Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Study"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A study was conducted by Dr. Satoshi Mamori, of Jikei University, in which he evaluated tumor biopsies in order to confirm the diagnosis of HCC.
- A study was conducted to systematically review and obtain an estimate of the effect of anemia on survival in cancer patients.
- A study was conducted to assess the efficacy of ZETIA in the treatment of homozygous sitosterolemia.
- A study was undertaken to compare the efficacy of the drug with that of albendazole in the treatment of uncomplicated strongyloidiasis.
- A study (not placebo-controlled) was conducted to determine whether medications effective for the treatment of NMH would benefit CFS patients.
- The study found 96 percent of the study subjects with chronic rhinosinusitis to have a fungus in cultures of their nasal secretions.
- Study subjects will receive treatment with the device or the placebo device 3 times per week for 4 weeks.
- The study subjects were 103 gastric cancer patients <40 yr of age, 100 inpatients with benign diseases, and 101 screenees younger than age 43 yr.
- Scientists never claim absolute knowledge of nature or the behavior of the subject of the field of study.
- The ultimate fate of the universe is a subject of study in the field of cosmology.
- The study subjects were all cases of brain tumor (N = 398) and salivary gland cancer (N = 34) diagnosed in Finland in 1996, with five controls per case.
- Restriction of the study subjects to children and to those followed in specialized CF clinics minimizes the unknown time from infection to detection.
- The study subjects included 8 subjects with gingivitis, 12 with chronic periodontitis and 6 without periodontal disease (total 26 subjects).
- Terror management theory is a developing area of study within the academic study of psychology.
- For the academic study of history of music, see Music history.
- Theoretical biology is a field of academic study and research that involves the use of quantitative tools in biology.
- Ajahn Mun that he would first go and study and then come back to take up the way of practice.
- According to de Groot, this perception, made possible by years of practice and study, is more important than the sheer ability to anticipate moves.
- When we study and practice the Dharma, we tend to look for new things, new information all the time.
- The study will compare one group who will receive chelation treatments with a control group who will get a placebo.
- Over the course of the study, bowel cancer mortality was reduced by 43 percent in the group that had the Flexi-Scope test compared with the control group.
- The result of this study showed that the majority of patients in experimental (76.4%) and control group (74.5%) were male.
- Frequent nut consumption and risk of coronary heart disease in women: prospective cohort study.
- Methods: The study was performed as a prospective cohort study.
- A prospective cohort study of intake of calcium, vitamin D, and other micronutrients in relation to incidence of rectal cancer among postmenopausal women.
- This study evaluated the prevention by lamivudine of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in chronic hepatitis B patients.
- The aim of this study was to report the results of our experience in laparoscopic liver surgery for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in cirrhotic patients.
- Natural history of hepatocellular carcinoma and prognosis in relation to treatment: study of 850 patients.
- Effect of different types of smoking and synergism with hepatitis C virus on risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in American men and women: case-control study.
- Hepatitis C virus genotypes and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosis: a case-control study.
- The aim of this study was to show the association between CAD and PDD. A case-control study was designed.
- This study evaluated the effectiveness of this treatment in patients who were nonresponders to previous interferon-based therapy.
- The study is being conducted to explore the safety and effectiveness of a new chemical entity, BGC20-1531, in subjects with a history of migraine.
- There is no evidence of effectiveness of treatment with GLA, but more study is needed to confirm these results.
- The purpose of this study is to assess the safety, tolerability and effectiveness of rituximab in the treatment of chronic focal encephalitis.
- It is used in treatment of patients with severe active CD. One study and a patient series have provided data for safety of infliximab in pregnancy.
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of E2020 in patients with Dementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB).
- Short term persistence of human papillomavirus and risk of cervical precancer and cancer: population based cohort study.
- Malignancy and mortality in people with coeliac disease: population based cohort study.
- The natural history of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a population based cohort study.
- The estrogen replacement and atherosclerosis (ERA) study: study design and baseline characteristics of the cohort.
- Study design of a mortality trial with intravenous levosimendan (the SURVIVE study) in patients with acutely decompensated heart failure.
- The lack of efficacy of intercessory prayer in this study could be due to theological problems with the study design.
- We performed a retrospective study to evaluate the outcome of patients with cirrhosis and early HCC treated by PEI (n = 417) or OLT (n = 172).
- Overweight and obesity, hepatic steatosis, and progression of chronic hepatitis C: a retrospective study on a large cohort of patients in the United States.
- A retrospective study is a study that looks backwards in time.
- By contrast, a previous study on colorectal cancer found that 40 percent were aware of that disease and its risk factors.
- In the study by Elliott et al [ 4] the presence of two or more risk factors was associated with a 4% to 5% estimated annual SD risk.
