Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Splices"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Splices are often tapered to make the thicker splice blend into the rest of the line.
- Splices are often wormed, parcelled, and served.
- Eye splices are great.
- Knots is Splices is an excellent introduction to the subject of tying knots.
- Once the short and long splices are mastered, all other splices, as well as many useful variations, will come easy.
- Chapter 7 Fancy Knots and Rope Work Single Crown Knots A wire rope or cable splice assembly particularly for long splices in wire ropes or cables for.
- Note 1: An index-matching material may be used in conjunction with pairs of mated connectors, with mechanical splices, or at the ends of fibers.
- The Boy Scout Handbook gives some instructions for eye splices, end splices, and short splices.
- It is preferable during installation to cut these splices out of the membrane.
- I've wanted to get for years and I think anyone who buys it will be happy with it as an introduction to splices, etc.
- This is an alphabetical list of splices.
- There are still more splices to learn, so there will most definitely be a part three to this workshop, and part four.
- Locate loss events - Monitor backscatter levels to isolate losses due to bends, crimps, bad splices, etc.
- This book has to represent the best value on the market today for anyone interested in knots, splices and fancy ropework.
- List of splices.stopper (knot) A knot tied to hold a line through a hole.
- It covers how to tie the 10 knots everyone should know; other useful knots; splices and whippings; and how to choose the right rope for the right situation.
- Crewmembers will demonstrate their ropework abilities by knowing the function and method of tying a selection of knots, whippings and splices.
- Optical Loss: The amount of optical power lost as light is transmitted through fiber, splices, couplers, etc, expressed in dB.
- The cable plant consists of all the optical elements including fiber, connectors, splices, etc.
- Distance to splices, connectors, faults and the end of the cable can then be calculated and displayed.
- The exact distance supported varies according to the number of splices and connectors in a single-mode fiber strand.
- Splices can be used to form a stopper at the end of a line, to form a loop or an eye in a rope, or for joining two ropes together.
- Before taking up the matter of knots and splices in detail it may be well to give attention to cordage in general.
- Includes chapters on cordage, simple knots, hitches, loops, splices, fancy knots.
- Forward echoes can be supported by reflections caused by splices or other discontinuities in the transmission medium (e.g.
- The book gives clear, step-by-step diagrams showing how to tie knots, splices and whippings.
- It includes basic instructions on knots, hitches, splices, lashing, and tackle systems.
- On the plus side, Pawson includes a number of lashings, plaits and sennits, and splices, which Budworth does not.
- Knots have been sorted into general categories - Bends, Bights, Splices and Lashings.
- It covers knots, bends, hitches, splices, whippings, decorative knots, sinnets, tackle and more.
- A boatswain will have knowledge of and ability to use knots, hitches, bends, whipping, and splices as needed to perform tasks such as mooring a vessel.
- Basic Knots Follow the experts in this detailed program covering over 18 knots and splices.
- It teaches a few basic knots - the bowline, sheet bend, and rolling hitch, among others - and splices in three-strand and braided rope.
- Rope Works is a book of knots, hitches, splices, lashings and rope making.
- FHA strap - Metal straps that are used to repair a bearing wall "cut-out", and to "tie together" wall corners, splices, and bearing headers.
- Basic Knots
- Rolling Hitch
- Water Sports > Sailing > Knots > Sheet Bend
- Tying Knots
Books about "Splices" in