Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "State Legislature"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The state legislature is allowed to call a special election for the purposes of voting on proposed amendments.
- The Alaska State Legislature is made up of a Senate and a House of Representatives.
- The Mississippi Legislature is the state legislature of the U.S. state of Mississippi.
- The Texas Real Estate License Act may be amended by the State Legislature, as it deems necessary.
- The present Oklahoma State Flag adopted by the State Legislature in 1925, is Oklahoma's 14th flag.
- Elliott has been honored by the state legislature; having a stretch of road in his native Dawsonville renamed Elliott Family Parkway.
- In 1998 the Georgia state legislature passed a resolution designating a stretch of State Highway 19 within Macon as "Duane Allman Boulevard" in his honor.
- A Bill of Address to remove Massachusetts Chief Justice Margaret Marshall from office was submitted today to the state legislature.
- In co-operation with other parties in the State Legislature, the Cochin State Praja Mandal decided to accept the offer.
- In 1947, running as a candidate from Barbour County, George Wallace was elected to the state legislature.
- In the absence of such a vote, the state legislature is not allowed to call a convention.
- Not only did Burr advocate education for women, upon his election to the New York State Legislature, he submitted a bill to allow women to vote.
- Hunley served in the Louisiana State Legislature and practiced law in New Orleans.
- A law the Texas State Legislature passed in 1997 allows astronauts to vote electronically from space.
- There are several autonomous regions of India to which central government has given varying degrees of autonomy within state legislature.
- In this favorable political climate, the new mayor was quickly able to persuade the state legislature to vest him with total control of the schools.
- Other parties in the state legislature include the Samajwadi Party with 7 seats.
- In the United States they are called special elections, and are held when a seat in Congress, a state legislature or at the local level has become vacant.
- In 1846, the Louisiana state legislature in New Orleans decided to move the seat of government to Baton Rouge.
- One woman retained her seat in the Pohnpei State legislature.
- The Bavaria state election, 2003, was conducted on September 21, 2003, to elect members to the Landtag (state legislature) of Bavaria.
- Founded as "Monmouth Academy," the school became Monmouth College after receiving a charter from the state legislature on September 3, 1856.
- Vera Katz was in her first term in the state legislature.
- The state legislature meets in the Capitol Complex in the state capital, Phoenix.
- The State Government of Kerala functions through three main organs known as the State Legislature, the State Executive and the State Judiciary.
- Various U.S. states have statewide contempt of Congress crimes on the books, in those cases for obstructing the work of the state legislature.
- Municipal corporations are creatures of state law and possess only those powers granted by the state legislature.
- That has been possible because of passage by our State Legislature of House Bill 436, which provides for marriage equality.
- Marriage equality has also been passed in the California state legislature.
- However, if a US state legislature chooses, a diminished mental state may justify the finding of a lesser crime.
- When seats from the neighboring Mat-Su Borough are added, more than half of the Alaska state legislature comes from the Anchorage metropolitan area.
- In 1988, the Oklahoma State Legislature again addressed the design of the state flag.
- About the flag: The present Oklahoma State Flag adopted by the State Legislature in 1925, is Oklahoma's 14th flag.
- The flag of Alabama The flag of Alabama was adopted by Act 383 of the Alabama state legislature on February 16, 1895.
- Similarly, in the US the state legislature of Alabama refused to redistrict for more than 60 years, despite major changes in population patterns.
- The state legislature enacted several new laws designed to promote winemaking and wine distribution.
- In addition to these the President and the Governor have limited powers to issue ordinances when the Parliament or the State Legislature are not in session.
- The Washington State Legislature, Washington State Supreme Court, and governor 's mansion are all located on the capitol campus.
- Forrest Dunn was elected to the state legislature from District 3 in the 1971-1972 cycle, which brought Edwin Washington Edwards to the governorship.
- In 1998, the state legislature granted funds to keep Tingley Coliseum a resource for New Mexicans to enjoy for years to come.
- As a charter city, Sacramento is exempt from many laws and regulations passed by the state legislature.
- Common law is to be distinguished from "statutory law", which is enacted by a legislative body such as Congress or a state legislature.
- The Washington State Legislature is a bicameral body with 49 members in the Senate and 98 members in the House of Representatives.
- One of twelve Libertarians to be elected to a state legislature, Marrou served in the Alaska House of Representatives for one term, from 1984 to 1986.
- The Chief Minister is normally the leader of the political party commanding a majority in the Lower House or the only House of the State Legislature.
- Statutory law -- Laws, or statutes, enacted by legislatures, such as the Ohio State Legislature or the United States Congress.
- Under the Constitution, each state legislature had the power to decide how presidential electors, as well as representatives and senators, would be chosen.
- By convention, senators appointed by the state legislature to fill casual vacancies were from the same political party as the former senator.
- Article 324 (1) also vests in the Commission the powers of superintendence, direction and control of the elections to both Houses of the State Legislature.
- Historically, each state legislature has used gerrymandering to try to control the political makeup of its delegation to the U.S. House of Representatives.
- In Pennsylvania, the Republican-dominated state legislature used gerrymandering to eliminate Democratic representative Frank Mascara.
- State law in the United States, is the law of each separate U.S. state, as passed by the state legislature (and signed into law by the state governor).
- The Illinois State Board of Education or ISBE, autonomous of the governor and the state legislature, administers public education in the state.
- The Kentucky General Assembly, also called the Kentucky Legislature, is the state legislature of the U.S. state of Kentucky.
- The Indiana General Assembly is the state legislature, or legislative branch, of the state government of Indiana.
- A state legislature may refer to a legislative branch or body of a political subdivision in a federal system.
- Jud Strunk became a folk hero of sorts in Maine and in 1970 he narrowly lost the election for a Senate seat in the State legislature.
- The Indiana General Assembly is the state legislature, or legislative branch, of the state of Indiana.
- The Alaska Legislature is the state legislature of the U.S. state of Alaska.
- World > Countries > United States > State Law
- Legislative Branch
- State Government
- Information > Science > Linguistics > Gerrymandering
- Senate Seat
Books about "State Legislature" in