Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Tamworth"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Tamworth is Australia's country music capital and holds a country music festival in January each year.
- The town of Tamworth was historically divided between Warwickshire and Staffordshire, but since 1888 has been fully in Staffordshire.
- Tamworth Castle is a small castle, located next to the River Tame, in the town of Tamworth in Staffordshire England.
- It was created by a merger of Cannock Chase Technical College and centres of further education in Tamworth, Lichfield and Rodbaston.
- The Guiding movement in Tamworth stretches back a long way with girls and Leaders finding friendship and fun.
- Tramlink tram 2546 on Tamworth Road at the junction of Ruskin Road in Croydon.
- At Fazeley in Tamworth there is a junction with the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal.
- Hyperion delivering coal at Banbury on the Oxford Canal, originally built by S.E.Barlow at Tamworth in 1935.
- Towns that were split by historic borders and were unified in one administrative county include Banbury, Mossley, Tamworth, Todmorden.
- The canal runs for 38 miles from the centre of Coventry to join the Trent and Mersey canal near Tamworth.
- Tamworth grew rapidly in the postwar years as it soaked up overspill from the West Midlands conurbation to the southwest.
- The Act also saw the towns of Tamworth (partly in Warwickshire) and Burton upon Trent (partly in Derbyshire) united entirely in Staffordshire.
- The Coventry Canal that flows from Coventry and passes Bedworth, Nuneaton, Atherstone and Polesworth and then further to Tamworth.
- It runs through or past the towns of Bedworth, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Polesworth and Tamworth.
- United Kingdom > England > Coventry > Coventry Canal
- Countries > United Kingdom > England > Warwickshire
- Postwar Years
Books about "Tamworth" in