Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Shortened"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Industry Standard Architecture (in practice almost always shortened to ISA) was a computer bus standard for IBM compatible computers.
- Excluding his first season and the shortened lockout season, Sundin has scored at least 70 points every year.
- Plays with repetitive sequences have also been shortened to hold audience interest.
- The word is often shortened to continuo, and the instrumentalists playing the continuo part, if more than one, are called the continuo group.
- Dale F. Halton Arena (commonly shortened to Halton Arena) is an indoor sports venue located on the main campus of UNC Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- The name was changed to "Protoactinium" in 1918 and shortened to Protactinium in 1949.
- The name has been shortened to Pictor.
- He then formed the Steve Miller Blues Band which, when they contracted with Capitol Records in 1967, they shortened their name to the Steve Miller Band.
- This results in shortened treatment time and increases effectiveness while eliminating the heating of teeth that can result in post-operative sensitivity.
- FIDE Master (shortened: FM). The usual way for a player to qualify for the FIDE Master title is by achieving a FIDE Rating of 2300 or more.
- The Spaniard prevailed in a shortened 21-lap race after the original race was red flagged due to a crash that left Randy De Puniet with a broken leg.
- After forming in the late 1980s and releasing an EP under the name Sons of Kyuss in 1990, the band shortened its name to Kyuss.
- It was around this time that the group shortened their name to the Stooges, and Osterberg changed his stage name to Iggy Pop.
- A shortened season – Tour Championships to end in October, creating a nine-week off-season (up from the current seven weeks) for top players.
- Myocardial failure resulting in heart failure results in a shortened life expectancy and decreased quality of life.
- Super Combined: involving one Downhill run and one Slalom run using a shortened course.
- Doi Inthanon is a shortened version of the name of Chiang Mai's last sovereign, King Inthawichayanon.
- In fact, the term "turbocharger" is a shortened version of "turbo-supercharger," its official name.
- They'll race on a shortened version of the legendary Surfers Paradise street course.
- It is can also prove to be useful when a lengthy questionnaire needs to be shortened, but still retain key questions.
- In 2000 the 54 route was shortened to Elmers End (due to the new Tramlink) and so the 75 had become quite a busy route.
- In some patients the length of the roots of the teeth may be shortened during orthodontic treatment.
- However, once cirrhosis is present, there is a high risk of liver cancer even when iron depletion has been achieved and patients have a shortened life span.
- Some hospitals offer a shortened course of 3 weeks of radiation for patients with early-stage breast cancer.
- In both methods, the time it takes for blood to clot is shortened in the presence of the factor V Leiden mutation.
- Candidate Master (shortened: CM). Similar to FM, but with a FIDE Rating of at least 2200.
- White Bass (Morone chrysops) The white bass looks similar to a shortened version of its larger relative, the striped bass.
- The first two races were 300 miles long, the events were changed to 500 miles in 1971 and then shortened to 400 miles in 1997.
- Therefore, the period of risk for infection is shortened.
- A shortened activated partial thromboplastin time is associated with the risk of venous thromboembolism.
- As noted from the above, the effects of bp are distinct from that of the mutations that cause overall dwarfism even though both include shortened internodes.
- There was quite a bit to be done as one tooth stuck way out towards the front and had to be shortened by removing some of the tooth.
- Under surface conditions these will condense out of the gas and form natural gas condensate, often shortened to condensate.
- There were no points in 1974 due to a shortened season and 1975 had only a few events.
- The prisms also fold the light path so that the overall length of the binoculars is shortened.
- A hitch by which a rope may be temporarily shortened.
- The Sheepshank is a shortening knot, which enables a rope to be shortened non-destructively.
- In the Roman era, copper was principally mined on Cyprus, hence the origin of the name of the metal as Cyprium, "metal of Cyprus", later shortened to Cuprum.
- One day the word "weblog" crossed me, soon shortened to "blog." Blogs, wikis, and social networking sites started popping up all over the place.
- The effects of bleaching can last for several months, but may be shortened by cigarette smoking, and tea and coffee consumption.
- It is often shortened to maths or, in English-speaking North America, math.
- What's bad: The June race has been shortened by rain two years running, leading to a shocking upset win by rookie Joey Logano last summer.
- Jeff Wolf asked about his win 10 years ago in the rain shortened race.
- Since 2008 intervals have been shortened and the price is equal to the metro ticket price.
- The term was shortened to "retcon" in 20XX and sent back in time by the French.
- An essay on African monetary history (a shortened version was published in French in Revue labyrinthe, no.
- Māori or Te Reo Māori, commonly shortened to Te Reo (literally the language) is an official language of New Zealand.
- In New Zealand, the pronunciation is shortened to dub dub dub.
- Additionally, new improved implant procedures have been developed and refined in response to the demand for greater accuracy and shortened treatment time.
- A number of heavy metal genres have developed since the emergence of heavy metal (often shortened to metal) during the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- A new broad gauge line between Karjat and Panvel has shortened the distance between Pune and Mumbai by 30 Kilometers.
- Sunday's race was the fourth in Daytona 500 history to be shortened by rain.
- Di Gi Charat, usually shortened to Dejiko or Digiko,[ 1] is the main character of the manga and anime of the same name created by Koge-Donbo.
- The first name was shortened to Aitutaki, and the second to Araura.
- Last year at this race Kurt Busch ran second to Jeff Gordon the entire race and ended up finishing third in the rain shortened race.
- The phrase is often shortened to continuo, and the instrumentalists playing the continuo part, if more than one, are called the continuo group.
- It is often shortened to just "cabernet" even though there are other similar grapes such as Cabernet Franc.
- Earth > Atmosphere > Weather > Rain
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Name
- Society > Population > Ethnicity > Race
- Physics > Optics > Light > Darkness
* Active Carbon
* Back Orifice
* Back Orifice 2000
* Bass Guitar
* Beaker Culture
* Beatmania Iidx
* Decompression Time
* Fender Precision Bass
* Gnu Compiler Collection
* Huckleberry Finn
* Liberal Democrats
* Michael Waltrip
* Northern Eurasia
* North America
* Present Name
* Rain Shortened
* Rapid Transit Systems
* Richard Petty
* Root Canal Treatment
* Shortened Form
* Third Time
* United Kingdom
Books about "Shortened" in