Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Solos"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Solos is a distinct language within the North Bougainvillean Austronesian family, and Halia and Solos are not mutually intelligible.
- Solos are offered for alto sax, tenor sax, trumpet, and trombone, but can also be played by guitar and piano if desired.
- Solos are written out (opt.) for tenor saxophone, trumpet and piano.
- Solos are by trumpeter Conte Candoli (1927-2001), Mulligan, Buddy Clark and Mel Lewis, all of whom acquit themselves with aplomb.
- Solos are by trumpet Art Farmer playing the fluegelhorn, alto saxophonist Lee Konitz and Swedish trombonist Ake Persson.
- Coleman's first recordings were with the Luis Russell orchestra, but all solos on record went to the rising star Henry "Red " Allen.
- Throughout, first-rate solos from the likes of saxophonists Gary Foster and Nino Tempo and trombonist Chauncey Welsch add vital flavors.
- His first important gig was with Lionel Hampton (1940-1943) although, due to Illinois Jacquet also being in the sax section, Gordon did not get any solos.
- Before long you'll be playing exciting solos in the style typified by Django Reinhardt, Birelli Lagrenne, and other hot players of this dynamic genre.
- Charlie Parker was an amazing saxophonist who gained wide recognition for his solos and innovative improvisations.
- He helped redefine the process used by musicians to play improvised solos based on chord extensions and their relationships to similar melodies.
- Nor has a guitarist been able to rip such insane, long guitar solos.
- The songs includes traditional percussions, flutes and electric guitar solos.
- In addition, many solos recorded on the current albums and played live by guitarist John Frusciante are improvised, as well as Flea's bass solos.
- In addition, many guitar solos recorded on the current albums and played live by Frusciante are improvised, as are several of Flea's bass solos.
- The band is in great form, with a number of strong solos (though none are credited) and excellent section work.
- Straight ahead trio done in an easy listening style (a la Vince Guaraldi) with short, but tasty solos, plus a couple vocals and accordion.
- Steve Turre has some tasty solos; a lot of us are forgetting that he is a trombonist that doubles on shells and not the other way around.
- Only Azucena does not have the traditional two-part aria, but she has some of the most memorable solos and duets in the entire opera.
- Learn the trademark riffs and solos behind the country-influenced blues playing of Duane Allman and Dickey Betts.
- After more challenging ensemble playing, it's time for first-rate solos by Mulligan, Brookmeyer, Ferrara and Quill (on alto) over a 32-bar, AABA format.
- It has a few written sections by Brookmeyer that were combined with solos and "head" backgrounds by the band.
- JazzTrumpetSolos.com: Chet Baker - Biography, discography, and transcribed solos for free download.
- But even here, the musicians are obviously inspired by each other and deliver dazzling solos, each more jaw-dropping than the last.
- Moondance is that rare rock album where the band has buffed the arrangements to perfection, and where the sax solos instead of the guitar.
- In 1944, with music by Cage, he presented a performance of dance solos that he later regarded as the true beginning of his career as a choreographer.
- Five types, consisting of dancing by whole troupes, as well as dance solos and duets, deal with a story about Krishna.
- The original guitarists in the Allman Brothers Band - Duane Allman and Dickey Betts – broke that barrier with soaring, extended solos.
- The resemblance is mostly in contrapuntal lines between brass and reeds, a succession of rowsing, even rowdy, saxophone solos and a masterly drum solo.
- When he was portrayed in "Bird," Clint Eastwood's film biography of Charlie Parker, he played his own solos for the soundtrack.
- He also, on occasion, wrote new part-songs and vocal solos, and in 1911 he became the first composer to write music for a British film.
- GISM often used heavy metal style guitar solos and riffs, something uncommon in punk bands at that time.
- Although the band recorded numerous sides for Victor during this period, none of them showcases Beiderbecke's most famous solos.
- He choreographed several ballets for Carlotta Grisi, probably including the famous solos in Giselle.
- Also included are two brilliant drum solos by Steve in tribute to Max Roach ("Drums Unlimited" and "For Big Sid"), plus two new original solos.
- In these brilliant solos, Armstrong laid down the basic vocabulary of jazz improvising, and became its founding and most influential exponent.
- In 1935, The Benny Goodman Trio created a style of "chamber jazz" that emphasized highly developed ensemble playing and technically brilliant solos.
- But by this point, Mongo's new music was geared to jazz trumpet solos.
- Listen to all of the big band hooks, the full brass, sax soli and short solos by Ron Kischuk on trombone and Dwight Adams on trumpet.
- The flow and grace of his short solos on records with the band make them stand out like diamonds in a tin setting.
