Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Symbolism"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Symbolism is a 19th-century movement in which art became infused with a spooky mysticism.
- Symbolism is a 19th-century movement in which art became infused with exaggerated sensitivity and a spooky mysticism.
- Symbolism is the applied use of symbols: iconic representations that carry particular conventional meanings.
- Symbolism was a late nineteenth century art movement of French and Belgian origin in poetry and other arts.
- The symbolism is explained on the article for Edward, the Black Prince, who was the first Prince of Wales to bear the emblem; see also John, King of Bohemia.
- Despite its symbolism, the charoset is a tasty concoction and is a favorite of children.
- The movement is associated with Germany in particular, and was influenced by such emotionally-charged styles as Symbolism, Fauvism, and Cubism.
- Symbolism of Nataraja: For Siva dance is a kind of entertainment, or activity, that is spontaneous and without any purpose.
- Buddhism also has incorporated the conch into its symbolism.
- The symbolism was also used in 1910 by Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell in the first volume of Principia mathematica.
- The symbolism behind the wedding dress, however, has not changed.
- That the prayer wheel is spun clockwise, just as stupas are generally circumambulated clockwise, seems to be related to this symbolism.
- Additionally, Daughters of Darkness is a film rife with yonic symbolism (the opposite of phallic symbolism).
- There is also Phallic and yonic symbolism used, the phallic imagery being the spire and the model, showing how men are driven.
- It is a door into the rich and profound symbolism of Tibetan sacred art.
- The Catholic Church is rich with occult symbolism and pagan-inspired tokens.
- Honor Point the place on a flag where the color or charge with the greatest or highest symbolism is placed -- almost always the upper left.
- The cassock, also known as a soutane, comes in a number of styles, though no particular symbolism attaches to these.
- A solid (filled) form of heptagram appears often on the flag and in the heraldic symbolism of Australia.
- It was not a Masonic Lodge but an esoteric society of Freemasons who were interested in occultism, the Kabbalah in particular, and Masonic symbolism.
- Masonic symbolism may be a source of the trials of John Barleycorn as set forth in the Burns version.
- See the article on Japanese sound symbolism.
- Finally, a third kind of solar symbolism evoked by the prayer wheel is the suns westward transit across the sky each day as a symbol of the right path.
- Since the 1970s, the punk image of irresponsible youths has also been associated with anarchist symbolism, so furthering the association with violence.
- Post a question or answer questions about "Anarchist symbolism" at WikiAnswers.
- It is representative of creation and cosmic renewal and shares in the chakra and mandala symbolism of the Dharmachakra.
- The use of the fleur-de-lis has led to some controversy, with critics citing its military symbolism.
- Drawing from this powerful association, the thunderbolt is often found in military symbolism.
- Sound symbolism or phonosemantics is a branch of linguistics and refers to the idea that vocal sounds have meaning.
- Another aspect of Nataraja rich in a similar symbolism is his lengthy and sensuous hair.
- The occult and esoteric symbolism within Coil's works Coil at LyricWiki Interviews Other interview collection The Wire interview with Coil.
- This version of Cernunnos is based little on historical findings and more on phallic symbolism, merged from elements of Pan.
- His reference was doubly salacious, referring to both the bark tea's contraceptive qualities and the phallic symbolism of the hard wood.
- Phallic symbolism was particularly prominent at the Dionysia, indicating that Dionysos was there being worshipped as a fertility god.
- Communist symbolism consists of a series of symbols that represent (either literally or figuratively) a variety of themes associated with communism.
- Post a question or answer questions about "Communist symbolism" at WikiAnswers.
- Keeping in mind the colour symbolism of Indian sarees, the artisans create sarees and designs.
- Colour symbolism in Indian sarees has been playing a major part in Indian life since Vedic times.
- Not until we come to realize the meaning of Buddhist symbolism, will we appreciate the sophistication and completeness of its education.
