Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Single Hitch"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A Single hitch is a type of knot.
- The single hitch is described in "Ashley's Book of Knots" as knot number 50.
- The single hitch is an ancient, non-jamming knot.
- If you tow multiple trailers, and want a single hitch that can keep all of them level, then you need the Rapid Hitch.
- Several variations are described by Ashley in his "Book of Knots", including the use of a single hitch by itself (ABOK # 1594, page 284).
- Push the single hitch to the right until it is flush against a vertical surface and maintain a pull to the right on the standing part of the rope.
- The single hitch can be undone immediately by releasing the load and shaking the standing end.
- A single hitch tied around a pole with nylon rope.
- Single hitch or half hitch is a type of knot.
- Half Hitch - A single hitch made with one end round its own standing part.
- It is a close relative of the overhand-knot and the Marline Hitch or Single Hitch If used as noose it is best to add an overhand-knot in the end.
- Ashley's Book
- Own Standing Part
- Nylon Rope
- Half Hitch
- Standing End
Books about "Single Hitch" in