- Basic rhythms, variations, fill-ins, short solos for the bolero, cha-cha, merengue, mambo, guaracha, rumba, modern jazz and more.
- His later playing included a great deal of free jazz, long solos and influences from world music from Africa and India.
- As the genre developed, more intricate solos and riffs became an integral part of the style.
- Grailler (piano) and Moriconi (bass) contribute some great solos, but that night belonged to Chet.
- There are great solos here by Gregory Herbert, Frank Tiberi, Bill Stapleton, Tony Klatka, a great rhythm section, and excellent lead trumpet by Dave Stahl.
- Much more than just another book of licks, Fast Forward Lead Guitar Solos is a new approach that will teach you how to make great solos of your own.
- Musicians had a field day with the title track, which had powerful solos from Wayne Shorter and Steve Gadd.
- Tape Two features classic performances and solos by Vinnie Colaiuta, Steve Gadd, and Dave Weckl along with the band.
- Musicians had a field day with the title tack, which had powerful solos from Wayne Shorter and Steve Gadd.
- By the end of the 1970s, Steve Gadd was an accomplished drummer, with transcriptions of his drum solos on sale in Japan.
- It took the drummer a while to realize with his band that drum solos were not required on every song.
- The guitar and drum solos, but one of Upchurch's three guitar solos, a sultry seductive piece, hushed the lawn-chair crowd to a whisper.
- He was one of the first jazz drummers to take solos and he developed many types of playing that became part of the basic vocabulary of jazz drummers.
- He then was a part of Cab Calloway's band, but was criticized for his solos, calling them “Chinese music”.
- For his part, Byrd was one of the first American musicians to master bossa nova's difficult, bubbling syncopations, and his solos are light and lilting.
- Just for fun, Fred includes the rarely-heard introductory verses to the songs, as well as ad-lib instrumental solos.
- Fred offers instruction in: 1)Solos, backup licks, turnarounds and fills in three tunings - open G, open D and standard.
- In addition to the horn solos, which are never pretentious or overbearing, bassist, Art Davis, offers refreshing front stage performances.
- Tony Rice showcased elaborate lead guitar solos, and other bands followed.
- The cellos are a critical part of orchestral music; all symphonic works involve the cello section, and many pieces require cello soli or solos.
- There are some unusual parts, like when they introduce the band and have them play solos.
- Brownie was a main influence to me and i can play some of his solos on my guitar till now.
- His solos, rich in syncopation and spiced with high notes and flashy phrases, would exert an influence over all later jazz.
- Acid rock is characterized by long solos and its influence from Indian Ragas and the use of Wah-Wah pedals.
- These solos can be played with or without the original recordings.
- A lot of his band's music sounds dated, but when you listen to his playing and his solos - you certainly don't feel it.
- Here are some artists that played a lot of solos that meet these requirements: Chet Baker, Davis, Stan Getz, Red Garland, Charlie Haden.
- As he told Feather, "I've seen a lot of bands fall into a trap of spreading the solos around so everybody can play.
- All high notes on the recording are optional and all solos are written out.
- The "Afro-Cuban Jazz Suite" includes solos by Bird but was not written with the altoist in mind.
- Sung by Hepburn herself, it was written to her singing range based on the vocal solos she had performed in 1957's Funny Face.
- Wes Montgomery, Grant’s more famous contemporary, would use a variety of techniques in his solos to build intensity and interest.
- He performed with Charles Dutoit and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, playing clarinet and a variety of saxophone solos.
- In drum solos the drummer will almost always use most or all of his kit to achieve variety.
- Also included are transcribed solos by Thelonious Monk and Horace Silver, an invaluable source of authentic jazz techniques.
- Gillepie with pianist Bud Powell and a rhythm section take solos that uplift this date; two songs feature his quintet (with James Moody on alto).
- The quintet is also in quite good form, with the pianist and the bassist taking the most impressive solos of the evening.
- Culture > Arts > Music > Guitar
- Culture > Arts > Music > Trumpet
- Culture > Arts > Music > Jazz
- Arts > Music > Musical Instruments > Piano
* Bass Guitar
* Bass Solos
* Chamber Music
* Charlie Parker
* Chord Changes
* Dizzy Gillespie
* Electric Bass
* First Recordings
* Guitar Solos
* Improvised Solos
* Individual Musicians
* Jazz Bassist
* Jazz Music
* Jazz Musicians
* Jazz Solos
* John Coltrane
* Louis Armstrong
* Miles Davis
* Own Bands
* Piano Solos
* Slam Stewart
* Small Groups
* Tenor Sax
* Tenor Saxophone
* Trumpet Solos
* Vocal Music
* Wind Instruments
Books about "Solos" in