this post.
- The first performance, which featured incredibly difficult ballet movements, is said to have caused a riot in Paris.
- Bikini Kill is a riot grrrl punk rock band, formed in Olympia, Washington in October of 1990 (see 1990 in music).
- Hanin Elias is still a member of the Berlin punktronica quartet Atari Teenage Riot, but on her first solo album, In Flames, she's started a riot of her own.
- Richard sparked the Richard Riot in March 1955 when he was suspended for attacking a linesman.
- Participated in a violent riot and torture of a Muggle family at the Quidditch World Cup in 1994.
- This was not isolated to one street corner, but for blocks with police in riot gear ready to rumble.
- The Tonypandy Riot of 1910 was a dispute between miners and mine owners that took place at the Cambrian Colliery mine in South Wales, UK.
- Australia The Sydney Riot of 1879, is one of the earliest riots at an international cricket match.
- It should be renamed 2005 Sydney riots or December 2005 Sydney riot to be in-line with the other article names.
- The riot and its suppression The Copper Riot began on the early morning of July 25 and continued until afternoon.
- The Copper Riot began on the early morning of July 25 and continued until afternoon.
- To most riot grrrl bands, the simple act of picking up a guitar and bashing out a screeching racket was not only fun, but an act of liberation.
- Pepper Spray is a lachrymatory agent that can be easily used in case of riot and personal self-defense.
- Riot City Blues is a paean to pre-punk blues-based britpop and a possible indicator of the next direction Gillespie is taking the band.
- Fearful, and faced with acute food shortages, the people took to the streets in an uprising that would later be known as the Plague Riot.
- These zines were archived for many years by Riot Grrrl Press, started in Washington DC in 1992 by Erika Reinstein & May Summer.
- Riot guns may be special purpose firearms designed for riot control use, or standard firearms adapted to riot control use with apporpriate ammunition.
- Baton rounds are cylinders made of rubber, plastic, wood, or foam, and the full bore diameter of the riot gun.
- Juan Croucier was also briefly in Quiet Riot, but never recorded with the band.
- It emerged that the prison riot was triggered by the death of an inmate following torture by the police.
- Ironically, the enemies were forced to team up in order to survive a prison riot which was directed at them.
- During a prison riot, Mickey manages to break out.
- October 1 - Elaine Race Riot: many Blacks are convicted or plead guilty, but the Supreme Court overturns six convictions in 1923 in Moore v.
- Jones is most famous for his skillfull defense of the 12 black sharecroppers sentenced to death for participation in the Elaine Race Riot in 1919.
- In addition to the riot shield, you can use a wide variety of guns and explosives.
- Your riot shield is a good idea, but they are kind of big.
- However, police have been known to start riots themselves (see police riot).
- The second of the riots was a police riot.
- The destruction of Rosewood has been described as a massacre, a race riot, and even a holocaust by some journalists.
- The Pulaski Riot was a race riot that occurred in the town of Pulaski, Tennessee in the summer of 1868.
- The press have and continue to refered to it as the Sydney race riot, so I think race riot (not riots) is the correct title.
- Hanin Elias and Alec Empire of German techno-anarchist noise terrorists, Atari Teenage Riot, discuss their philosophy and their music.
- Riot grrrls hold meetings, start chapters, and support and organize women in music.
- Many of the women involved in riot grrrl are still active in creating politically charged music.
- Politically, riot grrrl are people (girls and boys) who stomp out sexism and inequality wherever they see it.
- Riot grrrl (or riot grrl) is an underground feminist punk movement that started in the 1990s.
- In 656, a riot broke out in Medinaso bitter were the rioters that they even threw stones at 'Uthman.
- The Riot Act of 1714 authorized capital punishment for rioters who failed to obey a lawful order to disperse.
- WORD HISTORY: The riot act has been read to far more people than the disturbers of the peace the Riot Act was intended to control.
- In Canada, the Riot Act has been incorporated in a modified form into ss.
- Genres such as Riot Grrrl and bands as diverse as Nirvana, Manic Street Preachers, and Belle and Sebastian have all acknowledged its influence.
- The event, which involved exploding disco records, ended in a riot in which police made numerous arrests.
- The point is that the Kurds had no real reason to riot in Syria in 2004.
- The organizers of the Mock Prison Riot have even more reason to be proud that no one was significantly injured at this year's event.
- By the morning of November 1, hordes of men, shouting Congress slogans, had started running riot in south, east and west Delhi.
- The doctrine states that speech that will cause, or has as its purpose, "imminent lawless action" (Such as a riot) does not have constitutional protection.
- There are differing thoughts as to the origin of the riot grrrl.
- The Portland Rum Riot, also called the Maine Law Riot, was a brief but violent period of civil unrest that occurred in Portland, Maine on 2 June 1855.
- Bipin Chandra has reproduced only the historical analysis and the remedies suggested by the committee and omitted the details of the riot.
- Coming to the Mock Prison Riot allows them to not only complete training requirements, but also see and evaluate new corrections technologies.
- What I see in the whole Riot Grrrl movement, which I really embraced in 1992 because Riot Grrrls started coming to me.
- For this course, we drank the NV Bodegas Barbadillo Oloroso, which I had recently tasted at the Wine Riot.
- Taken from my Riot Grrrl Online website, of course.
- The term Watts Riots of 1965 refers to a large-scale riot which lasted 6 days in the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, in August 1965.
- Posts tagged atari teenage riot per day for the past 30 days.
- The unruly crowd caused the game to be forfeited to Detroit, and Fisher had to cover a riot in the streets.
- Riot: A riot shield is a large shield made of tough, transparent plastic, providing cover without hindering sight.
- Four nights later, playing in Montreal in front of an angry crowd, Plante was witness to the riot that followed.
- Thus Riot Grrrl is useful in understanding how young feminists are forging resistance to sexism in American culture.
- February 5 - Nearly 2,000 students become involved in a racially charged riot at Escambia High School in Pensacola, Florida.
- Criminal Law > Crime > Violence > Riots
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Security > Police
* First Album
* Haymarket Riot
* Kuala Lumpur
* Old Version
* Police Officers
* Poll Tax
* Riot Control
* Riot Control Agent
* Riot Control Agents
* Riot Police
* Saudi Government
Books about "Riot" in