Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Temptations"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The Temptations were Motown's top-selling male vocal group, racking up a ton of mid-60s hits, most of which were written by Smokey Robinson.
- Ollie Woodson remained with the Temptations until 1987, when he was fired and replaced by an again-returning Dennis Edwards.
- Nate Evans & The SOUNDS OF THE TEMPTATIONS is a truly extraordinary experience, a show that brings back the magic of Motown.
- Notable artists included Jimmy Ruffin and early recordings by The Temptations).
- In mid- 1968, the Temptations decided that they could no longer put up with Ruffin's arrogance, and they replaced him with former Contour Dennis Edwards.
- It was decided that Edwards' group would be called "The Temptations Revue featuring Dennis Edwards", the name that Edwards tours under to this day.
- Dennis Edwards' addition to the Temptations coincided with producer Norman Whitfield's adoption of a new sound for the group.
- They were initially scorned by more traditional orders, who thought these "urban monks" would never survive the temptations of the city.
- Over the course of their career, the Temptations have released four Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles and 14 Billboard R&B number-one singles.
- It was decided that Edwards' group would be called "Dennis Edwards & the Temptations Review", the name that Edwards tours under to this day.
- The material is presented in groove blocks based on motown hits by acts like the temptations, the jackson 5 and marvin gaye, to name a few.
- It was decided that Edwards' group would be called "The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards", the name that Edwards tours under to this day.
- Although there are three of these groups, this group featured the gracious Otis Williams, one of the original Temptations.
- The Temptations, with their tailored suits and detailed choreography, set the bar for male soul and R&B groups.
- I pray to You to protect and guard me from temptations and trials", for there is none who is not tempted and tried.
- Jesus, having become fully human in all respects, suffered the pains and temptations of a mortal man, yet he did not sin.
- Information about one of the original Temptations, Dennis Edwards, his history and information on what he's doing now.
- At the beginning of history, in his lovely garden, Adam spoke poetry, named the animals, and fought hard against the temptations of philosophy.
- His brother Jimmy Ruffin went on a Motortown Revue tour with the Temptations, and he told David that they needed someone to sing tenor in their group.
- The doctor found a spot on Williams' liver, and demanded that the singer retire from The Temptations.
- In order to focus on his enlightenment search, Buddha sat under a fig tree and after fighting many temptations he got his enlightenment.
- Perhaps the oldest and most prominent is the concept that the Church is the Ark (as in Noah's) in which the world is saved from the flood of temptations.
- Dennis Edwards' career with the Temptations began in 1966, and so did a long line of hits for the group.
- If it is published, it will be the 2nd autobiography regarding The Temptations (the first being Otis Williams book "Temptations").
- Dennis Edwards left The Temptations for the third and final time in late 1989, with Ali-Ollie Woodson re-joining the lineup.
- Over the course of their career, The Temptations have released four number-one pop hit singles and 14 number-one R&B hit singles.
- Other kinds of pressures or temptations brought other Rajas into the fold of Islam.57 Criminals were set free if they became Muslims.
- In the case of the Temptations, the flamboyant choreography he orchestrated for each song became as integral to the group's identity as its singers or songs.
- On one side and across three jams, Whitfield and the Temptations would give '70s-era funk musicians a broad palette from which to draw inspiration.
- The two singers joined forces on a cover of the Temptations "(You Gotta Walk And) Don't Look Back," a song Tosh had previously recorded with the Wailers.
- Woodson remained with The Temptations until 1987, when he was replaced by a returning (for the second time) Dennis Edwards.
- Initially known as the Elgins, the quintet were renamed the Temptations by Berry Gordy when he signed them to Motown in 1961.
- Those who pray with fervor and confidence find themselves to be stronger against the temptations of evil, and God sends them Good Spirits to assist them.
- Reginald Reed, former lead singers of The Drifters, was anxiously chosen by Nate Evans to replace Richard Street, 28 year veteran of The Temptations.
- Richard Street left The Temptations in 1992 after a twenty-year association with the group, with Theo Peoples taking his place.
- By 1989, Ruffin, Kendrick, and former Temptations lead singer Dennis Edwards were performing together on a regular basis.
- His uncle was Melvin Franklin, the bass vocalist of The Temptations.
- The younger brother of Jimmy Ruffin and the cousin of Melvin Franklin of the Temptations.
- Eddie Kendricks sang lead on that Smokey Robinson song, and for the next five years Ruffin and Kendricks would alternate lead vocals for the Temptations.
- It wasn't a huge hit but this cut from the Temptations in 1970 still had Eddie Kendricks as the lead singer.
- In April 1971, Paul Williams quit The Temptations, after a doctor declared that he was unable to continue performing.
- Paul Williams (far right), with the Temptations in 1967.
- In April, Paul Williams quit the Temptations, after a medical declaration that he was unable to continue performing.
- Otis Williams and the other Temptations decided to resort to enlisting an on-hand fill-in for Paul Williams.
- With Franklin's death on February 23, 1995 at the age of 53, Otis Williams is the last surviving original member of the Temptations quintet.
- Melvin Franklin could do just that, show after show, and he was proud to be a member of The Temptations.
- As a member of the Temptations, Paul Williams was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989 and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Otis Williams, member of the Temptations His choreography is so unique, it´s just like a Rolls Royce among a whole lot of Yugos.
- Whoever prays with fervour and confidence grows stronger against evil temptations, and God sends the Good Spirits to assist them.
- Whoever prays with fervor and confidence grows stronger against evil temptations, and God sends the Good Spirits to assist them.
- Those who pray with fervour and confidence find themselves to be stronger against the temptations of evil, and God sends them Good Spirits to assist them.
- Allen has also played bass with a number of other artists, including George Clinton, Lenny Williams, The Temptations, and Lighthouse for the Blind.
- Pg. 84–85. (the Primes had by this time combined with Otis Williams & the Distants and would soon sign to Motown as The Temptations).
- The following year, Otis Williams published his autobiography, Temptations, co-written with Patricia Romanowski.
- Bangkok is a city of many vices and more than a few temptations.
- Dennis Edwards (born February 3, 1943) is an American soul and R&B singer, most noted for being one of Motown act The Temptations ' lead singers.
- Following the ceremony, David and Eddie would get together with Dennis Edwards, who the Temptations had replaced with Ali "Ollie" Woodson.
- Then the first Grammy award, which was also the first for MOTOWN Records, was won by The Temptations with Dennis Edwards as lead singer.
- During the 1990s, Edwards began touring under the name "Dennis Edwards & the Temptations", prompting a legal battle between himself and Otis Williams.
- David Ruffin - musician, the Temptations, drug overdose.
- Kendricks rekindled his friendship with David Ruffin, who persuaded him to quit the Temptations and go solo.
- Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin, whose solo careers had by now run dry, agreed to re-join The Temptations for the Reunion album and tour.
- I started singing when I was about seven, and all my influences were soul singers: Otis Redding, James Brown, the Four Tops, the Temptations.
- Members of the interracial band would perform choreographed renditions of hits by James Brown, the Temptations and the Four Tops.
- In 2006, he joined The Temptations Revue featuring Dennis Edwards, although Woodson and Edwards were never groupmates at the same time in The Temptations.
- The sole remaining original lead singer of the Temptations, Dennis Edwards is a talented musician and is one of the gifted singers of our time.
- Motown > Marvin Gaye
- Motown > Smokey Robinson
- Motown > Marvin Gaye > Diana Ross
* Diana Ross
* Marvin Gaye
* Original Member
* Smokey Robinson
* Stevie Wonder
Books about "Temptations" in