Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Tag Titles"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- At the Royal Rumble, The Hart Brothers took on tag team champions The Quebecers for the tag titles.
- It would be cool and it would give the Tag titles some more attention and the Tag division more TV time.
- Neither set of tag titles are on the line, but really it does not surprise me.
- September 8, 1980, the Wild Samoans defeated Tony Garea and Rene Goulet in the tournament finals to capture the tag titles again.
- The Horsemen held all 4 major NWA titles (World Heavyweight, US Championship, and Tag Titles), something that no other group except Evolution has done.
- Parker turning on the Stable and helping Heat recapture the tag titles.
- Stone Cold held the Tag Titles for a third time with, his then number one contender, the Undertaker.
- The duo would soon win the tag titles.
- The duo would win the Tag Titles, a victory Animal dedicated to his late friend and partner.
- Ten times the duo held the WCW Tag Titles, a record that will forever stand.
- The Stipulation was the winner gets the rights to DX. August 9, 1999 RAW: X-Pac & Kane won tag titles from Acolytes.
- There's absolutely nothing about whether either set of tag titles will be defended as neither Show & Kane nor MNM are in big feuds right now.
- On the August 9 edition of SmackDown!, they lost the tag titles to Alliance members Diamond Dallas Page and Chris Kanyon.
- Harlem Heat - The Windhams win the tag titles while WCW still belives that we are in the 80s and people care about anyone with the last name Windham.
- Soon after losing the tag titles, Douglas left WCW for Eastern Championship Wrestling.
- Heenan mocks Andre the Giant, and blames him for losing the Tag Titles.
- Opening match, Tazz and Spike defend the tag titles against Dvon and Bubba, A good match although a little short in my opinion.
- Otunga announces tonight, Swagger will face Orton and ShowMiz will defend the Tag Titles against the odd team of Batista and John Cena.
- Batista & Rey would be unsuccessful in their attempt to win the tag titles after Show pinned Rey after a knockout punch.
- Batista and Ric Flair - Evolution loses their tag titles.
- Cena would submit Michaels at WrestleMania 23, but the two still had their tag titles to defend.
- You'll recall the unique significance of the tag titles: the champions get to appear on both Raw and Smackdown.
- Next week, he will be put to the test again when HBK and Cena defend their tag titles against Rated-RKO on Raw.
- Kidd & Smith will be bouncing back and forth between shows until they lose the tag titles, but Raw seems like the better regular home for them.
- Rob Van Dam and Booker T - Evolution regains the tag titles that no one cares about.
- In 1999, Booker got Stevie to leave the nWo and Harlem Heat was again looking for the Tag Titles.
- Then, when Vince and Flair team up, win the tournament for the tag titles that they issue.
- This was the finals of a tournament for the vacant NWA Tag titles.
- Raven and Stevie Richards - Pitbulls win the tag titles with some outside help.
- Shawn Michaels & Triple H in a TLC match for the tag titles; John Morrison vs.
- They participated in the first ever TLC match for the WWF Tag Titles at Summerslam in 2000, gaining them a large amount of priority, even though they lost.
- Sting defeated Giant for his half of the tag titles and named Nash his partner afterwards.
- Sting would go on to win the tag titles as part of Nash's stable.
- Outsiders - Dispite it being a NWO PPV, Steiners still win the tag titles.
- They defeated Edge and Christian, earning the right to face them the following week for the tag titles, which Edge and Christian retained.
- Edge and Christian in a ladder match for the WWF tag titles at Summer Slam Tazz: The masters of the ladder match vs.
- Another title match would follow this with Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack taking on the New Age Outlaws for the Tag titles.
- After several abortive attempts to regain the tag titles, the Kru began supporting Ron Killings's bid to become NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
- Scott Hall and Syxx - Steiners win the tag titles.
- In February 2002, Billy and Chuck defeated Spike Dudley and Tazz to win the Tag Titles for the first time as a team.
- The team won the ECW tag titles on three different occasions, and had a great feud back in the day vs the Pitbulls.
- They became the first the first and only team to win world tag titles in all three of the top promotions of the 1980s.
- Some time soon these two are going to have to drop the tag titles and continue their feud for the United States Title.
- Edge would walk out on Benoit and the tag titles on November 4th and the the two Canadians would feud with each other.
- In 1990 they battled the Rock 'n' Roll Express for the tag titles before seeing that feud fade as they began to fight The Four Horsemen.
- Kid fell to the floor while Smith pinned Valentine to win the tag titles and end Dream Team's seven month reign.
- Four days later, Chavo and Eddie would lose the tag titles to the Basham Brothers.
- After a promising start in the 1999 WCW, winning the tag titles with two different partners and a short stint with the U.S. title in Aug.
- Steve Austin spent five years in WCW. He held the TV Title twice, the US Title twice, and the Tag Titles once with the late Brian Pillman.
- He said he would take the US title and the Hart Dynasty would take the tag titles.
- In a span of two devastating days, Triple H lost the Intercontinental Championship to Kane at Judgment Day and then lost the tag titles the following night.
- They won the Tag Titles at Judgment Day in a ladder match.
- Eddie would hold the Tag Titles and US title at one time, but immediately lose them both in addition to several other matches.
- In his time with WCW he won the Tag titles from Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'haire.
- Edge and Christian split in 2001, the same time that the Hardyz won their tag titles.
- Flair and Valentine regained the tag titles from the Andersons on October 30, 1977, this time leaving Ole unable to leave under his own power.
- At No Mercy 2002, Booker and Goldust battled Jericho and Christian for the tag titles, but they lost the match with Jericho using the title belt on Goldust.
- In the new year, Los Guerreros split up after Chavo attacked Eddie after a match for the Tag Titles against the Bashams.
- The match was OK, but short for being for the World Tag Titles.
- Bret then told Miz that the Hart Dynasty was going to take the tag titles.
- So, the latest challengers for the tag titles are Miz and Chris Jericho – both of whom were previously co-champions with the Big Show.
- So apparently they are going to go after the tag titles as a way to go to Smackdown and get revenge on Big Show.
- The next night on Raw, the Two-Man Power Trip faced Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho with the tag titles on the line.
- Los Guerreros participated at WrestleMania XIX as contenders for the Tag Titles, along with the team of Chris Benoit and Rhyno.
- Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho # 1 contender for World Tag Titles This was one of the best tag matches ever.
- Throughout the year, the Hardyz would continue as a tag team, winning the WWF Tag Titles once again and the WCW Tag Titles during the The Invasion.
- He was, however, on the verge of getting his first major push (set to capture the WCW Tag Titles with Steven Regal), when his contract started to expire.
- Raven & Justin Credible also challenged for the WCW Tag Titles in 2001, but fell short.
- Their NWA World Tag Team title win went unrecognized by the NWA. They held both tag titles until 1992, when they lost them to Rhodes and Windham.
- Legion of Doom is the only tag team in wrestling history to hold the AWA, NWA, and WWF tag titles.
- They are the only team in history to have held the NWA, AWA, & WWF Tag titles.
- The US Express' most notable feud was with The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, who they lost the tag titles to at the first WrestleMania.
- He would retain the US Title and Tag Titles until October where he lost the belts to Big Show and the Basham Brothers respectively.
- He then simply thanked Melina for the "warmup" before leaving to take part in the match, where he & Mysterio won the tag titles.
- First Wrestlemania
- Big Show
Books about "Tag Titles" in