Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Rudolf Peierls"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- I obtained my Ph.D. in quantum electrodynamics with Rudolf Peierls at Birmingham University and came to Cornell to work with Hans Bethe.
- Rudolf Peierls and his assistant Klaus Fuchs are summoned to Los Alamos to work on the Manhattan Project.
- Notably, when the materials were shipped to build the first nuclear bomb at Los Alamos, Rudolf Peierls assembled the bomb by hand.
- After settling in Birmingham, England in 1939, Otto Frisch expanded on this research with Rudolf Peierls.
- Soon Rudolf Peierls and Otto Frisch, two of the foremost refugees, began to work on this question in earnest.
- His Role in the Atom Bomb Also at Birmingham, in 1940, Otto Frisch and Rudolf Peierls had calculated that a uranium-235 atomic bomb was feasible.
- He was approached by Rudolf Peierls of the University of Birmingham to work on the " Tube Alloys " program – the British atomic bomb research project.
- Also at Birmingham, in 1940, Otto Frisch and Rudolf Peierls had calculated that a uranium-235 atomic bomb was feasible.
- Otto Frisch
- Birmingham University
- Tools > Weapons > Nuclear Weapons > Atomic Bomb
- Atom Bomb
- World > Countries > United States > Los Alamos
Books about "Rudolf Peierls" in