- Risk factors for genital HPV DNA in men resemble those found in women: a study of male attendees at a Danish STD clinic.
- Their study involved 3,385 women enrolled in a randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the effectiveness of tamoxifen after surgery.
- Results of this study were similar to those seen in a multicenter double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 70 patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
- Effect of cilostazol in patients with intermittent claudication: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Between February 2006 and July 2006, 20 children were enrolled into this pilot study and all patients completed the study.
- Safety of celecoxib in patients with ulcerative colitis in remission: a randomized, placebo-controlled, pilot study.
- The efficacy of 500 CentiGray radiation in the prevention of heterotopic ossification after total hip arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized, pilot study.
- Similar numbers of patients in each group withdrew from the study because of adverse events (eight cinacalcet, six placebo).
- There were no serious adverse events, and none of the patients failed to complete the study as a result of adverse events.
- Safety evaluations (incidence of adverse events, electrocardiograms (ECGs), physical examinations, laboratory tests) are performed throughout the study.
- Of 265 patients who received treatment, 256 (97%) patients (123 in the placebo group and 133 in the sildenafil group) completed the study.
- By the last 3 weeks of the study, the frequency of migraine attacks was reduced by 41.6% in the treated group, compared to 15.8% in the placebo group.
- There was a significantly greater improvement in depressive symptoms in the group treated with SAMe compared to the placebo group from day 10 of the study.
- Hepatitis C virus genotypes and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosis: a prospective study.
- This study was performed as a part of a prospective study of patients with PLC in Göteborg, Sweden.
- The development of cirrhosis in patients with chronic type B hepatitis: a prospective study.
- Prevalence and incidence of pharyngeal gonorrhea in a longitudinal sample of men who have sex with men: the EXPLORE study.
- Cancer epidemiology is the study of the incidence of cancer as a way to infer possible trends and causes.
- This study determined the incidence and risk factors for symptomatic perioperative VTE in patients with a prior diagnosis of DVT.
- Miles entered the University of Sheffield to study mathematics, but dropped out to concentrate on chess.
- Instead she decided to take the difficult route for a woman of that time and study mathematics at university.
- His military service ended the same year, and in the fall he started to study mathematics and physics at the Jan Kazimierz University of Lwów.
- Because his studies were to be in the fields of law, economics, and finance, he was immediately in conflict with his hopes to study mathematics.
- Thus they study mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and mechanics.
- I would stay there for four years in order to study mathematics and physics.
- Because of this, people today who research the history and development of Chinese science and technology cannot but study the history of the Daoist religion.
- Study the Setting: Invite students to research the area where the Mayon volcano is erupting.
- Results of this study are published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, a journal of the American Association for Cancer Research.
- The researchers expect that the results from this study can contribute to a new procedure for the treatment of patients with anxiety disorders.
- Sometimes every participant in a study receives a new treatment so that researchers can learn more about its safety and effectiveness in treating a disorder.
- Physicians and researchers who specialize in the study, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer are called oncologists.
- First, the present study was conducted under completely blinded conditions, with neither patients nor medical staff aware that a study was being conducted.
- The aim of the present study, therefore, was to study the impact of H. pylori CagA status on gastric juice vitamin C levels.
- The present study was conducted to study the clinical profile and outcome of PCP in patients with HIV infection.
- Prevalence and risk factors of genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infections in healthy males: a study on Finnish conscripts.
- The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence and the risk factors for the development of the varicocele among Bulgarian boys.
- Our data will enable the development of diagnostic tests to study the prevalence and clinical impact of this virus in humans in more detail.
- Students interested in cognitive science may emphasize one of these areas of study within psychology.
- Moral psychology is a field of study in both philosophy and psychology.
- Psychology is an academic and applied field involving the study of the human mind, brain, and behavior.
- The study of social control falls within the academic disciplines of anthropology, economics, history, law, political science, psychology, and sociology.
- Criminology is held within the filed of sociology, the science or study of society.
- Research on Wikipedia links naturally to topics currently under study in economics, psychology, and sociology.
- The Society was formed in 1951 to promote the study, performance and appreciation of the works of Sir Edward Elgar and research into his life and music.
- The fossil record was one of the early sources of data relevant to the study of evolution and continues to be relevant to the history of life on Earth.
- The most important branch of science for shedding light on the origin of life on earth is paleontology, the study of fossils.
- He began to study and write Japanese history, his purpose being to "enlighten people who find it hard to understand the vicissitudes of life".
- The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of sun ginseng (SG) on quality of life in cancer patients.
- The purpose of this study is to determine if use of Nortriptyline will improve symptoms and quality of life in patients who have nonulcer dyspepsia.
- An area of study which draws from linguistics and psychology and focuses upon the comprehension and production of language.
