Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "South West"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- In the south west are the Mullagharurk Mountains running into Cork, having in Limerick, Knockanade (1,070), Knockawarrig (1,007) and Mullaghanuish (1,189).
- And to the south west, the Worcester & Birmingham and Staffordshire & Worcestershire canals linked to the River Severn.
- Semillon Blanc grows mainly in the Bordeaux region and in the South West.
- Merlot seems to have originated in the Bordeaux region of South West France, although it was only recognised in the eighteenth century.
- If you are planning your holidays in south west France why not look at the other departments of Gironde, Landes, Lot-et-Garonne and Pyrenees-Atlantiques.
- This chalk is the north-eastern extreme of the Southern England Chalk Formation that stretches from Dorset in the south west to Dover in the south east.
- Conveniently situated on the A474 at Briton Ferry we are in the Swansea Bay area, at the gateway to South West Wales.
- Caernarfon Airport is 4.5 miles (7.2 km) to the south west, and offers pleasure flights and an aviation museum.
- Western Australia also has major wine producing regions in the South West located in the Margaret River region and Swan Valley.
- Tonga is an archipelago located in the South West Pacific Ocean.
- The Victoria Cross awarded to him was the first gained on territory administered by Australia and the first awarded in the South West Pacific area.
- Gorseinon is a town in south west Wales, near the Loughor estuary.
- East Ham was a local government district in the far south west of Essex from 1878 to 1965.
- Armstrong R (1984). A photogrammetrical inventory of karri (Eucalyptus diversicolor) regrowth in the south west of Western Australia.
- Residents of Somerset also form part of the electorate for the South West England constituency for elections to the European Parliament.
- The Gwydyr Forest lies south west of the town.
- West and South west parts of Andhra Pradesh have semi-arid conditions.
- The town of Nijmegen is located south of Arnhem and Jonkerbos War Cemetery is situated in the south west part of the town.
- Bus 285 (or taxi) to Feltham railway station (20 minutes) then a train to London Waterloo on the South Bank or Clapham Junction in South West London.
- Queenstown Road (Battersea) is within walking distance and provides access to South West Trains services, though transfer at Clapham Junction is more common.
- Histories of the Shires of Balonne, Warroo & Waggamba (plus Bendemere) in South West Queensland, Australia and all the families that pioneered them.
- Gold is still mined in the hills south west of the town.
- Ystradgynlais is a town on the River Tawe in south west Powys; it is the second largest town in Powys, Wales.
- A pretty self catering farmhouse situated in the Dordogne region of South West France.
- It lies south west of Alexander Island and west of the base of the Antarctic Peninsula, close to the coast of Ellsworth Land, 30 miles east of Smyley Island.
- The Maldives are a group of islands which are close to The Equator and are south west of Sri Lanka.
- North End. The shopping road in Croydon Purley Way, (To the south west of Central Croydon, but still in the borough).
- One village in south west China has been designated as the new capital of remote Wuxi county.
- Ararat is named after Mount Ararat 10 kilometres south west of the town which was named by Horatio Wills in 1841.
- The house is situated in a small village in south west Bulgaria, just near ski resort Borovets huddled in the mountain of Rila.
- The village lies on the South West Coast Path near to Baggy Point, which is owned by the National Trust.
- Pembrokeshire, on the South West tip of Wales, is a spectacular coastal region, surrounded on three sides by the sea.
- It is located about 8 km south west of Oswestry and close to the Welsh border.
- The Shimba hills are a dissected plateau that ascends steeply from the coastal plains, 30 km south west of Mombasa and just south of Kwale town.
- The city of Orihuela lies about 50 km south west of Alicante, just between Elche and Murcia.
- Western Australia, in its south west region has some of the largest numbers of plant species for its area in the world.
- Gloucester (ˈɡlɒstɚ) is a city, district and County town of Gloucestershire in the South West region of England.
