Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Sonic Hedgehog"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Sonic hedgehog (SHH) is a member of the hedgehog family of signalling molecules.
- Sonic Hedgehog is a secreted morphogen involved in patterning a wide range of structures in the developing embryo.
- Sonic hedgehog (Shh) is a key signal in the specification of ventral cell identities along the length of the developing vertebrate neural tube.
- Sonic hedgehog, a member of a family of putative signaling molecules, is implicated in the regulation of CNS polarity.
- Sonic Hedgehog (SHH) is the morphogenetic signal produced by the polarizing region in the posterior limb bud.
- PTC, a vertebrate homolog of this Drosophila gene, is genetically downstream of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) in the limb bud.
- Gli2 and Gli3 in a developing hindbrain also have distinct functions in the Shh (sonic hedgehog) signal transduction.
- Named after a character in a video game, Sonic hedgehog is a favorite in developmental biology.
- The secreted protein encoded by the Sonic hedgehog (Shh) gene is expressed by axial midline cells and can induce floor plate cells in vivo and in vitro.
- They showed that treatment with the Sonic Hedgehog protein restored nerve function to normal in pre-clinical models of diabetic neuropathy.
- Involvement of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) in mouse embryonic lung growth and morphogenesis.
- Sonic hedgehog induces the differentiation of ventral forebrain neurons: a common signal for ventral patterning within the neural tube.
- As in the limb bud, ectopic expression of Sonic hedgehog leads to ectopic induction of PTC in the neural tube and paraxial mesoderm.
- Motor neurons can also be induced in vitro by cells that synthesize Sonic hedgehog protein (Shh).
- In the central nervous system, Sonic hedgehog has been identified as the signal inducing floor plate, motor neurons, and dopaminergic neurons.
- In contrast, Sonic hedgehog (Shh) suppresses differentiation of neural crest lineages and promotes that of ventral CNS tissues such as motor neurons.
- The ventral spinal cord is specified through a concentration gradient of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) protein secreted by the notochord.
- However, there is a progressive loss of early, Sonic hedgehog (Shh)-dependent ventral cell fates despite the normal expression of Shh in the notochord.
- The Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling molecule assumes various roles in patterning the central nervous system (CNS) during vertebrate development.
- In the first of these, high concentrations of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) produced by the notochord induce the floor plate at the ventral midline.
- During development, dorsoventral patterning along the neural tube is controlled by the expression of sonic hedgehog (shh) [ 42].
- Floor Plate
Books about "Sonic Hedgehog" in