- The study of language processing in cognitive science is closely tied to the field of linguistics.
- The field of linguistics is concerned with the study of human language as a universal part of human behavior and thinking.
- Linguistics is the scientific study of human language, and someone who engages in this study is called a linguist.
- Scientific study of religious texts would allow Jews to study the history of Judaism, and one could discover how it had developed over time.
- Scientific study of religious texts would allow people to study the history of Judaism.
- Double blind, randomised, placebo controlled study of four weeks of lansoprazole for the treatment of functional dyspepsia in Chinese patients.
- Treatment of patients with mildly symptomatic pulmonary arterial hypertension with bosentan (EARLY study): a double-blind, randomised controlled trial.
- Schellenberg R. Treatment for the premenstrual syndrome with agnus castus fruit extract: prospective, randomised, placebo controlled study.
- Dose-dependent safety and efficacy of zonisamide: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with refractory partial seizures.
- Bennett RM, Clark SC, Walczyk J. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of growth hormone in the treatment of patients with fibromyalgia.
- Efficacy and tolerability of a Chinese herbal medicine concoction for treatment of atopic dermatitis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- A double-blind, randomized, controlled study of amitriptyline, nortriptyline and placebo in patients with fibromyalgia.
- A multi-center, randomized, double-blind, dose-response, placebo and gabapentin controlled study of PD-217,014 in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia.
- In 1 study, patients were randomized to receive 5 days of treatment with either VALTREX 500 mg twice daily (n = 360) or placebo (n = 259).
- The aim of the study was to compare the efficacy and safety of 3, once-daily doses of the sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) with placebo.
- The purpose of this study is to compare the safety and efficacy of zonisamide with placebo.
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Mitiglinide compared to Nateglinide for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Ursodeoxycholic acid in the treatment of cholestasis of pregnancy: a randomized, double-blind study controlled with placebo.
- However, in a double-blind study of 24 people, this treatment proved no more effective than placebo.
- The effect of policosanol on platelet aggregation was investigated in a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study conducted on healthy volunteers.
- Evaluation of omeprazole in the treatment of reflux laryngitis: a prospective, placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind study.
- Based on these results, a multicenter, prospectively randomized, parallel, double-blind study of patients with refractory partial seizures was initiated.
- Tacalcitol ointment in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris: a multicentre, placebo-controlled, double-blind study on efficacy and safety.
- Results of a prospective, double-blind, randomized study.
- Morisco C, Trimarco B, Condorelli M. Effect of coenzyme Q10 therapy in patients with congestive heart failure: A long-term, multicenter, randomized study.
- The effect of Ipomoea batatus (Caiapo) on glucose metabolism and serum cholesterol in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized study.
- Multicenter, prospective and randomized study in phase IV. A total of 302 patients will be included in the study within 40-50 institutions in Spain.
- Results of a double-blind, randomized study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Antibiophilus in patients with radiation-induced diarrhoea.
- Clinical trial on the efficacy of a new symbiotic formulation, Flortec, in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: a multicenter, randomized study.
- Although few studies have been conducted on the risk for liver cancer in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis, one study reported an incidence of 2.3%.
- In the CORE study, 4,011 of the women from the MORE study continued the blinded treatment after a median gap in therapy of 10.6 months between studies.
- Our study extends these previous studies by providing new information, at the population level, for a large number of patients from a recent cohort.
- To our knowledge, this study is the first to show a brain abnormality in people who lie, cheat and manipulate others.
- Our study is the first to show a link between individual differences in brain activity and human motion perception.
- Within each study the results did not show a consistently increased response to dose.
- At age thirteen, Tycho entered the University of Copenhagen to study law and philosophy.
- The childhood ambition of Mohandas was to study medicine, but as this was considered defiling to his caste, his father prevailed on him to study law instead.
- At the age of 16, Goethe began to study law at Leipzig University (1765-68), and he also studied drawing with Adam Oeser.
- After planning to study law, Freud joined the medical faculty at University of Vienna to study under Darwinist Prof.
- In 1885 Sibelius entered the University of Helsinki to study law, but after only a year found himself drawn back to music.
- Law and economics is a school of jurisprudence in which the tools of microeconomic analysis are used to study law.
- After being a choir-boy he went on to study law at Marburg before going to Venice from 1609-1613 to study music with Giovanni Gabrieli.
- In nineteen thirty, Marian Anderson received money to study music in London.
- Amy Lee was born in North Adams, Massachusetts but left the New England cold to study music at the University of Miami.
- Humans > Health > Diseases > Patients
- Health > Diseases > Treatments > Treatment
- Music > Musical Compositions > Albums > Results
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Security > Risk
* Study Group
* Study Patients
* Study Period
* Study Population
* Study Results
* Study Treatment
Books about "Study" in