Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Scorm"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- SCORM is a series of e-learning standards that specify ways to catalog, launch and track course objects.
- SCORM is a specification of the Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative, which comes out of the Office of the United States Secretary of Defense.
- SCORM is the best known LMS standard.
- SCORM is the Federal government's standard.
- SCORM was a new word for me.
- This article explores the SCORM initiative.
- We are not the governing body for SCORM, but we are the experts.
- In December 2004, the US Department of Defense mandated that all its e-learning purchases must conform to SCORM standards.
- Therefore, how to provide a user-friendly authoring tool to efficiently construct SCORM compliant course becomes an important issue.
- No longer maintained or supported by ADL. SCORM 2004 The current version.
- In SCORM, a Content Object is a web-deliverable learning unit.
- From the industry perspective SCORM is economically feasible and useful as learning objects can be reused and one-to-one learning is feasible.
- Additional components in the SCORM model are tools that create SCOs and assemble them into larger units of learning.
- Related: leslie offers a less than positive review of XERTE, a free visual editor for SCORM compliant Flash learning objects.
- SCORM also defines how content may be packaged into a transferable ZIP file.
- SCORM 2004 introduces a complex idea called sequencing, which is a set of rules that specify the order in which a learner may experience content objects.
- A SCORM content package is a self-contained ZIP file containing certain contents defined by the SCORM standard.
- In the SCORM model, content initiates all communication.
- Every SCORM content package contains an XML manifest file that describes the package and its contents.
- The SCORM section is the main location for acquiring the latest test suite, sample RTE and content examples.
- Quickly abandoned in favor of SCORM 1.2. SCORM 1.2 The first version with a real conformance test in the form of a test suite.
- Fig. 15. The screenshot of course “PhotoShop” executed on SCORM RTE 1.3.
- It allows courses that comply with SCORM standards to be moved from one SCORM complaint LMS to another.
- By means of this automatic process, standardized courses not only correspond to the SCORM standard but also arrange adaptive auxiliary materials dynamically.
- The packages can be SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 2nd Edition, or SCORM 2004 3rd Edition conformant.
- Simple SCORM Packager (SSP) creates packages to run on any SCORM conformant LMS.
- Once it is SCORM conformant the content can be deployed to and delivered via any SCORM conformant learning management system (LMS).
- Sharable Content Object Reference Model ( SCORM) is a collection of standards and specifications for web-based e-learning.
- The result is the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM). SCORM is a model for defining, packaging, and managing learning objects.
- They are responsible for the devlopment and support of the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM).
- SCORM has adopted a content packaging format from the IMS Global Learning Consortium.
- HunterStone's THESIS is a global leader in rapid content conversion and creation for SCORM eLearning environments.
- SCORM compliant distributed learning environment permits interoperability of learning tools and course content on a global scale.
- Rustici Software is the leading provider of products and services to assist organizations with SCORM conformance.
- What I wonder is why ADl couldn't vest the stewardship of SCORM with an existing organization.
- Metadata Generator Pro allows the user to create, import, and export SCORM 1.2 conformant metadata files.
- SCORM has a place for metadata in every SCO and in every content package.
- Welcome to the RELOAD web site, home to the RELOAD Content Package and Metadata Editor, and SCORM Player as well as the Learning Design Editor and Player.
- Authorware supports common courseware standards, such as AICC and ADL SCORM version 1.2.
- From the SCORM Primer: This is an overview of the Sharable Courseware Object Reference Model that was written by me (Philip Dodds) more than four years ago.
- Future plans for SCORM (release 2.0) include specifications for simulation-based training.
- SCORM contains two specifications: the Content Aggregation model and the Run-Time Environment.
- Xyleme is SCORM 2004 certified and can enable existing SCORM 1.2 and AICC Learning Management Systems to take full advantage of this new standard.
- Seeks to generate content supporting AICC, SCORM, and other delivery mechanisms.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Reference > Standards
- Glossaries > Glossary of Xml-Based Standards /
Books about "Scorm" in