- West Wales Holiday Cottages offer the finest selection of holiday cottages in the South West region of Wales.
- A twelve-minute ride to Clapham Junction opened up south east London, Hampshire, and the south west of England.
- The Hounslow Loop Line is a rail link situated in south east London, operated by South West Trains.
- West Croydon station is located at the northern end of North End and provides rail services by Southern (and formerly South West Trains).
- South West Trains, the UK's biggest commuter rail network, runs nearly 1700 trains a day in the south-west of England out of London Waterloo.
- The country also officially changed its name from South West Africa to Namibia in 1990.
- Fort Sesfontein In 1896, the government of what was then South West Africa built the Fort of Sesfontein.
- A region, Caprivi Strip, became a part of South West Africa after an agreement on July 1, 1890, between the United Kingdom and Germany.
- This September will see the launch of the first ever International Comedy Film Festival in Torquay, on the south west coast of England.
- For the beginner canoeing near the coast in the shelter of the archipelagoes is recommended, preferably on the south west coast.
- Situated on the south west coast, nine miles (14km) west of Puerto Rico, Puerto Morgan is one of the more up-market resorts on Gran Canaria.
- The Court cairn is a variety of megalithic chamber tomb found in south west Scotland and central and northern Ireland.
- Soweto This township lies South West of Johannesburg, and the name is formed from the first letters of " So uth We stern To wnship".
- This eventually extended its tendrils to Bechuanaland, South West Africa, Johannesburg, Rhodesia and far beyond.
- One of the most celebrated surf beaches in the South West, the steep, dramatic waves make this ideal for surfing.
- This part of South West Wales offers a wide variety of outdoor activities as well as walking, climbing, horse riding, surfing, fishing and birdlife.
- Malargüe is a department located in the south west of Mendoza Province in Argentina.
- It is for Uruguay, what Malbec from the Cahors, also in South West France, is for Argentina.
- The company withdrew its services from Cardiff Central and Newport to the South West of England in December 2005.
- Promesse cocktail dresses in West Midlands 01905723462 Promesse Worcester evening wear offers cocktail dresses in West Midlands & throughout the South West.
- All spa towns in the South East, South West, West Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber have an average house price above £200,000.
- It lies on the River Avon, south east of Birmingham and south west of the county town, Warwick.
- Guia de Isora is a small Canarian town situated inland from the south west coast of Tenerife.
- The South West Coast Path cuts inland to avoid the fee-charging swannery.
- In south west Wales, net fishing from coracles is increasingly under threat, and is now restricted to three rivers in west Wales.
- It is a region to the south west of India, with a coastline on the Arabian Sea.
- Cider is very popular in the United Kingdom, especially in South West England, in comparison to other countries.
- We are based on Mallorca with agents in Palma, Arta and Pollenca in the North East, and Andratx in the South West.
- With over three hundred properties in the South West of Mallorca we have a large selection of Villas, Apartments, Plots, Fincas for sale in Mallorca.
- The M4 (J12) is approximately 9.5 miles to the South West, providing access to London Heathrow, the West Country and the M25 linking for sale.
- Some of the most popular searches are: free classifieds, free teacup yorkies dogs, Tiny Yorkies for Sale in South West London.
- South East
- Matter > Liquids > Water > West
- World > Countries > United Kingdom > England
- World > Countries > United Kingdom > Wales
- World > Countries > States > Western Australia
* Ancient Castle
* Bude Canal
* Cardiff Airport
* Central London
* Forms Part
* Ideal Base
* Loire Valley
* London Borough
* London Underground
* Miles South West
* Nearest Underground Station
* North East
* North West
* Remaining Areas
* River Thames
* Small Town
* South Africa
* South East
* South Wales
* South West Corner
* South West England
* South West France
* South West London
* South West Pembrokeshire
* South West Wales
* Western Australia
* Western Branch
* Western Cape
* West Sumatra Province
Books about "South West" in