- Buddhist symbolism appeared from around the 3rd century BCE, and started with aniconic symbolism, avoiding direct representations of the Buddha.
- Christian Iconography & Medieval Burial Rites: A 14 page paper discussing the influence of Christian symbolism and iconography in the Middle Ages.
- Tolkien's devout faith proved a significant factor in the conversion of C. S. Lewis to Christianity, and his writings contain Christian symbolism and values.
- Oedipus Sex: 6 page essay which explores the sexual symbolism in Oedipus The King.
- Sexual symbolism is common in Vajrayana iconography, where it basically represents the union of wisdom and compassion or wisdom and method.
- Towards the end of the century, English poets began to take an interest in French symbolism and Victorian poetry entered a decadent fin-de-siecle phase.
- The standard reference on Carlos Schwabe, the great representative of Art Nouveau and French Symbolism.
- Hitler was upfront about what he was doing; the symbolism was deliberately occult, pagan, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic.
- I renounce the All-Seeing Third Eye of Freemasonry or Horus in the forehead and its pagan and occult symbolism.
- It is unclear whether Elagabalus had any real feelings towards Severa, or whether he was more concerned with the symbolism of the marriage.
- Sexual symbolism is common in Vajrayana iconography, where it basically represents the marriage of wisdom and compassion or method.
- For most of his logical symbolism and notions of propositions Peano credits "many writers, especially Boole".
- He is best known for his paintings of everyday life invested with a sense of mystery, symbolism, and eroticism.
- It might be the symbolism of the process of her impregnation, and the love and mystery of the swan.
- It is a very dark piece, full of unlikeable characters and symbolism that comments on the shortcomings of society.
- Symbolism and ceremonies became important as ways of glorifying the values of Vichy's National Revolution.
- The ouroboros has been important in religious and mythological symbolism, but has also been frequently used in alchemical illustrations.
- In Chengde, profound symbolism was also important.
- Many small monasteries are expert in performing these ritual dances, but we might question their understanding of the symbolism and significance behind them.
- The sacrament conveyed the understanding and symbolism of the Passover Supper, now consummated in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.
- In Debussy's music the qualities of impressionism and symbolism are very prominent.
- The late 19th century then saw a host of artistic movements, such as academic art, symbolism, impressionism and fauvism among others.
- Besides, the French symbolism which appeared in the late 19th century heralded modernism.
- Firstly, it is the same because apparently for many of them the communist symbolism is a reminder of home.
- Russian socialists used symbolism and the word "socialist" in their group's name, before the German socialists and it served as an example.
- This indicates the multi-faceted nature of the symbolism of the mantra that Tibetans chant as they circumambulate the residence of the Dalai Lama.
- Mithraism, an off-shoot of Zoroastrianism, holds many striking parallels in symbolism and mythology to the latter Jewish and early Christian writings.
- ISBN 091191028X. ^ a b "Nomenclature and symbolism for amino acids and peptides (IUPAC-IUB Recommendations 1983)", Pure Appl.
- The German historian, Heinrich Fichtenau, includes in his book The Carolingian Empire a discussion of the symbolism of the Palace Chapel.
- The occult researcher, Michael Howard, comments on the symbolism of Levi's pantheistic idol, Baphomet, in his book, The Occult Conspiracy.
- Understanding the importance of the rubber ball in the Mesoamerican ballgame is imperative if one is to grasp all of the levels of symbolism.
- The symbolism of union and sexual polarity is a central teaching Tantric Buddhism, especially in Tibet.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Reference > Symbols
- Places > World > Countries > Flag
- Society > Culture > Arts > Surrealism
* Arab People
* Art Critic
* Australian Flag
* Chapter Summaries
* Egyptian Temples
* Italian Fascism
* Makes Extensive
* Page Paper
* Quartermaster Corps
* Scarlet Letter
* Short Story
* Symbolism Associated
* Tupac Shakur
* Union Jack
* Youngest Members
Books about "Symbolism" in