Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Stock Character"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A stock character is a character that relies heavily on cultural types or stereotypes for its personality, manner of speech, and other characteristics.
- The fop is a stock character who appears from time to time in fiction.
- Villain is the most stereotypical type of an antagonist, almost a stock character.
- Miles Gloriosus (literally, "boastful soldier", in the Latin language) is a stock character from the drama of the classical period, specifically from comedy.
- The name Old Opodeldoc was formerly used as a standard name for a stock character who was a physician, especially when played as a comic figure.
- Although the lazy, gluttenous Punch, resembles Bucco and Maccus from the Atellan Farce, such a stock character is present in all stock pools.
- Another type of character is the stereotype or stock character, a character who reappears in various forms in many plays.
- Stereotype is often used as a form of dramatic shorthand for " stock character ".
- Definition: A stock character is a fictional character that relies heavily on cultural types or stereotypes.
- A mad scientist is a stock character of popular fiction, either villainous, or benign and scatter-brained.
- A stock character is a character that relies heavily on cultural types or stereotype s for its personality, manner of speech, and other characteristics.
- Stereotypes are common in the world of drama, where the term is often used as a form of dramatic shorthand for " stock character ".
- Popular Fiction
- Mad Scientist
- Prejudices > Discrimination > Prejudice > Stereotypes
Books about "Stock Character" in