Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Saul Bass"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Saul Bass is a designing man.
- Saul Bass was a Bronx- born graphic designer who took his New York style to California and became famous for his work in film and classic logo design.
- Saul Bass was one of the first to seize on the potential storytelling power of the opening and closing credits of a film.
- This category lists pages and sites about the graphic designer, Saul Bass (1920 - 1996).
- This category lists sites that provide information, artwork and biographical data for Saul Bass.
- Designed by the graphic designer Saul Bass the titles featured an animated black paper-cut-out of a heroin addict---s arm.
- DM: Outside of my Family Saul Bass and Paul Rand were instrumental, there were others.
- The very gifted Kyle Cooper ( Seven, Sphere, Island of Dr. Moreau) does not hide the enormous influence Saul Bass had on his work.
- That cut-out arm caused a sensation and Saul Bass reinvented the movie title as an art form.
- It is believed that the first use of kinetic type on a screen was in the Hitchcock film North by Northwest; Saul Bass designed the opening credit sequence.
- For my poster, I began by taking the movie poster for the film that was likely Saul Bass’ most famous work, The Man with the Golden Arm.
- This daring notion is best represented by Saul Bass’ work on Man with the Golden Arm, directed by Otto Preminger and released in 1955.
- Saul Bass 's flaming rose image for Otto Preminger's Carmen Jones set a new look for movie title designs in 1954.
- Figure 3. Still frames from the opening title sequence of Vertigo, designed by Saul Bass in 1958.
- This is Saul Bass’ final motion picture title sequence before his passing in 1996, for Martin Scorsese’s 1995 Casino.
- Figure 4. Still frames from opening title sequence Saul Bass designed for the motion picture Psycho, directed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1960.
- Visual Arts > Design > Designers > Graphic Designers
- Society > Culture > Arts > Films
- Glossaries > Glossary of Graphic Designers /
Books about "Saul Bass" in