Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Shutout"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Having a shutout is a real feather in his cap.
- With a 5-0 shutout, the first two Phils reached base in the ninth, before Ford got the next two out.
- Vezina garnered recognition because he got a shutout.
- Goaltender Kari Lehtonen started his NHL career with four wins in four starts, including one shutout.
- Then in game three, goaltender Hugh Lehman led the Millionaires to a 3–0 shutout win.
- Tyler himself had a two-run single in the second inning to make the score 3-0, and he carried a shutout into the ninth inning.
- Goalie Henrik Lundqvist registered his fourth shutout of the season as the Rangers extended their winning streak to four games.
- However, the Montreal Maroons would win the series 2-2 and 1-0, with Benedict getting the shutout.
- Halak, who made 23 saves, lost his bid for a shutout when Radek Dvorak scored 16:24 into the third to draw Florida within 2-1.
- He went 6-1-0 with a 1.86 GAA and a shutout in his last seven home starts versus Montreal.
- Fossum tossed five shutout innings to lead the Tampa Bay Devil Rays to a 1-0 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday.
- Had another shutout streak of 237:07 during the regular season, which was the third-longest in league history.
- Berra hit another two-run homer and Bill Skowron added a grand slam as Kucks mowed down the Dodgers, finishing with a three-hit shutout.
- In the first of three elimination matches he destroyed Russia's Mark Taimanov, 6-0, the first shutout ever achieved in grandmaster play.
- On January 31, 2008, against the Philadelphia Flyers, Valiquette got his first shutout of his NHL career.
- Vezina scored his first shutout during the 1912-13 season.
- The New Yorkers were up 1-0 in the bottom of the ninth inning of Game 7, with Ralph Terry on the mound trying to get a complete game shutout win.
- He pitched a complete game shutout.
- Maris spoiled the shutout bid by homering over the right-field fence but Orlando Cepeda would end the game on a groundout to third.
- Smith had thirty saves in the shutout.
- On March 20, 2007, Halák made thirty saves to give the Montreal Canadiens a 10 victory over the Boston Bruins for his first NHL shutout.
- Durnan returned to his winning ways in 1948-49, setting a modern league record with a shutout streak that lasted over 309 minutes and four games.
- In Game 1, he threw a shutout, striking out 17 batters.
- Martinez outdueled Clemens in a 2-0 Red Sox victory, tossing a complete game shutout while scattering four hits and striking out nine.
- Billingsley took a shutout into the ninth and had two outs when Luke Scott hit a two-run homer.
- Walker homered to center field off Keith Foulke with one out in the Cardinals' 9th to break up the shutout, as the rain returned.
- Elliott got his fifth career shutout as the Senators won for just the second time since the Olympic break (2-7-1).
- Non-roster invitee Jose Lima had the highlight of the postseason for Los Angeles by pitching a complete-game shutout against St. Louis at Dodger Stadium.
- If history has any bearing Marty will be on fire tonight and a shutout is a distinct possibility.
- The Kings won this game 4-0, with Jason LaBarbera earning the shutout.
- Bernier is also 3-0-0 in three NHL appearances with the Kings this season, including his first NHL shutout on Mar.
- December 2, 1973 - The Bengal defense earns another shutout as Cincinnati defeats the Minnesota Vikings 27-0.
- He pitched a three-hit shutout and beat the Twins, 2-0, to win the World Series for Los Angeles.
- Jim Palmer, just shy of his 21st birthday, became the youngest pitcher to throw a complete game shutout in the World Series.
- On the other hand, the two Friday goals were the only on the weekend and Hunwick did make a couple of grade A stops on Saturday to preserve his shutout.
- Henry Ring continued his solid play in 2004 with his fourth shutout in five games on Saturday.
- Well, all JJ did on Saturday was throw a complete game shutout.
- Despite his performance, Canada failed to medal, being shutout by Finland 5–0 in the bronze medal game.
- In the 2000s there were 79 shutouts in 1,168 regular-season games, for an average of only one shutout for every 15 games.
- He also had a shutout, with a 2.12 GAA and a.875 save percentage on the season.
- He posted club records for wins (30-24-2 record) and goals-against average (2.47) along with a.907 save percentage and one shutout.
- It would be the first shutout in Canadiens history, thanks to Georges Vezina, but the wins would be few and far between from this point on.
- In leading Montreal to a 9-0 victory over Toronto on February 18, 1918, he became the first NHL goalie to record a shutout.
- A shutout in American football is a fairly uncommon occurrence, usually happening only a few times a season.
- When two or more pitchers combine to pitch a shutout a notation to that effect should be included in the league's official pitching records.
- Pam Dreyer (Anchorage, Alaska), who made her Olympic debut, gained the shutout in goal for Team USA with 10 saves.
- He responded with another shutout in Game 4 and two goals allowed in the decisive Game 5.
- In the final frame Team USA tacked on two more goals and pitched a shutout to come away with the 11-4 victory.
- Ivica Kostelic of Croatia picked up his second silver in Vancouver, while Austria's usually powerful men's team finished an Olympic shutout.
- They won the next two games decisively, beating the Blackhawks 5-2 in Chicago before returning home to shutout the New York Americans 4-0.
- Cleveland remained in control and went on to shutout the Robins in both Games 6 and 7.
- Joe Cannon made four saves to post the shutout, as Colorado outshot RSL 15-9. Scott Garlick made 7 saves.
- In his first game of the Calder Cup finals, he stopped all 46 shots to post a shutout.
- For the following matches, the Rangers hired New York Americans goalie Joe Miller, who won two games including a shutout.
- After taking a season-low 15 shots in a shutout win against Vancouver on Thursday, the Predators had 23 in their 4-1 victory in Edmonton on Friday.
- Penguins captain Sidney Crosby had a good chance to end the shutout with about 90 seconds remaining, but his shot struck the right post.
- On August 2, 2006 against the Toronto Blue Jays he had a very good chance at achieving a shutout in two consecutive starts, an extremely rare feat today.
- Starting Game 7 on only two days of rest, Koufax pitched through tiredness and arthritic pain, throwing a three-hit shutout to clinch the Series.
- Tuomas made 31 saves and registered a shutout while Iiro, five years his junior, allowed four goals on 20 shots.
- However, Niemi also had a shutout this year in Vancouver, stopping 30 shots in a 1-0 victory over the Canucks on Nov.
- The Rangers came right back and won Game 2 with a convincing 4–0 shutout to tie the series at 1–1.
- Cesare Maniago played in goal for Minnesota in game four and picked up a 4–0 shutout, tying the series.
- The series was a classic, as Cody Blackard pitched a complete game shutout in game one, the first complete game of the season for the Otters.
- They are also the only team in Arena Football history to post a shutout, beating the Peoria Rough Riders 71-0 on June 3, 2006.
- He played 63 regular-season games for the New York Rangers, going 20-32-11 with 1 shutout.
- Nhl History
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Life > Game
- Three Goals
* Clean Sheet
* Entire Game
* Nhl History
* Third Period
* Three Games
* Three Goals
Books about "Shutout" in